Sign in to follow this  

Rate this topic

I look for West Iredell and Bunker to Battle it out for 2nd. Thats just from having semi successful jv teams. It is going to be a coin flip every night in this league minus playing Hibriten. This is quite honestly the most bottom heavy football conference in existence. Hate Foard lost Minor, he was very successful there in the recent years.

Foard had at least one (I believe twice) in the passed two years and patton did this year. Any team that gets to 500 gets a bid usually. With such a weak conference, Hibriten, Foard and Patton have received bids recently. 

1 hour ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

Does west Caldwell really have the talent to go from winless to conference contenders in that short of a span? They must be very young then. I know they had to fold their JV team last year, will they have enough to have a JV team this year?

My thoughts, but I do see them more able to compete in this conference. I think everyone will be down this year. This is really a 6 team chase for 2nd.

West Iredell should easily beat everyone not name Hibriten in this conference. They have alot of speed coming up.  Lots of gifted athletes, just very young but they should finish the year with 8-9 wins next year 

4 hours ago, El Campion said:

West Iredell should easily beat everyone not name Hibriten in this conference. They have alot of speed coming up.  Lots of gifted athletes, just very young but they should finish the year with 8-9 wins next year 

West Iredell should have a good team for sure!!They should have won more games last year!!Bunker Hill is getting better also!!

8 hours ago, El Campion said:

I cant buy into it bc i have had WI winning 8-9 game past few season n they have Un-Achieved  and also last yr was not a good year last yr as they were in many of their games but lost it at half or late in the game ....CONSISTENCY MUST TAKE PLAY BEFORE they can do 8-9 win season! also they have work on their defense, Total they have given up 1,518 under their current HC and only scored 852 

Noticed I said "should". West Iredell has greatly underperformed in the last 3-4 years. They have athletes, they have skill and decent size. There's no reason they shouldn't be a 2nd-3rd round team annually 

Guys don't sleep on this West Caldwell team yes they are young but remember those players that are coming back got a lot of experience last year playing Varsity. So a lot has to be said for a team that has experience plus one Hell of a new,coach. Will they contend maybe not but they will be no push over this year.  I can't wait to get back to my hometown and see this team. I have heard so good things about them already.   Go Warriors 

Lets be honest though. Biggerstaff will only be there for 3 or so years. They will contend in this conference but probably wouldnt in any other in the 2a. Realignment is coming, and this is the first conference that needs to go.

To be honest lets not forget just a couple of years ago this West Caldwell won their conference. So maybe this was just the shot in the arm this school needs to get back to it way it was in the 80s. I sure hope so for those young men there.

It has been almost a decade since West Iredell has beaten a quality opponent. Matter of fact they haven't come close to competing with a quality opponent since Sayer Robinson was QB. I will say West Iredell will finish 6-5 at best.

they'll be lucky to score a total of 21 pts all year. Coach Biggerstaff isn't Jesus he can't work miracles as much as you'd like for him to.

1 hour ago, Warriorfan said:

To be honest lets not forget just a couple of years ago this West Caldwell won their conference. So maybe this was just the shot in the arm this school needs to get back to it way it was in the 80s. I sure hope so for those young men there.

I have always enjoyed following West Caldwell football for years. I would like to see them returning to their old winning ways they had in the 80s under Mike Biggerstaff. The best West Caldwell team in my opinion was 1987.

13 hours ago, Hibriten said:

they'll be lucky to score a total of 21 pts all year. Coach Biggerstaff isn't Jesus he can't work miracles as much as you'd like for him to.

Hey everyone who is a West Caldwell fan please remember this post and if anyone can show those young men at West this post I would be thankful. Those young men could use some motivation and some fire and maybe seeing that people don't think to much about them will push them harder. Go Warriors and give'em Hell young men.

16 minutes ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

This is my prediction: 

1. Hibriten

2. West Iredell

3. Patton

4.Bunker Hill

5. Foard

6. East Burke

7. West Caldwell

8. Draughn

Agree or disagree?

That's sounds about right!!

Draughn can very well be a surprise this year.  New coach starting his 2nd year has totally changed the culture and off season commitment from the players.  Do not take them for granted.

West Caldwell will be focused on gaining some stability, not wins, but the could win 3 games in this conference.  Anyone can win 3 games.  Getting a solid turnout of players and an injury free season to build upon will be a win in itself for the Warriors.  Wishing them luck this year, those players do have the hearts of a lion.

I would be surprised to see much change at EB.  I think it will take a coaching and culture change to resurrect the Cavs to past glory.  It is truely sad to see the Wild Bunch struggles continue.

Gotta remember the two worse teams I have ever witnessed playing football last year where West Caldwell and East Burke.  With that being said East Burke blew them out.  Last coach at West was a good one.   When your middle school team hasn’t won a game in 4 years and you don’t win a game last year nor have a Jv team... I’ll stop now. 

9 hours ago, HHS#1 said:

Gotta remember the two worse teams I have ever witnessed playing football last year where West Caldwell and East Burke.  With that being said East Burke blew them out.  Last coach at West was a good one.   When your middle school team hasn’t won a game in 4 years and you don’t win a game last year nor have a Jv team... I’ll stop now. 

I didn’t realize West Caldwell’s middle school had been so bad. I thought they had some young talent by the way some people had been talking

2 hours ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

I didn’t realize West Caldwell’s middle school had been so bad. I thought they had some young talent by the way some people had been talking

I had heard the same thing they had some talent coming up!!

On 6/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, GridIronFan said:

I had heard the same thing they had some talent coming up!!

They have some very good freshmen they played last year and will be even, better this year. Will just have to see how they do. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 9:08 AM, Catawba Valley Football said:

They do for basketball.  

How will Fred T. Foard be? I know that they lost a lot of seniors and I had heard that their JVs struggled some. Apparently they have a good running back returning, do they have any chance of being as good as they have the past few seasons? They had been one of the better teams in the conference I think

5 hours ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

How will Fred T. Foard be? I know that they lost a lot of seniors and I had heard that their JVs struggled some. Apparently they have a good running back returning, do they have any chance of being as good as they have the past few seasons? They had been one of the better teams in the conference I think

JV was awful.  Only JV teams that where good was Hibriten , West Iredell and Bunker Hill.  After that it was pitiful.  

7 hours ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

As much as i want foard to be good, With Coach Minor gone, i feel like some will leave the program and also I think they will barely win 2-4 games this season. I think they can have some success but depend on what back but I hear they are going back to a Pass heavy offense which i dont think fit the Foard program  

4 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

As much as i want foard to be good, With Coach Minor gone, i feel like some will leave the program and also I think they will barely win 2-4 games this season. I think they can have some success but depend on what back but I hear they are going back to a Pass heavy offense which i dont think fit the Foard program  

Hard to believe you would go away from what made them a back to back playoff team!!That will help west Caldwell  East Burke and other teams if that happens.The running back they have had a great year and looks like most of the  line were seniors and QB gone!!we might take a step back up here at Patton this year for sure!!Could be new teams near the top in that conference for sure.

1 hour ago, GridIronFan said:

Hard to believe you would go away from what made them a back to back playoff team!!That will help west Caldwell  East Burke and other teams if that happens.The running back they have had a great year and looks like most of the  line were seniors and QB gone!!we might take a step back up here at Patton this year for sure!!Could be new teams near the top in that conference for sure.

So you think Patton is down too? They have been good in this conference too

39 minutes ago, Catawba Valley Football said:

So you think Patton is down too? They have been good in this conference too

They might be younger this year! We will see.

7 hours ago, GridIronFan said:

I’m just going what I heard idk if it true but if they go more passing then running it will be a issue