Rate this topic

Worst hit I ever experienced was on defense from a teammate that I did not see coming.   We were both coming in for a tackle.  Head ringer!   But you know back then nobody checked you and you stayed in the game and never missed a day of practice or any games.   

One play comes to mind when i think of hardest hits, this was the 2011 match up between Page and Butler.

Multiple huge decleaters on this play, the initial hit that knocked the ball loose for the INT, and then the 2 blocks on the INT return that left 2 bulldogs on the ground for a while (one of them isnt shown on this video)

45 minutes ago, JJ Barile said:

One play comes to mind when i think of hardest hits, this was the 2011 match up between Page and Butler.

Multiple huge decleaters on this play, the initial hit that knocked the ball loose for the INT, and then the 2 blocks on the INT return that left 2 bulldogs on the ground for a while (one of them isnt shown on this video)

We dont discuss 2011 Page here :). Stricken from memory

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

We dont discuss 2011 Page here :). Stricken from memory

Having been to a lot of Vance vs MC games.. .pick anyone of those games the last 5 yrs.....sheesh.

1 hour ago, 704cougarsdad said:

Having been to a lot of Vance vs MC games.. .pick anyone of those games the last 5 yrs.....sheesh.

Myles Dorn hit on Harbison was first hit that came to mind.

Kalen Allan hit on  Shyeam McQueen of Scotland was the other. I thought he killed him.

• Like 1

Not 1a at the time but back in the late 80’s Mitchell had a young man by the name of Jonathan Atkins. He hit a return man from Owen on the opening kickoff at Owen that was just nasty. Clean but a total decleater. 

Still to this day haven’t  seen anything to top it. He had many big hits in his time in purple but that was the best I saw. His son was a key player on the 15 Mitchell team that lost to WRH in the state finals.

• Like 1

I'm really not 100% sure about the best individual hit/tackle I've seen, but Devon "Tookie" Reese from Murphy's senior year in 2010 was like a biggest hits mixtape, he maimed several people that season and they were clean and legal hits/tackles. Even the Robbinsville faithful couldn't help but ew and awe at the decleater he delivered at Big Oaks that year.

• Like 1

I got my brains scrambled on kick off return,but the hardest hit I've seen was in 2016 at the dog pound north end goal line.Javonte a Jr. hit #10 a 260 lb rb from Clinton so hard, he didn't want the ball anymore. Lewis gave him the again,same play and 10 just fell down before he got to line. Another by Nate Irving over at JK. Nate got penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct for standing over him and taunting

• Like 1

Last year I attended the North Lenior vs Farmville Central game. In the second play of this highlight film the undersized yet bull dozing T/G sophmore laid 2 thundering hits after an interception. He completely flattened the would be blocker and laid the lumber on the ball carrier that rattled the bleachers. The refs flew flags because one official lost a tooth just because he was in the vicinity of the hit. Lol. Why this kid didn't start at MLB for this dismal team is beyond me. Lol

http://www.hudl.com/v/2AEHed

The most vicious hits I've seen have been on kick-offs and or punts.  I remember one a few years ago when an Alexander Central player was knocked out briefly on a crack back type hit on a punt.  The young man suffered for weeks in protocol, it was brutal.  It was ugly and totally uncalled for. The kid never saw it coming.  If I recall correctly, the player was ejected.  Ugly, very ugly !

27 minutes ago, Friday Nights in K-Town said:

Zack Dumas's hit on Stacy Danley in 1989. 

Targeting

Not targeting, Dumas put the Ridell face mask right on the sternum - legal hit on ball carrier.  Dumas' head was up and hit with as much shoulder pad as face mask - textbook hit. What made it so extreme was ball carrier not ready and tackler had read the play and timed the hit precisely. Probably just knocked the wind out of the ball carrier, would not rule out concussion due to whiplash. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ramfan75 said:

Not targeting, Dumas put the Ridell face mask right on the sternum - legal hit on ball carrier.  Dumas' head was up and hit with as much shoulder pad as face mask - textbook hit. What made it so extreme was ball carrier not ready and tackler had read the play and timed the hit precisely. Probably just knocked the wind out of the ball carrier, would not rule out concussion due to whiplash. 

If I'm Stacy Danley, I'm finding that QB once I get my faculties back and whipping that arse!! QB set him up for that one!! Dumas stood over Danley like Jack Tatum stood over Sammy White!!

Does anyone remember Eric Breitenstein Fullback out of Watagua, he was a load. I remember Page LB Nick Johnson ringing his bell on a nasty decleater that knocked Eric out of the game, he couldnt play the next game with a severe concussion

11 hours ago, Ramfan75 said:

Not a ball carrier. Defenseless receiver. In 2019 Mr. Dumas is watching the rest of this game from locker room and if it occured in the 2nd half he watched next week for the first half.

How about the hit Wilbur Marshall of the Chicago Bears put on the Detroit Lions QB Joe Ferguson in 1985. I am sure some of you remember that hit? It was legal then. In this lifetime he would have been fined and suspended.

The best hit on offense was 1990 Philadelphia Eagles Keith Byars hit on New York Giants LB Pepper Johnson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr.Blue&Gray said:

How about the hit Wilbur Marshall of the Chicago Bears put on the Detroit Lions QB Joe Ferguson in 1985. I am sure some of you remember that hit? It was legal then. In this lifetime he would have been fined and suspended.

The best hit on offense was 1990 Philadelphia Eagles Keith Byars hit on New York Giants LB Pepper Johnson.

That was nasty!! I remember that hit well!! Joe Ferguson laid there like a rag doll!! Can't recall the Keith Byars hit.

• Like 1

I got knocked out twice in one game against Owen both times I was returning a kick and the next thing I remembered was being on the sidelines with the team doctor putting ammonia or whatever they used back in 1981up my nose. we Mt Heritage won the game and it was the first time Heritage had ever beat Owen winning that game was one of the best feeling I've ever had nothing no better than going to war with your teammates and winning..

Wouldnt say it is the hardest hit Ive seen (seen too many hard hits to "widdle down to one") but one that comes to mind is when Zamir White blew up a safety for 71st back in 2017 season... poor fella got up like an accordion... he didnt play with the same "intensity" the rest of the game.

I’ve seen a lot of hard hits so it’s hard for me to say. But I remember back in 1992 when Maiden had Antoine  Ikard of Maiden who was a RB. He was built and strong but I remembered watching football Friday night I believe and they show highlights of him knocking a defensive back down of Newton Conover like it was nothing. Then after the hit he had ran in for a TD.