Sign in to follow this  
FHS1985 returns

NCHSAA moves to allow transgender participation in sports

https://www.highschoolot.com/nchsaa-paves-path-for-inclusion-of-transgender-home-school-students-in-high-school-sports/18358832/

There may not be many on here who care much about girls sports, but because FHS has a long history of success in girls hoops this is a pet issue for me.  Just the other day a transgendered “woman” set four world records in weight lifting in a single day.  The absolute refusal to acknowledge physical reality by our “elites” staggers belief.  Allowing a boy, whatever that individual calls themself, to participate in sports with girls is a recipe for the destruction of girl’s sports.  I cannot believe how much this foolishness has spread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In Guilford County a female is transitioning to a male.  The student / athlete identifies as a male and has taken on a male name but played girls basketball this past season.  No idea how good the player is.  Would you be upset if you were an opponent and this player put up 25 and 15 on you?  Probably!

2 hours ago, btango said:

In Guilford County a female is transitioning to a male.  The student / athlete identifies as a male and has taken on a male name but played girls basketball this past season.  No idea how good the player is.  Would you be upset if you were an opponent and this player put up 25 and 15 on you?  Probably!

I’m better with that than the other way around.  There is a precedent there with a wrestler in Texas who is going FTM who has to wrestle girls and who has an advantage due to testosterone supplements, won the girl’s state championship, but still better than having the girls go against MTF transgenders.  This really is only an issue in girls sports, because the FTM transgenders have no advantage over natural boys.  A girl who is taking testosterone to ape what happens to a boy naturally is a poor imitation of the real deal, which is what we are likely to see with this policy.  There were pictures recently of an Australian MTF competing against full grown women, but that person was like 6’3 240 and it was farcical.  All of this is going to destroy girls and women’s sports, which I care about, so I intend to speak out against it.

If a female is taking any testosterone or some other chemical that could improve their athletic performance they should not be allowed to compete on a female team.  Males that are transitioning and competing on female teams is an absolute issue.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this