Here are my predictions:

1.  Hibriten 

2.  Patton

3.  Bunker Hill

4. West Iredell 

5. Draughn

6.  East Burke

7.  West Caldwell  8. Fred T Foard

Anyone in the know about West Caldwells line. I just heard from someone who said they know that West's line has some size all the way across this year. I am a West fan but live near Charlotte so I am just looking for some info.   Thanks guys 

1 hour ago, Warriorfan said:

Anyone in the know about West Caldwells line. I just heard from someone who said they know that West's line has some size all the way across this year. I am a West fan but live near Charlotte so I am just looking for some info.   Thanks guys 

I know West Caldwell has a very good offensive linemen last year who graduated, he is playing at WCU next year I believe

3 hours ago, GridIronFan said:

I think Bunker Hill will be better this year also. They had speed last year for sure!!

I heard Bunker Hill will be fast, hopefully they can put it together this year and have a good year. I just want to see a competitive conference 

Line play shouldn't be an issue. Skills position is always loaded. As I stated earlier West Iredell should beat anyone not name Hibriten in this conference 

Last year i expected more out of west iredell,, they had what looked like talent all over the field.  Also a very good running back.  Just seemed to not play as a team? maybe?  They do however play no organized defense.

I know this can’t happen with Hibriten being 2A but they would fit better being in the conference that Watauga and Freedom is in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HIBRITEN92 said:

Last year i expected more out of west iredell,, they had what looked like talent all over the field.  Also a very good running back.  Just seemed to not play as a team? maybe?  They do however play no organized defense.

you are right West Iredell has had the talent for the last two years!!

4 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I know this can’t happen with Hibriten being 2A but they would fit better being in the conference that Watauga and Freedom is in. 

I think they might have the numbers to move back up to 3A next time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burnstweeter said:

I think they might have the numbers to move back up to 3A next time

They won’t.  Should be in 900’s

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Lincolnton Wolves 1981 said:

This conference is weak. 

Hibriten will win the league. 

I think West Iredell, Patton, Bunker Hill and Draughn will battle for 2nd place .  

With West Caldwell , East Burke and Fred T Foard fighting out the last three spots.  

From playing every team last year I truly believe It will be 

Hibriten 

west iredell

patton

BH

EB

Draughn

WC

6 hours ago, HHS#1 said:

From playing every team last year I truly believe It will be 

Hibriten 

west iredell

patton

BH

EB

Draughn

WC

East Burke might be a better Team also! should be a interesting year in that conference!!

Doesn’t matter. There is Hibriten and a bunch of bad programs. This conference is a candidate for the worse conference in North Carolina. If they weren’t playing each other they would not win many games. Football in this area is as weak as any I have ever seen in many decades anywhere.

I will add someone should have picked up Coach Minor in this area as a head coach. Here was an opportunity to change the culture of your program.

• Like 1

West Iredell will have a special year. Right now I got them #2 but they are LOADED. They'll give Hibriten a game based on talent alone. Again no way they lose more than 3-4 games this year. I see them losing to Hibriten and Statesville. But talent alone they should dominate everyone 

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, HHS#1 said:

They won’t.  Should be in 900’s

900 kids might be 3A next time around if the NCHSAA goes to the 5A system they’ve talked about.  If 1A and 5A are both 12.5 percent of all schools and 2A, 3A and 4A are 25 percent each then 3A could be between 900 and 1300 students.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, El Campion said:

West Iredell will have a special year. Right now I got them #2 but they are LOADED. They'll give Hibriten a game based on talent alone. Again no way they lose more than 3-4 games this year. I see them losing to Hibriten and Statesville. But talent alone they should dominate everyone 

Same story year in and year out down there, they had tremendous talent last year and dominated no one. Its good to see them making playoffs lately, but they'd better learn to play defense,  true talent can play on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HIBRITEN92 said:

Same story year in and year out down there, they had tremendous talent last year and dominated no one. Its good to see them making playoffs lately, but they'd better learn to play defense,  true talent can play on both sides of the ball.

West Iredell had the talent last year can't believe they didn't do better!!Maybe this will be the year they come of age!!

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, GDG said:

Doesn’t matter. There is Hibriten and a bunch of bad programs. This conference is a candidate for the worse conference in North Carolina. If they weren’t playing each other they would not win many games. Football in this area is as weak as any I have ever seen in many decades anywhere.

I will add someone should have picked up Coach Minor in this area as a head coach. Here was an opportunity to change the culture of your program.

Looking at the roster for Foard they have skill people still there with  a good running back but seen on another site that they are going to the 60/40 passing game with a  new QB and no lineman that will be interesting to see!! you are right GDG Hibriten will rule again!!!

I think everyone is right in saying the conference is weak, but Patton and Foard have won a handful of games the last 3-4 years in playoffs! 

On 6/21/2019 at 8:04 AM, GDG said:

Other threads say he turned down two Head Coach positions.  Either of these area jobs?

11 hours ago, South Fork fan said:

Any news on Minor?   BTW a Draughn fan told me they graduated 14 players last season.  How many players did Hibriten graduate ?    

Word is Minor did not want to move again for a coaching job!! He might just sit out a year!!

When I look back over the years and think about a really bad football conferences This has to be the worst league in the state. It’s a well coached Hibriten and the athletes from west Iredell vs a bunch of JV call ups lol. 

Predictions

1) Hibriten 

2) west Iredell 

3)Foard 

4) Patton 

5)Draughn 

6) EB

7A Bunker Hill

7B West Caldwell 

Athletically speaking, and having seen West Iredell and Hibriten on numerous occasions, I’ve always thought Hibriten to be more athletic. West Iredell has the talent and athletes to match up though, that much is certain. 

Trooper I agree this is a bad conference.   I see Hibriten, West Iredell, Patton and Bunker Hill in the top four spots with the rest fighting for fifth place. 

Draughn has a good QB but nothing offensively to help.  They graduated a bunch of kids.   

Foard has the big running back but I think there JV and Middle school team lost every game.   

Idk much about West Caldwell. 

EB struggled last season.  

I went up to see Hibriten Sat and for the first time in a few years I saw a team that I feel could have trouble this year. I believe AC and Hickory will give them fits. I don't know but the athletes they did have are not there now. Maybe they will get better but its not the same as before. 

45 minutes ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

Anybody know how any of these teams did in scrimmages yesterday?

RS central (who struggled last year and lost players to transfer) handled Draughn 28-7 or so....not a good sign for them

Patton is reportedly going mainly to the Power I this year due to a lack of speed.  They have some size and are counting on that to bull their way to success.  It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the season.

I think West Caldwell could be improved but who knows but time will tell 

I personally dont agree with the Prediction of the standing in the paper  with West Iredell n Foard finishing top 4 , bc i have heard West Iredell has not look good thus far in the off season ; I dont know much bout Bunker Hill and all but I think It will still be Hibriten then a BIG GAP n i think everyone else is fighting for 2nd 

15 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I think West Caldwell could be improved but who knows but time will tell 

I personally dont agree with the Prediction of the standing in the paper  with West Iredell n Foard finishing top 4 , bc i have heard West Iredell has not look good thus far in the off season ; I dont know much bout Bunker Hill and all but I think It will still be Hibriten then a BIG GAP n i think everyone else is fighting for 2nd 

I think East Burke could be better than Draughn and maybe compete with Patton and some of the other teams not named Hibriten. 

• Like 1

Hey guys which Hibriten you talking about ? It can't be the one in lenoir. That team looked awful Sat. Are they holding out their best players or is there another Hibriten ? Just one player on Crest Sat blow them up.