Sign in to follow this  
TheA-Train2012

Could these 1A Schools be sleepers

Elkin defiantly could. Alot of promise out of the rising JR class. Also Alleghany could make some noise because they return a large number of kids from last years team that caught on at the end of last season.  

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:44 AM, radioguy16 said:

Elkin defiantly could. A lot of promise out of the rising JR class. Also, Alleghany could make some noise because they return a large number of kids from last years team that caught on at the end of last season.  

We will see early, Elkin plays Mount Airy Sept. 9th and  Alleghany plays Mount Airy the following week Sept. 13th. 

14 hours ago, TD-FridayNight said:

We will see early, Elkin plays Mount Airy Sept. 9th and  Alleghany plays Mount Airy the following week Sept. 13th. 

If you had to pick one now, Which team do you feel will give you the better game? Elkin or Alleghany?

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, Chris Hughes said:

I’d add Hobbton to the list. 

Hey, Mr. Hughes why is everyone dismissing Holmes as a sleeper with their star RB's coming back whom led the state in rushing and TD's plus I think Holmes was the youngest team in their conference last season with only ten seniors on their roster and most of them didn't start?

2 hours ago, The Herd said:

Hey, Mr. Hughes why is everyone dismissing Holmes as a sleeper with their star RB's coming back whom led the state in rushing and TD's plus I think Holmes was the youngest team in their conference last season with only ten seniors on their roster and most of them didn't start?

It sounds like they are an expected contender not a sleeper.

• Like 1

I would love to see Chatham Central become a substantial program. For several years they would have FB, then the next year not have FB, then the next year have FB, etc. They seem to have gotten their numbers up the last couple of years. Do they have a JV program? Are their kids able to lift each semester in a class. To me this is a biggie because in small schools most of their kids play 3 sports and do not have time to stay after school to lift. The class provides them a way to get bigger, faster and stronger for all their sports which makes them better athletes.

11 hours ago, The Herd said:

You can't be a sleeper when your a serious contender.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:37 AM, radioguy16 said:

If you had to pick one now, Which team do you feel will give you the better game? Elkin or Alleghany?

As of the information I see now and it being senior night at Alleghany, I give Alleghany the edge over Elkin. Elkin shows no roster yet and Alleghany is only showing 15 so far. Only going on the rising juniors from last year. Mount Airy wins both games... Mount Airy lost several to graduations but they will step up and surprise everyone !