Sign in to follow this  
MHHS09

Mountain Heritage Schedule

Rate this topic

Max preps has us playing Brevard, Erwin, and Hendersonville again in addition to Pisgah and Stuart Cramer. If that’s final then Heritage has got their work cut out for them this year. Brevard who almost beat Reidsville in the regionals last year, Pisgah who’s got something to prove after winning the mountain 6 then losing in the first round of the playoffs, Erwin and Hendersonville who’s speed and athleticism  always gives us problems, and then Stuart Cramer who is a pretty average team in their conference but plays in one of the toughest conferences in the state and will likely be one of the more talented teams we see in 2019. I haven’t talked to anyone to tell me otherwise so this might not be finalized, but damn we could be in for one hell of a year lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MHHS09 said:

Pisgah who’s got something to prove after winning the mountain 6 then losing in the first round of the playoffs

I'll be there for that one for sure.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PHS Bear said:

I'll be there for that one for sure.

The game is supposed to be in Canton I have a feeling it could be game of the year in the mountains, my 40 would be dumb to not televise it

• Like 1

Yep. I have been waiting for this one for a while. Not sure if the teams will scrimmage as usual. Our JV was the real deal last year. Not that that means it'll all gel for the varsity team. But I hope so. I hope MH brings a big crowd.

I’ll be there and be sure to tell everyone I know lol, are fans travel pretty well, I’d say back in 08-10 we traveled a little  better but back then no one had any random spells of anxiety or laziness lol 

4 minutes ago, kms51 said:

I think we will get another mh vs reidsville game 

I hope so, the last two have exceeded my expectations. maybe with a little luck you guys will come visit us in the mountains!

5 minutes ago, MHHS09 said:

I hope so, the last two have exceeded my expectations. maybe with a little luck you guys will come visit us in the mountains!

It’s crazy we’ve played the past 3 years. My prediction is that will come down to who has the higher max prep ranking

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kms51 said:

It’s crazy we’ve played the past 3 years. My prediction is that will come down to who has the higher max prep ranking

I’d say we’d have to go undefeated and Reidsville would have to lose at least one game in order for that to happen and honestly that’s probably a long shot.

Interesting that Heritage picked up Stuart Cramer. They are the new kid on the block in our area but are prime for a breakout season, as you highlighted they play in arguably the toughest conference in the state. 

• Like 1

Heritage and Pisgah have really stepped up to the plate and scheduled real non-conference games. These two teams understand that playing games like this puts them playoff ready when the conference schedule starts and prepares them for what they will see come Nov. and Dec. This very well could be the game of the year in the mountains. Adding Struart Cramer shows the state they are serious about joining the ranks of the 2A elite.

I fully expect to see Heritage at least in the 3rd round if not the Regional finals.

• Like 1

Mountain Heritage impressed me when I saw them against Reidsville.  They execute well & play good physical football. I’ll say this though... they need to do something about their kicking game or should I say lack thereof. There has got to be somebody in the school that can kick a football. I don’t care if you have to try out every member of the girls soccer team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

thank you!!! kickers are a weapon very often underutilized. I also think Coach Robinson should line up every single kid in that HS and make them kick. He would have played in a state final if he had had a kicker.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Paul Graham said:

thank you!!! kickers are a weapon very often underutilized. I also think Coach Robinson should line up every single kid in that HS and make them kick. He would have played in a state final if he had had a kicker.

As a coach I would start with sixth graders in my middle school feeder and follow the soccer kids.  A kicker that put the Ball in the end zone or get a decent high shot off the tee and hit thirty five yard and shorter FGs consistently is both a defensive and offensive weapon.  Add a punter that can flip the field and / or pin the ball and it completely changes the game.  Highly recommend to ensure there are two players that can long snap with velocity and accuracy.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2019 at 10:37 AM, ConnerP said:

Mountain Heritage impressed me when I saw them against Reidsville.  They execute well & play good physical football. I’ll say this though... they need to do something about their kicking game or should I say lack thereof. There has got to be somebody in the school that can kick a football. I don’t care if you have to try out every member of the girls soccer team. 

Been saying this for years now

2 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

Glad others are confirming my observation. I had a player tell me that it is largely ignored.

Now consider that I had  a couple of coaches of a well respected program tell me the following about their biggest rivals Kicker...    ”That Kicker should have been conference player of the year last year in my book.”                                                                                         “That kid... wow. What a weapon. They get to the 40 and they are getting 3.”                                                                                                  “Gonna start at the 20 every time. Makes it tough.”

Granted, this is talking about a high school kid with a NFL leg but special teams is an important phase of the game. It needs to at least be competent when you come up against a good team.

• Like 1

The Bears non-conference games will be tough. Murphy, Mountain Heritage, East Rutheford, and the big rivalry game Tuscola.Don't see a given in the Mountain six either .East should be better than last year.I do understand Pisgah is still looking for an eleventh game. Looking forward to some really good close games.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pisgah Bears said:

The Bears non-conference games will be tough. Murphy, Mountain Heritage, East Rutheford, and the big rivalry game Tuscola.Don't see a given in the Mountain six either .East should be better than last year.I do understand Pisgah is still looking for an eleventh game. Looking forward to some really good close games.

I believe Shelby is looking for a week 3 game. That would be a matchup that benefits both teams. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

I believe Shelby is looking for a week 3 game. That would be a matchup that benefits both teams. 

I may be wrong but I don’t think Pisgah has an opening in week 3, Heritage does however... Jk as much as I’d like to see a Heritage-Shelby game I don’t think it’s going to happen this year our coaches have already had talks and I guess we thought our schedule was tough enough, I would like to see us put Robbinsville on the schedule though, not saying that will be an easy game by any stretch but a potential w would go a long way in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I wish Pisgah and Heritage would pick up games with out of state teams. Perhaps Sevier County, Tenn, or a team from around Newport.  Easley, Walhalla, or Pickens SC, Rabun, Stephens or Habersham County, Ga. It would give them a good game and stir up some interest in interstate games. A fresh look can be a good thing on occasion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

I wish Pisgah and Heritage would pick up games with out of state teams. Perhaps Sevier County, Tenn, or a team from around Newport.  Easley, Walhalla, or Pickens SC, Rabun, Stephens or Habersham County, Ga. It would give them a good game and stir up some interest in interstate games. A fresh look can be a good thing on occasion.

We had a series with Davey Crockett a few years back, apparently they have improved since the last time we played I think their record was 12-1 or 11-2 last year.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, El Campion said:

Probably be best if you call Robbinsville

Heritage holds their own against Reidsville, I think they can hang with Shelby, though, it would be a great game.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

We played Greeneville Tenn last two years. Scrimmage Pickens.again this year.A lot of this trying to find games could have easily been avoided if we had kept the split conference like before.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pisgah Bears said:

We played Greeneville Tenn last two years. Scrimmage Pickens.again this year.A lot of this trying to find games could have easily been avoided if we had kept the split conference like before.

Yeah having more non conference games than conference games is a load of crap, I’m voting for the Mountain 12 next realignment lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kms51 said:

I think mt heritage and Shelby game should happen 

Not quite sure but perhaps one of the reasons Heritage didn’t agree to play Shelby is because Shelby didn’t want to come up the mountain ;)

8 minutes ago, MHHS09 said:

Not quite sure but perhaps one of the reasons Heritage didn’t agree to play Shelby is because Shelby didn’t want to come up the mountain ;)

I think there is more money to be made going down the mountain.

3 hours ago, btango said:

I think there is more money to be made going down the mountain.

Well I don’t know how much they were planing on cutting us in on but I would figure Heritage would get more from their home gate,  I don’t know about down there but up here that game would draw everyone and their brother.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, Pisgah Bears said:

I was at the Greeneville game last season. Pisgah isn't afraid to play better teams, that's for sure

The MTN6 should have included Owen, Heritage and Madison. I know that breaks up the WHC but it creates a stronger 2A conference. The 1A teams could have worked with the SMC to make two 1A conferences.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paul Graham said:

The MTN6 should have included Owen, Heritage and Madison. I know that breaks up the WHC but it creates a stronger 2A conference. The 1A teams could have worked with the SMC to make two 1A conferences.

While it would be a great 2a conference, travel for Avery and Mitchell to join any 1a conference would be a nightmare. Those Monday and Tuesday night trips to Andrews or Allegheny for a volleyball game would be murder on the kids over a season. I agree with you it would be nice not to have the split conference but logistically for a couple of teams it is next to impossible. Sooner or later it is coming though. Will be interesting 8f the state goes to 5 classifications to see how it shakes out.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MHHS09 said:

Well I don’t know how much they were planing on cutting us in on but I would figure Heritage would get more from their home gate,  I don’t know about down there but up here that game would draw everyone and their brother.

May be but Shelby usually packs it pretty well for that type of game.  In a non conference setup like this I am sure the visitor could negotiate a nice payout.  I have seen guarantees and then additional money as the ticket sales hit certain numbers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

As I have been reminded every realignment, conferences are not determined based on football.  “If schools wanted the realignment to be based on football they had the option but did not want two separate structures.”  That is not verbatim but a close quote from a former director to me.  He felt two different alignments, one football and one all other sports, was potentially the best option.  If football wanted six classes and the non sports four it could have been implemented.  He was surprised the schools showed almost zero interest.

Football scheduling with limited school night games and road trips every other season offer some flexibility that the other sports do not.  Sending students on a two hour drive home after a winter Tuesday night basketball game can get a bit dicey in many parts of the state.

• Like 4

I think we tend to overlook the other sports when we a talk about scheduling. I am in favor of football being its own deal.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wncbowhunter said:

While it would be a great 2a conference, travel for Avery and Mitchell to join any 1a conference would be a nightmare. Those Monday and Tuesday night trips to Andrews or Allegheny for a volleyball game would be murder on the kids over a season. I agree with you it would be nice not to have the split conference but logistically for a couple of teams it is next to impossible. Sooner or later it is coming though. Will be interesting 8f the state goes to 5 classifications to see how it shakes out.

It’s only 69 miles from Avery to Allegheny. Not much worse then going to Owen,Madison,or Polk.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 12:05 PM, Pisgah Bears said:

Btw why aren’t you guys playing Polk again this year, looks like you both have openings on September 13th and that would put both teams at 11 games.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:49 PM, MHHS09 said:

Btw why aren’t you guys playing Polk again this year, looks like you both have openings on September 13th and that would put both teams at 11 games.

Good point. My understanding was that with two 6 team conferences, MTN 6 and WHC, filling up the non conference schedule should have been easy. It sure didn't work out that way. It would have been less travel and maybe a better gate than playing teams from out of state. Bloating the WMAC did not help schedule non conference games either.

• Like 2