ram4life

Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools

Rate this topic

So after spring ball what is the outlook for all the teams in Forsyth county? I'm sure just about every team has a representative somewhere in these forums. With the teams ranging from 1A to 4A it should be exciting. The teams are

Atkins 

Carver High

East Forsyth High

Glenn High

Mount Tabor High

North Forsyth High

Parkland High

Reagan High

Reynolds High

Walkertown High

West Forsyth High

Winston-Salem Prep Academy

North Forsyth

Since new coach, Coach Blair signed on to be the next coach at North Forsyth there has been a buzz in the air. Upon looking at the team its evident of some growth even from last year. They have a good number of kids to watch out for. Right now it's a two QB batter with Hall and Deshaun Jones. At running back they have the basketball star HIckman (Ced Hickman's kin), and Joseph Terry running the rock. Marquez Hurst at 6'4 looks like he might be a dominate figure on the outside at wide receiver. On defensive it looks like it will be lead by big lineman Jeremiah Howard at 6'4. Also Antoine Anderson looks to be good as well at linebacker. This team looks to be on the rise and should have a good season under first year head coach, Coach Blair. 

Just the move alone to 2A will greatly help North Forsyth. I’m not calling them a Top-10 kind of program, but I do see some success on the horizon this year. 

7 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

Just the move alone to 2A will greatly help North Forsyth. I’m not calling them a Top-10 kind of program, but I do see some success on the horizon this year. 

Chris, do you have any info for the Glenn Bobcats?

13 hours ago, NFball said:

North Forsyth

Since new coach, Coach Blair signed on to be the next coach at North Forsyth there has been a buzz in the air. Upon looking at the team its evident of some growth even from last year. They have a good number of kids to watch out for. Right now it's a two QB batter with Hall and Deshaun Jones. At running back they have the basketball star HIckman (Ced Hickman's kin), and Joseph Terry running the rock. Marquez Hurst at 6'4 looks like he might be a dominate figure on the outside at wide receiver. On defensive it looks like it will be lead by big lineman Jeremiah Howard at 6'4. Also Antoine Anderson looks to be good as well at linebacker. This team looks to be on the rise and should have a good season under first year head coach, Coach Blair. 

Definitely, move to 2A should improve NF chances.  Walkertown and Carver had success in the conference last season and both of them did not fare well in the MT Tabor scrimmage against NF last season.  So with that alone and with getting Dudley, SW Guilford, Parkland, EF and a few more off the schedule, should put a bunch of buzz in the air!!!

I expect Coach Blair and company to do well and have a chance for the playoffs in year 1.  Good Luck to NF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know a lot about West Forsyth going into this year but I have heard they look to be loaded again. We get them week 2... looking forward to having a new team on our schedule this year.

Parkland's JV the last two years hasn't been that good. and they lost most of their receiving core. Did they get some transfers in or did they have a lot of young talent on the varsity? I do know that the QB is a BEAST!

On 6/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

Don’t know a lot about West Forsyth going into this year but I have heard they look to be loaded again. We get them week 2... looking forward to having a new team on our schedule this year.

I believe  that this Mooresville n WF will be a game of interest for me. Could be wrong but I think this game will be closer than anticipated. 

East Forsyth and West Forsyth had a 7 on 7 this past Saturday. North Forsyth and W-S Prep have a scrimmage today. I know West Forsyth is having something at their place on Thursday. Does anyone know of others around the county?

Don't put a lot into what you see at 7 on 7's. Many kids missing for a variety of reasons. Specific missing players (especially QB) will really impact how good or bad a team will look on offense.

Personally I think it’s a joke that there are 1a and 2a schools in Forsyth County. Not to discredit the kids, coaches, or programs themselves but the city and county leaders need to do a better job. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First day in the books. So anyone know the scrimmage schedule for the area teams? Anyone team received some significant transfers? 

47 minutes ago, ram4life said:

First day in the books. So anyone know the scrimmage schedule for the area teams? Anyone team received some significant transfers? 

East Forsyth scrimmages reidsville on the 13th