Rate this topic

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:04 AM, Mitchell county mountie said:

Same old song and dance. While they should never be slept on, that school in particular holds some deep resentment from the "traditional" powers. They get drug every year, with the exception of 2016 when they gave Murphy a run at the Hill.

Just saw this kid will be transferring to Mountain Island.  https://qbhitlist.com/profile/20577/

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, Knights said:

Going be fun watching MIC go down AGAIN with an all star team. 

#BIG3>MIC

Yeah - not sure how many all stars they will have this year but I was told they have had over 40 transfer in the last four years.  A lot of those have been juniors and seniors.  Their ADM has only gone up 30 in the last 3 years so unless a lot of students are leaving not sure they are getting many through the lottery other than fb players.  They always seem to have size and speed but obviously chemistry is a problem with all the 1 or 2 year players.  Understand they have started bringing in more middle school and freshmen transfers for that reason.  This QB transfer is a soph and ranked as the top pro style QB in NC in his class.  You wonder what the rest of this years transfer class will look like.  Not sure how long this will go on but they sure do not seem concerned about the resentment Mountie mentioned 

Just wondering how you know he is the top ranked QB Pro Style in 2022 in NC when 247sports hasn’t ranked 2022 kids yet.Dont you mean he is a Freshman and will be a Sophomore next football season.

42 minutes ago, Appvol said:

Just wondering how you know he is the top ranked QB Pro Style in 2022 in NC when 247sports hasn’t ranked 2022 kids yet.Dont you mean he is a Freshman and will be a Sophomore next football season.

Yes he is a freshman and will be a soph in the fall.  Ranking is not by 247 but by National QB service  https://qbhitlist.com/profile/20577/   I just happened to see him listed as I was looking through the top QB's in NC by class.  Never heard of him and he may end up not being that good - but obviously others think otherwise.  My point was more about the continual pipeline of transfers they get.

If you like looking at rankings the 247sports composite is the only thing to go by because it averages out all the major recruiting services rankings. The OT for Murphy is ranked the 72 best player in 2021 in the country by 247 sports but doesn’t have a composite ranking yet.247 sports has him as OG in the rankings.

https://247sports.com/Player/Yousef-Mugharbil-46081678/

On 5/6/2019 at 7:30 AM, Mitchell county mountie said:

I believe he had been contacted by Christ School, but to my knowledge has no intentions of playing anywhere but mitchell.

🔥🔥

Edited by patricklsu
Typed on wrong comment

On 5/5/2019 at 9:02 PM, Vikingpride said:

I know it’s early but I’m hearing Tarboro is looking strong again. Lots of folks are excited about the week 1 match up against 3a rocky mount.

I can't wait to see 2 powerhouses clash in the opening week of the season I'll definitely be at this one

Should be a good one for sure. Tarboro qb won a track state championship yesterday. His future seems to be very bright. Believe he’ll go D1 as an athlete.

17 hours ago, GridIronFan said:

Mt Airy is always good!!

Mount Airy's new Coach still has to prove his self IMO  ! ! Hearing no talk yet out of Mount Airy and no roster yet on MaxPrep....

Mountain Island Charter is strong this year, i wonder if they can get over the hump this year and get to the title game

18 hours ago, BigB704 said:

Mountain Island Charter is strong this year, i wonder if they can get over the hump this year and get to the title game

BigB704 they lost 20+ seniors didn't they?  Not that it has mattered in the playoffs but what does the transfer talent pool look like this year?  I saw they have a big QB transferring in that will be a soph and have a big OL who transferred a year ago but had to sit out. Think his dad is a coach.  Any other projected starters coming in?