Sign in to follow this  
MHHS09

Mountain 6 2019

Rate this topic

Not 100% on who’s who in this conference but from everything I’m hearing Pisgah and Smoky mnt. should be the favorites everyone else loses a lot to graduation I say it goes 

1.Pisgah

2. Smoky

3. Hendersonville

4. Franklin

5. Brevard

6. East Henderson

I think Brevard can make some more noise this year, and Smoky Mountain should have their best team since the Sylva Webster days. Pisgah should be strong, but they will flop in the playoffs... they always do. Hendo will compete as usual, and Franklin might have a season similar to last years. East Henderson will likely scrub the basement, but they are on the rise.

Smoky Mountain

Hendo/Pisgah/Brevard

Franklin

East Henderson

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

I think Brevard can make some more noise this year, and Smoky Mountain should have their best team since the Sylva Webster days. Pisgah should be strong, but they will flop in the playoffs... they always do. Hendo will compete as usual, and Franklin might have a season similar to last years. East Henderson will likely scrub the basement, but they are on the rise.

Smoky Mountain

Hendo/Pisgah/Brevard

Franklin

East Henderson

2nd best team since SW days.

Pisgah is the favorite to win the MTN6 but if they stumble any little bit and Smoky can actually convert a laughably weak NC schedule into conference success they can win it. I predict the Pisgah Smoky game in Canton will be a packed house if they are both winning. Hendo and Franklin will battle for third place while Brevard and East bring up the rear.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

Smoky Mountain

Hendo/Pisgah/Brevard

Franklin

East Henderson

Yeah, Hendo, Franklin and Brevard are interchangeable imo, they all should be pretty solid.

21 hours ago, MHHS09 said:

Not 100% on who’s who in this conference but from everything I’m hearing Pisgah and Smoky mnt. should be the favorites everyone else loses a lot to graduation I say it goes 

1.Pisgah

2. Smoky

3. Hendersonville

4. Franklin

5. Brevard

6. East Henderson

I'd say the first two are correct and possibly (although I hope not) interchangeable. Then the next 3 could go in any order with East bringing up the end. 

I think it's between Pisgah and Smoky ,Brevard or Franklin then East. Pisgah has a tough non-conference schedule if they get through that with a winning record they will be ready for Smoky.Plus it's on the river.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HUK daddy said:

Smoky may have some problems on the horizon.

HUK, send me a PM about this if you would.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Paul Graham said:

HUK, send me a PM about this if you would.

Thanks

No thanks ...you can take it down if you want...I'm not interested in sending pm to you.

It does sound like Pisgah and Smoky will be the favorites.  I don't know where Hendersonville is with things, but I know Brevard lost a ton.  Franklin has some youth coming up that I think will  prove themselves as the year goes on.  I think it goes like this:

1. Pisgah
  2. Smoky
  3. Franklin
  4. Hendo
  5. Brevard
  6. East Hendo

The homer in me does say that I do think Franklin could make things interesting with #1 or #2 towards the end of the year though.

• Like 3

On 7/17/2019 at 6:43 AM, Paul Graham said:

Fine. I only take things down that are about kids, coaches, or inflammatory. 🤫🤐

14 hours ago, HUK daddy said:

Problem solved..I guess..

I’m almost afraid to ask what’s going on...

Brevard only has 4 home games this year which will be tough.  I think both lines, LB's, and our running game will be good.  Our secondary and skill players are question marks.

• Like 1

Take this with a grain of salt. Here is info on the Franklin vs Tuscola scrimmage from last night. It's from a poster on NCPreps. I have no idea how good the Mounties are. Just passing along for info.

Tuscola-franklin scrimmage, I think the final score when the two teams had starters on the field was 28-14 in Tuscola's favor. Tuscola defense needs some work badly, at times franklin moved the ball at will and consistently pushed our line around, they ran out of plays in the early part when I assume they only had a specific number of plays for each team or else they would have scored. The Mountaineers were okay on offense, they scored on two long bang plays, one was a nice run up the middle and the other was a busted QB run around the right side, and I think the others were sustained drives. The QB is going to be good, he is tall, athletic, and will outrun almost anyone on the field, he is good with the short passing game but seems to be inaccurate on deep balls. Number 22 at RB is also really good and quick but tuscola is thin at RB after him, he seems to have a motor that goes 120 all the time. Our line got pushed around a lot by franklin so the QB had almost no time to throw the ball unless it was a rollout. I think the glaring weakness on each side of the ball is the line play, it has got to improve.

Franklin is going to be fine, they have a couple of big RBs, 28 and 35, that will run over anyone especially 28 who also wreaked havoc at linebacker. They have a nice short passing game, but they rarely threw deep it seemed, although I believe he threw one interception on a high thrown ball. The Franklin defense is good as well, there line destroyed ours most of the evening, they aren't big but those kids are so physical and nasty up front. That's my takeaway from the scrimmage, but maybe someone seen things differently.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BiltmoreCANE said:

Take this with a grain of salt. Here is info on the Franklin vs Tuscola scrimmage from last night. It's from a poster on NCPreps. I have no idea how good the Mounties are. Just passing along for info.

Tuscola-franklin scrimmage, I think the final score when the two teams had starters on the field was 28-14 in Tuscola's favor. Tuscola defense needs some work badly, at times franklin moved the ball at will and consistently pushed our line around, they ran out of plays in the early part when I assume they only had a specific number of plays for each team or else they would have scored. The Mountaineers were okay on offense, they scored on two long bang plays, one was a nice run up the middle and the other was a busted QB run around the right side, and I think the others were sustained drives. The QB is going to be good, he is tall, athletic, and will outrun almost anyone on the field, he is good with the short passing game but seems to be inaccurate on deep balls. Number 22 at RB is also really good and quick but tuscola is thin at RB after him, he seems to have a motor that goes 120 all the time. Our line got pushed around a lot by franklin so the QB had almost no time to throw the ball unless it was a rollout. I think the glaring weakness on each side of the ball is the line play, it has got to improve.

Franklin is going to be fine, they have a couple of big RBs, 28 and 35, that will run over anyone especially 28 who also wreaked havoc at linebacker. They have a nice short passing game, but they rarely threw deep it seemed, although I believe he threw one interception on a high thrown ball. The Franklin defense is good as well, there line destroyed ours most of the evening, they aren't big but those kids are so physical and nasty up front. That's my takeaway from the scrimmage, but maybe someone seen things differently.

I was at that game and agree with most of what was said .Don't know about the score because I never pay much attention to that in a scrimmage Most coaches play a lot of players to see who is the better player at what position..All in all a pretty good scrimmage for both teams. Want be long til we have real football.

• Like 3