Sign in to follow this  
smashmouth5

Playoff scores

U.W. Harrie Charter Eagles 8

North Moore Mus Tangs 1

*Uwharrie setting up to play North Stanly again next Tuesday. I think they will  get them this time.  

North Stokes Vikings 9

Chatham Academy Knights 5

Providence Groves Patriots 8

Jordan Matthews Jets 0

Marvin Ridge 5 Crest 2

MR did a great job getting Mayhue deep into the count.

Great year for the Chargers and congrats to Marvin Ridge.

9 hours ago, LarryRandolph said:

U.W. Harrie 7

North Stanly 3

Buddy of mine who is coach at another school went to this one and said the fans got into it after the game.  

Post more information if you get it.  

On 5/14/2019 at 11:24 PM, LarryRandolph said:

U.W. Harrie 7

North Stanly 3

Buddy of mine who is coach at another school went to this one and said the fans got into it after the game.  

Everyone gets into it witj them.

Uwharrie charter 

• Like 1

For the First time in Program History - BOTH Mooresville Softball and Baseball will be in the 4A Western Regional Final (Semi) and Mooresville will Face Reagan (Baseball)  and Softball  will face South Caldwell 

U.W. Harrie (aka guys that should be at other schools) 2

Guys that should be at Person High 1

After two innings.

Got a friend of mine attending. I'll keep updating if I can

• Like 1

Softball 4A West Regional final

game 1

South Caldwell 1

Mooresville 10

————————————————

Baseball 4A West Regional Final

game 1

Mooresville 5

Reagan 2

Replying to LarryRandolph.  To get the facts straight all 19 players on the RCS roster should be at Person High School.  Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.  Another thing you don't know is that all 19 players chose Roxboro Community School and have been here since the 6th grade.  So, if you were hinting at recruiting in your previous post, you are dead wrong.  I suggest you know exactly what you are talking about before you go putting information out.  

7 minutes ago, Hunter28 said:

Replying to LarryRandolph.  To get the facts straight all 19 players on the RCS roster should be at Person High School.  Obviously, you don't know what you are talking about.  Another thing you don't know is that all 19 players chose Roxboro Community School and have been here since the 6th grade.  So, if you were hinting at recruiting in your previous post, you are dead wrong.  I suggest you know exactly what you are talking about before you go putting information out.  

I took it to mean the teams were made up of players from two schools for Uwharrie and one for RCS.  The way you interpreted may be what he meant.

Curious but this shows the major complaint from 1A schools.  1A sports do not require loaded teams.  One or two players can really flip the field.  I am personally not questioning either school on how the players arrived but if all the players from RCS are districted for Roxboro that brings in the issue of fairness in classifications.  RCS plays in 1A conference but all players come from a school that plays 3A.  Should Roxboro not play 1A if half the team is at another school?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hunter28 said:

Haha. 

Uwharrie is a joke.

10 or more state qualifiers at wrestling every year. Garbage titles.

We will do it with home grown not recruited as our wrestling coaches shirts say.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Knights said:

Uwharrie is a joke.

10 or more state qualifiers at wrestling every year. Garbage titles.

We will do it with home grown not recruited as our wrestling coaches shirts say.

All jokes aside, how to they get all those guys in that live outside the county? What is the actual rule on it?  All I know is I saw them play against some and their baseball team is really good.  Appear to be well coached. I have heard that there was something fishy with their admissions, but didn't know how much truth there actually was to it. As for Roxboro Community, I don't know. I just know that Person used to be the only high school in that county. 

• Like 1

I think the qualifier for charters is the 25 mile radius rule.  County lines are not a boundary on charters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btango said:

I think the qualifier for charters is the 25 mile radius rule.  County lines are not a boundary on charters.

They should reduce that.  Charters in cities could potentially pull guys/girls in like crazy for all sports.  Any chance with next realignment, they put charters in their own playoffs?  That should be the 5th class.  There is enough of them now. 

• Like 1

The upcoming realignment they are working in will not split them out separately.  After that who knows.

Issue in 1A is not only charters.  A lot of 1A schools have multiple players that do not live in the district.  I have proposed that 1A sports other than football be subdivided out based on a “traditional” and “non traditional” split.  The big question is what would a “traditional” school?  My thought is a “traditional” school only allows students to play sports that live in the district or are the children of a teacher at the school.  If the student has attended the school and the family moved out of the district after first semester of the junior year the student can remain an athlete through the end of their senior year if the LEA allows it.  I am not sure how I would deal with siblings but I think I would allow them to stay through the older siblings senior year and if they were to be rising seniors the next year they could remain for their last school year even though it would be another year living outside the district.

The school districts are a part of the problem just like the state of NC.  We can complain about charters but when 1A has urban magnets, a Parochial school, or schools that allow non district resident transfers the problem is bigger than the charter.  If they are going to make it right it needs to be a complete overhaul.

3 hours ago, Knights said:

3% or more kids from outside district then you move up. Georgia does something like this.

Not sure if that is enrolled students or just students that participate in sports.  Do not know if I like the rule if it is based on students.  

A couple of string players can completely change the dynamic of a state playoff especially in 1A non football sports.

A school could allow students to attend from outside the district but not play sports which the GA rule may have some caveat for that.  I would not rule out the children of teachers at the school for various reasons.

8 minutes ago, btango said:

Not sure if that is enrolled students or just students that participate in sports.  Do not know if I like the rule if it is based on students.  

A couple of string players can completely change the dynamic of a state playoff especially in 1A non football sports.

A school could allow students to attend from outside the district but not play sports which the GA rule may have some caveat for that.  I would not rule out the children of teachers at the school for various reasons.

I think traditional should be just that, traditional public schools. There are always going to be legitimate transfers that the LEA approves for a variety of reasons. Charter Schools should be considered non-traditional because they have no district or boundaries.  

Subdivide 1A class come playoff time traditional/non-traditional.  Really simple if you ask me. 

I understand the need for Charter schools to be in conferences due to geography, but seeding for the sub divided playoffs should be like split conferences are now.

Highest finishing Charter and Traditional in a split, wold both be seeded as #1's.

*Also, after conference regular season champs are seeded, the rest should be done based on maxpreps. No more Tier of 2's and 3's. But that's another discussion. 

There are some “traditional” schools in 1A that have a lot of players from outside their district playing for them that make a difference.  No issue with where they go to school but it can really cause big differences in 1A.

Note WS Prep is not a charter school but a magnet school.  They would not automatically fall under any charter school   only subclass.

1 hour ago, btango said:

There are some “traditional” schools in 1A that have a lot of players from outside their district playing for them that make a difference.  No issue with where they go to school but it can really cause big differences in 1A.

Note WS Prep is not a charter school but a magnet school.  They would not automatically fall under any charter school   only subclass.

Good point. Perhaps put a % on it like you said earlier. 

9 hours ago, LarryRandolph said:

Good point. Perhaps put a % on it like you said earlier. 

I did not support the percentage.  Think it should be strict with very few exceptions.

6 hours ago, btango said:

I did not support the percentage.  Think it should be strict with very few exceptions.

Sorry, It was another poster that discussed the % rule.  But yes, it should be strict whatever they do. But I don't think we will see any change in how Charters are dealt with any time soon.