Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

4th and goal

So it’s 4th and goal and your at the 5 yard line and your down by 4. If you score  your team wins and if you don’t it’s over. What is your game plan. What kind of play would you use. Do you run or pass. Who do you see as your man to do the job. Let me add you can also use any player or players from the past. Or just name a design play. 

On 4/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, SPRaiders78 said:

Jake Alexander running hard behind the hogs.

Must have never seen Tyler Bray run the ball.

Ethan Horton AL Brown. QB roll right and mow over defenders.

39 minutes ago, GDG said:

Must have never seen Tyler Bray run the ball.

Dude, I could have listed a dozen Raider fullbacks, and none of them would have been a bad choice.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, HHS2003BEAM said:

Quick toss to Gee Witherspoon. I like roll out run pass options in that situation as well.

I figured you might say the reverse to Gee Witherspoon...

For me, it all comes down to the kind of team I have and what has been working all night.  Now I am more of a split back veer coach, so assuming I have a great quarterback that can make a read and use his feet and instincts to make a play, whether that means keep or pitch, then I'd probably feel comfortable with that call. 

However, 4th and goal from the 5 leaves a lot of ground to cover and I often worry about coming up an inch short, so I have a very reliable pass route that I keep in my back pocket.  Some may call it a rub route, but I like to use a twins set to one side and run a double slant by both twins receivers.  Whether using rip or liz motion out of the backfield, I would put a receiver in a flat route just under the two slants because it puts the defender/linebacker in conflict and one route should be open for the score.