Rate this topic

Dudley at #1 but I hear they are really loaded. Reidsville n Shelby would be a classic if they could match up. It’s going to be a fun season and ready for football season to begin. 

I'm hearing Dudley got some real talent on the team as well. I'm really hoping for a healthy season for those guys because it's fun watching Dudley at their best. 

I’d have us in top ten.  I know we can beat more than half of the teams on this list.  Bring it!  15 seniors and a solid running game.  Improving passing game and a stingy defense. This is a team returning 9 starters on offense and 9 starters on defense. 

6 hours ago, Knights said:

Alot if years swain has 20+ seniors.

Not last season.  We had nine total seniors and five of those played.

18 minutes ago, RD28327 said:

North Rowan and South Stanly ahead of North Stanly ... Interesting ...🤔

You are aware of the amount of players that North Stanly graduated, right?  I'm not saying that they'll be down, but they aren't going to be the same world-beaters that they were last season. 

I like the optimism on South Central. They were a few nail biting games within their split conference last year. I give coach Tew  credit, he has improved every year to build a reputable program. If he has anything this year, he has been good at keeping his cards close to his vest so far when it comes to this season.

14 hours ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Lol there's no surprise with Creek. 

Lot of preseason Myers Park hype. Wasnt sure where Chris would put them. Obviously Langston has bought in on them.

21 hours ago, SwainDad40 said:

WOW - No just motivated our boys more.  

Underrated by everyone I suppose..... 

Can’t wait!!

Kinda like last year?

Hasn’t Swain lost four years in a row in the second round of the playoffs?  A few were real bad losses.  May be they should be in the top 20 but top 10 is a stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knights said:

Swain hasn't been the same since the Cherokee/Swain transfer changes 5 or 6 years ago.

That..and the program has been  poisoned by a handful of players and parents the last couple years. 

North Stanly's recruiting fell off when it became apparent that the coaching staff can't win jack with two D1 players and a few others that I believe went on to college. They had a once in a lifetime team last year. That was the pinnacle of their existence. 

North Stanly and South Stanly ranked too high.South Stanly graduated about 23 seniors which is a lot for a 1A school and North Stanly graduated all of their skill players plus their best defensive player.

4 minutes ago, Knights said:

I think Pisgah or Smoky should be in Brevards spot

In 2A? Smoky got smoked by North in the first round last year and Pisgah was a 1 seed that got beat by a very weak EL team. 

9 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Lot of preseason Myers Park hype. Wasnt sure where Chris would put them. Obviously Langston has bought in on them.

I'm not but people r into the "star power". We will see tho.

I’d have Heritage a few spots higher and I’m not sure Brevard will repeat the success of last season, other than that good list, I say Pisgah or Heritage breaks into the top 10 at some point.

51 minutes ago, MHHS09 said:

I’d have Heritage a few spots higher and I’m not sure Brevard will repeat the success of last season, other than that good list, I say Pisgah or Heritage breaks into the top 10 at some point.

Pisgah will have their chance to prove they belong but how much of a hangover will their be after getting beat by a 16 seed?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Pisgah will have their chance to prove they belong but how much of a hangover will their be after getting beat by a 16 seed?

I agree they have a lot to prove, but from everything I’ve been hearing about them this could be one of their best teams in the last ten years, again we’ll have to wait and see. We’ve got them in Canton week 4.

The YVC with the closure of West Montgomery is arguably the absolute worst conference in the state. West had a down (horrible) final season due to the coach's lack of dedication and care. He took the job to pad his retirement package. Fact. I hate it for the YVC but with the uncertainty at South Davidson, Chatham Central being Chatham Central there isn't a legitimate top 30 team in the lot. 

4 hours ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

I'd say the loss in the first round would be more beneficial to a team like Pisgah than it would be harmful.  I think it says more about what kind of team they actually had in 2018.

The YVC has always been a top heavy conference and will be the same this year. I would have to say North Rowan is a top 30 team pretty much every year.

As big as Myers Park High is you would think they would have pretty good depth and solid talent surrounding the big time D1 prospects. They will be interesting to watch. 

3 hours ago, Superkase said:

I'd say the loss in the first round would be more beneficial to a team like Pisgah than it would be harmful.  I think it says more about what kind of team they actually had in 2018.

I'd hope so but that east team was a BAD team. They had no business in the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, Knights said:

Both teams should be better than Brevard.

Agree that they should be better than Brevard but don't think they are a top 15 worthy team.