Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, Trooper1989 said:

No way they gave up almost 60 ppg last year. I know they brought old school coach in. But they were bad last season. I guess we shall see in a week. 

McDowell beat them 56-6 last season...

14 hours ago, titanman27 said:

McDowell beat them 56-6 last season...

Everybody beat us to death last year. Due to lack of numbers, talent, discipline, and a few more factors. The out come will be different this year. I think we will surprise a few people. Have a depth problem again, and that's gonna be a issue with a lot of young men playing both ways. Major thing is WC is improving and getting better. I think WC will win a few games this season and maybe 1 or 2 surprise wins also. Not gonna be dominant but will at least be able to compete!

5 minutes ago, WC-Warriors said:

Everybody beat us to death last year. Due to lack of numbers, talent, discipline, and a few more factors. The out come will be different this year. I think we will surprise a few people. Have a depth problem again, and that's gonna be a issue with a lot of young men playing both ways. Major thing is WC is improving and getting better. I think WC will win a few games this season and maybe 1 or 2 surprise wins also. Not gonna be dominant but will at least be able to compete!

Glad to hear, what did you think of McDowell?

6 minutes ago, titanman27 said:

Glad to hear, what did you think of McDowell?

I didnt get to go myself cause i had to work, but i saw video of the whole scrimmage. Only issue i saw bad is they had  trouble defending speedy runners. D-line looked pretty good up front.

Alexander at maiden should be a good one tonight. It will be a indicator of AC secondary has got any better versus a good passing attack like Maiden. McDowell at Owen tonight. Freedom has Lake Norman tomorrow in Burke county jamboree at East burke. 

2 hours ago, Trooper1989 said:

Alexander at maiden should be a good one tonight. It will be a indicator of AC secondary has got any better versus a good passing attack like Maiden. McDowell at Owen tonight. Freedom has Lake Norman tomorrow in Burke county jamboree at East burke. 

https://www.morganton.com/sports/burke-co-jamboree-pushed-back-hours-order-of-scrimmages-changed/article_777521ec-bf82-11e9-ac1f-6b23c4c14292.html updated Times for Burke County Jamboree 

7 hours ago, Trooper1989 said:

Alexander at maiden should be a good one tonight. It will be a indicator of AC secondary has got any better versus a good passing attack like Maiden. 

Did anyone go to this? How did ac look?

8 minutes ago, stizz49 said:

Did anyone go to this? How did ac look?

I wasn’t at the game but according to what someone told me they look about the same other than Maiden did hurt AC on pass plays. I was told Maiden 3 AC 2. AC was about to score at the last  but lost the ball on 4th down. That both made mistakes at times and looked good at times.

I'll be shocked if WC is able to win a game this year....maybe against East Burke???

didn't they only score about 30pts all last year?

I was told they still wont field a JV team this year.

33 minutes ago, Hibriten said:

I'll be shocked if WC is able to win a game this year....maybe against East Burke???

I was told by a Player they did have a JV but idk on that ... He said they have bout 40 players on Varsity if thats Correct or not 

19 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I was told by a Player they did have a JV but idk on that ... He said they have bout 40 players on Varsity if thats Correct or not 

and they might, I'm certainly not stating it as fact. This was from a student who is a basketball player, as usual, teenagers are typically wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hibriten said:

Also if anyone that is up near West can show them this post. I think those young men need to see what people are saying about them. I am near Charoltte or I would. Go Warriors 

On 8/15/2019 at 10:14 PM, Vik-Val 86 said:

I wasn’t at the game but according to what someone told me they look about the same other than Maiden did hurt AC on pass plays. I was told Maiden 3 AC 2. AC was about to score at the last  but lost the ball on 4th down. That both made mistakes at times and looked good at times.

Cougars did not look very good at all.  Spoke with coach Carter today, he says they had no legs and said he might have worked them a bit too much.  Still some issues in pass protection and pass coverage.  Better get them ironed out or it might not be pretty at Hibriten.  Still a very talented team but they've been no more than mediocre in two scrimmages. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Schmo said:

Cougars did not look very good at all.  Spoke with coach Carter today, he says they had no legs and said he might have worked them a bit too much.  Still some issues in pass protection and pass coverage.  Better get them ironed out or it might not be pretty at Hibriten.  Still a very talented team but they've been no more than mediocre in two scrimmages. 

I can promise one thing Butch Carter will have his team ready for this matchup. That switch flips when the lights come on and it counts. 

13 hours ago, Trooper1989 said:

I can promise one thing Butch Carter will have his team ready for this matchup. That switch flips when the lights come on and it counts. 

I think the Cougars will be ready too, but they still have a few issues to address this week. 

WC has low numbers again this year for varsity, and it dont take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Gonna be another tough season with a lot of kids playing both ways. Nowhere near 40 for the varsity team. Do have a jv team this year.

21 hours ago, WC-Warriors said:

WC has low numbers again this year for varsity, and it dont take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Gonna be another tough season with a lot of kids playing both ways. Nowhere near 40 for the varsity team. Do have a jv team this year.

you think Coach is keeping the numbers down on Varsity to ensure there is a JV team? Would make better sense to have JV and allow kids to develop vs getting pounded at the Varsity level.

8 hours ago, Hibriten said:

you think Coach is keeping the numbers down on Varsity to ensure there is a JV team? Would make better sense to have JV and allow kids to develop vs getting pounded at the Varsity level.

The coach🤣 

I hope AC pounds yall friday! 😮

• Haha 1

Will now I know Hibriten controls caldwell co high school football. I am in Charlotte and am hearing that Crap all the way down here. I don't understand how parents can undermind their integrity to say my kid lives here but doesnt. I guess it is what it is but winning by lying I dont want that more power to them. But I want to call it like it is. I hope they get beat every Friday night. I use to pull for all teams in Caldwell co. But now I hope Hibriten losses every game until they call it what it is. If a kid should not be there then call it what it is cheating. Or make it open for the whole county play where you want.   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HHS2003BEAM said:

Don't have a dumpster fire program and you won't have to worry about anyone transferring.

Cheating is cheating no integrity plain and simple bud. I don't have a dog in the fight now my kids grown but it teaches cheating. I'm old enough to call it what it is. People only care about winning same thing down here just never thought my old county would be that way. Hibriten is being called the Charottle Catholics of the moutains down here.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Come on dude! Cheaters? Kids all over Caldwell Cty go to the school with best program to play a particular sport! HHS lost a starter to SC baseball this year and 2 kids just transferred to WC to play Basketball. Just last week! What comes around goes around! Many years ago West was dominant in football(guess completely on up and up though) then the tide changed and West fans can’t stand it! Trust me it will change back and HHS will drop back to mediocrity again. I can name players for both teams who went to play where it best suited them! Football, basketball and baseball! You produce a valid address you can transfer. If a stud football player that lives in Lower Creek goes to West is Coach Bigg gonna tell him to go back to Lenoir? You think Billy is gonna turn down the kid that just transferred to West for basketball? He is a freshman who in all likelihood will play Varsity this year! 

6 hours ago, DEER0526 said:

Come on dude! Cheaters? Kids all over Caldwell Cty go to the school with best program to play a particular sport! HHS lost a starter to SC baseball this year and 2 kids just transferred to WC to play Basketball. Just last week! What comes around goes around! Many years ago West was dominant in football(guess completely on up and up though) then the tide changed and West fans can’t stand it! Trust me it will change back and HHS will drop back to mediocrity again. I can name players for both teams who went to play where it best suited them! Football, basketball and baseball! You produce a valid address you can transfer. If a stud football player that lives in Lower Creek goes to West is Coach Bigg gonna tell him to go back to Lenoir? You think Billy is gonna turn down the kid that just transferred to West for basketball? He is a freshman who in all likelihood will play Varsity this year! 

I sure hope they do like I said I am tried of seeing it everwhere not just caldwell co and yes I call it cheating. Dont care if West or hibriten. Like I said I am old enough to call it what it is. Dont like it down here either and it is bad down here.  

Warriorfan I agree with you totally. I dont live in Caldwell co. I live in Catawba and my son plays on a let me say not a very good football team here. I have been approached many times for two years now from some parents saying I need to transfer him. I cant do it cause I want to show my son its not all about winning.  I know that it goes on and it is a shame for it to. you are fighting a fight that just you cant win.  I wish more parents had the same feeling about transfers as you and I but that will never change bud.  Winning means more to some then being honest. To my son cause I know you will read this listen I know its hard to play your best when things are not perfect but remember my job is to help you grow into a strong man and face adversity and not run just to win.    just my thoughts     

• Thanks 1

It’s a two way street. Why commit to a program that doesn’t commit to itself; IE. Hiring the best staff and coaches possible, community support, etc. in those circumstances, I don’t blame a kid for transferring whatsoever. 

• Like 1

Gamewells Middle school is terrible. West Caldwell hasn't had a coach stay over 3 years since Styron. Fix your program and kids wont leave otherwise you can just whine about it and act like your doing the right thing.

• Like 1

well dang, I ask a legit question and the crybaby warriors come out in full force.

For the last 10 to 15 years the commitment at WC has been to the Basketball program and as the saying goes, you reap what you sow. I wish every sport at every school was treated equally when it comes to commitment from administration/coaches/boosters. It's not and it's sad.

That being said, I'll never lose sleep over HHS beating West Caldwell's ass in anything from Football to Chess to quiz bowl. That's how a rivalry works.

• Like 1

In the HHS-WC rivalry, WC has plenty of athletes, always has always will! You have to commit to the sport. Parents, kids, coaches, community and SCHOOL! Basketball rules at WC!!! HHS wins more than they lose in basketball, but everyone knows commitment is to FOOTBALL.....In last few years basketball has fell on hard times but that will change! It takes commitment and until that happens you can get every player in the area and you still won’t win! So as a HHS fan I love winning and I’m riding this as long as I can! Go Panthers!!!!

dude if you drive 5 miles east of West caldwell, you are in Hibritens District. I mean, let's at least have some awareness of geography and school district lines before we spout off nonsense. West Caldwell (the school) is approximately 3.5 miles from the Hibriten District.

3 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

Again the Charlotte Catholic of the mountains. Us old timers bring out the truth down here and at our hometown. 

But you want to conveniently ignore what went on at WC in the 80s and 90s?? LOL There's a reason you are known as the WarTards on the other board. Now i know why.