Sign in to follow this  
MooresvilleDevil06

HSOT set to expand...

Rate this topic

Saw it on their twitter page that HSOT is set to expand into the Charlotte area.. (assuming starting this upcoming football season)... and not expanding to the WNC (Mtns/Foothills). Found that interesting.... while they do great work for the triad area and out east (I watch their shows from time to time)..... they have little to no foothold on the Charlotte area... just don’t know how well that will go down for them in the Charlotte metro, especially initially. What do you guys think? 

6 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

They are some wake cty loyalists. I'm not sure also.

Haha that’s a fair point... forgot about that. I do think the do put together a quality highlight show though, at least the couple times I’ve watched it anyway

Strong wake cty bias. Watching that show b4 the championship game last yr u would have thought we were going 2 lose by 40pts. They were mighty Alabama n we were a div 2 school.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wrigley said:

They should hire Work7!!

I watched  them a few years back on a round table discussion, before Wake Forest punched their ticket and won the Ship. It was like watching 4 women on a cooking show talking Football.

• Haha 4

When it comes to basketball coverage, they're second to none, and I give Nick Stevens all the credit in the world for running a great show over there, he's paid his dues and deserves the respect. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaiderDebater said:

And they live-stream games with commentary. Who else is doing that?  The internet bullying at times on the forums is tired. Stay classy. 

That's awesome that they live stream games, but that was just my opinion. Maybe I'm just naïve  or uninformed. I never knew you could bully someone on a High School Football forum. I have no clue how that works  and confident HSOT could care less about my thoughts.  

33 minutes ago, work7 said:

I never knew you could bully someone on a High School Football forum  

I’ve received calls on several times from law enforcement and lawyers with cease and desist letters because of the actions and comments (which could be taken as bullying) by members of this website. 

Ultimately the buck stops with me and I’m the responsible one, but it also shows that some fans have very thin skin to be so sensitive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chris Hughes said:

I’ve received calls on several times from law enforcement and lawyers with cease and desist letters because of the actions and comments (which could be taken as bullying) by members of this website. 

Ultimately the buck stops with me and I’m the responsible one, but it also shows that some fans have very thin skin to be so sensitive. 

We have become so soft as a culture....just makes me want to throw up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wrigley said:

We have become so soft as a culture....just makes me want to throw up.

Amen. Maybe it’s the way it was just raised... idk... but I’ve always been taught to take criticism as a compliment... it only makes you better as a person. Too many times today (not just on the forums) people get butt hurt about criticisms when they could use that as a constructive tool to help improve upon themselves or points being made, etc etc.

1 hour ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Amen. Maybe it’s the way it was just raised... idk... but I’ve always been taught to take criticism as a compliment... it only makes you better as a person. Too many times today (not just on the forums) people get butt hurt about criticisms when they could use that as a constructive tool to help improve upon themselves or points being made, etc etc.

Social media can be a nasty place so I get it. How about just don't read it?? Dont police have like real issues to deal with?

• Like 2

To be fair, the most severe issues ever experienced here was a few years ago, and involved someone telling sensitive private info about a student athlete, and being very ugly towards a particular fanbase. 

Maybe bullying was too severe, but talking down on a damn good product and those that produce that product isn’t warranted. 

Charlotte is going to be amazed by the coverage that HSOT provides. 

57 minutes ago, RaiderDebater said:

Maybe bullying was too severe, but talking down on a damn good product and those that produce that product isn’t warranted. 

Charlotte is going to be amazed by the coverage that HSOT provides. 

That's just your opinion, and I made a statement about something I found hilarious. How is that talking down? They do more than round table discussions. I found it entertaining and couldn't stop laughing.. People have disagreements  about knowledge of media analyst all the time. Since when did it become unwarranted to make comments about something you found to be funny?  You can't seriously believe that because of your affection for a product, that I should feel the same way. That's not how it works, and it's not that serious. 

Please stop talking about HSOT and bullying. You guys are hurting my feelings. 

Maybe we should stop keeping score in high school games all together, after all kids are going to be upset if they don't win. Just let the kids be kids. Where in real life are people judged on performance.

5 hours ago, RaiderDebater said:

Letting kids be kids is fine.  We’re all adults in here, supposedly. 

Come on Man! I'm not interested in anyone's opinion on what equates to being an Adult. You have taken an isolated incident and blown it completely out of proportion. If HSOT does another  round table again, like i saw before, I'm going to laugh my Ass off. So consider me 12 years old. 😁

On 6/19/2019 at 4:21 PM, Chris Hughes said:

Calls from the police? Yikes people are soft...