Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Stack steps down at Rosman

Matt Stack has stepped down as the head football coach at Rosman to take the defensive coordinator job at Easley.  Stack went 5-19 in his two seasons leading the Tigers. 

"I'm very pumped to have Matt on board, it's huge for me and the Easley program," said head football coach Caleb King about Stack's hiring. While the move is certainly bittersweet for Stack, he's excited about the possibility.  "I'm very excited and it's a great move for my family," he sated. 

Stack-Matt1.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, Paul Graham said:

I think this is a very upwardly mobile move for Matt

I agree, I know he'll get paid significantly more, and also get him in the land of SC jobs which could make him a viable candidate for a SC head coaching gig in the future.  I know he worked his tail off at Rosman and sure, the results didn't necessarily show it, but I think the program is in good shape for someone else to take over and try to continue to move it forward. 

The Rosman crowd seem to think Pursley and Essenburg are on the list.

Essenburg certainly seems like an obvious candidate since he was going to join Stack's staff anyway. Pursley would obviously be a great hire if it's true he's interested.