Sign in to follow this  
coachE42

Evans to South Meck

Rate this topic

Outstanding hire. Now the first move I would make if I were him would be to contact Sam Greiner about joining his staff as the defensive coordinator. 

I truly believe that South Meck could be a big-time program with the right admin support, and Evans could be the coach to lead them there if he’s given the tools to succeed. 

• Like 1

According to 1whoknows, " Saban couldn't win there". Guess we will see.

Will be interesting to see how the asst coaching dominoes fall and how his leaving effects MP. He was a big part of their success both in coaching and strength and conditioning.  Certainly leaves a hole.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hal Brown (longtime Independence OL coach) leave with Evans for South Meck.  The South Meck job came down to Evans and Myers Park's Mark Harman, wouldn't be another huge blow to Scott Chadwick at MP if Harman got the Providence job.  

The Admin support thing at South Meck was an excuse. The same narrative was floated at Myers Park with regards to there futility until Chadwick arrived. Admin support comes from having a vision and being able to communicate that vision to get the necessary buy in and resources. Evans has experience now in good and bad situations and I think he has the formula to get that done. I think this will not only impact South Meck but surrounding private’s who have taken the good kids. Good football at your home public school with good academics is a great draw and will save them the Tuition. SM, MP & AK if they can ever figure it out could really shift the demo in South Charlotte.