Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

Top 2A teams

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Who will be some of Top 2A teams this upcoming season n or teams to watch for

South Point ; Shelby; North Surry; West Stokes ; Walkertown; East Gaston ; North Lincoln ; West Lincoln ; Bandys; Maiden; Lincolnton; Weatmore; Northeastern ; Reidsville; Kingston; Clinton; Wallace Rose-Hill ; Lexington; Salisbury ; Ledford ; North Davidson ; Mtn Heritage ; Southwest Onslow 

Did I miss any? Thoughts ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Thomasville will be much improved this season and surprise some folks I believe. 

And why will they be improved other than their schedule gets weaker than past years? Seriously. I’ve heard this for 10 years and they have not been a factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HHS2003BEAM said:

Hibriten may take a step back but they should win there conference and get a good playoff seed.

From what I have seen of the kids who played in blowout games, Hibriten will be a top four western team in 2019. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GDG said:

And why will they be improved other than their schedule gets weaker than past years? Seriously. I’ve heard this for 10 years and they have not been a factor.

Coach Robertson runs a top notch program and is a terrific coach. Not saying they will be title contenders at all but they just might surprise some folks this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In no particular order, here are the Top 15 teams that I think could make some serious noise. 

Reidsville

Shelby

Clinton

Thomasville

Wallace-Rose Hill

Southwest Onslow

Randleman

Salisbury

Burns

Hibriten

East Bladen

Northeastern

Ledford

Mountain Heritage

North Davidson

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris, it looks like ten or eleven of your 15 are from the East. Do you think the East is better top to bottom than last year or do you think the West is weaker than in the past? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Chris, it looks like ten or eleven of your 15 are from the East. Do you think the East is better top to bottom than last year or do you think the West is weaker than in the past? 

Hey, sorry I meant to have South Point too!  Sorry, a huge oversight.  Not that I expect West to be weaker, not at all, just some real good teams out East. I think the 2A is about 20-30 deep with really, really good football teams. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris Hughes said:

Hey, sorry I meant to have South Point too!  Sorry, a huge oversight.  Not that I expect West to be weaker, not at all, just some real good teams out East. I think the 2A is about 20-30 deep with really, really good football teams. 

East Rutherford should be on there as well. Should battle Burns for 3rd in the SWC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, burnstweeter said:

East Rutherford should be on there as well. Should battle Burns for 3rd in the SWC.

I totally agree, in fact I took them off my list of 15 when I realized I left Hibriten off, but I stand by what I've said earlier, there is about 25-30 really, and I mean really good teams in 2A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year Brevard was top 2A a year ago, but I think they lose alot to Graduation.

Whiteville and South Columbus are always respectful programs.

I pick Reidsville to win it all whether 2A or 2AA. Their feeder program is looking really good right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope I'm wrong guys, but I don't think South Point will be as good this year as last. They may still be good enough for second in conference play, depending on how well Burns turns out to be. E Ruthie graduated a good many last year I heard, so they may not be what they were either. Unless the new top cat at Shelby messes things up, everybody else will be playing for second place anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

I totally agree, in fact I took them off my list of 15 when I realized I left Hibriten off, but I stand by what I've said earlier, there is about 25-30 really, and I mean really good teams in 2A. 

 

16 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

I hope I'm wrong guys, but I don't think South Point will be as good this year as last. They may still be good enough for second in conference play, depending on how well Burns turns out to be. E Ruthie graduated a good many last year I heard, so they may not be what they were either. Unless the new top cat at Shelby messes things up, everybody else will be playing for second place anyway.

 

19 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

I totally agree, in fact I took them off my list of 15 when I realized I left Hibriten off, but I stand by what I've said earlier, there is about 25-30 really, and I mean really good teams in 2A. 

E. Rutherfordton does not belong on that list. The lost almost the entire starting offense and defense graduating 30 players. They should play at the same level as R.S Central and Chase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't overlook Montgomery Central. With East Montgomery and West Montgomery combined, they will be loaded with talent, speed and size. Throw in the Browns as coaches and you have the potential for a powerhouse team in Montgomery County.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing 2A football will be helpful for Montgomery Central.  Bringing two teams together as one especially not being housed in the same building will have hurdles.  Good luck to Benji B!  Class act!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reidsville and Shelby are top two.  Out of the east Wrh and Northeastern are top 10 teams. I also think you have to take a look at South Point and Hibriten being top 5-10 teams. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is able to pull the strings I would love to see at least a 2 year non conference matchup between Shelby n Reidsville. If this was to happen put my name down to be there to watch what I believe to be one more game between the 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

If anyone is able to pull the strings I would love to see at least a 2 year non conference matchup between Shelby n Reidsville. If this was to happen put my name down to be there to watch what I believe to be one more game between the 2. 

Shelby needs a Week 3 game but Reidsville’s schedule is full

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 7:39 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Who will be some of Top 2A teams this upcoming season n or teams to watch for

South Point ; Shelby; North Surry; West Stokes ; Walkertown; EAST GASTON,; North Lincoln ; West Lincoln ; Bandys; Maiden; Lincolnton; Weatmore; Northeastern ; Reidsville; Kingston; Clinton; Wallace Rose-Hill ; Lexington; Salisbury ; Ledford ; North Davidson ; Mtn Heritage ; Southwest Onslow 

Did I miss any? Thoughts ? 

 

Not sure what you've been smoking, but I'd like to give it a try myself. The 6th team on your list is East Gaston. I know they got a new coach this year, but "one of the top 2A teams this upcoming season". I don't think so. I'm sure you mean East somebody else.  🙄

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, Chris Hughes said:

In no particular order, here are the Top 15 teams that I think could make some serious noise. 

Reidsville

Shelby

Clinton

Thomasville

Wallace-Rose Hill

Southwest Onslow

Randleman

Salisbury

Burns

Hibriten

East Bladen

Northeastern

Ledford

Mountain Heritage

North Davidson

 

Just curious, I see Thomasville but no Wheatmore they have been moving up the last few years. I see the opening comment has them just wondering Chris why you feel Thomasville could make noise but not Wheatmore? How about Eastern Randolph also with Cates back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Not sure what you've been smoking, but I'd like to give it a try myself. The 6th team on your list is East Gaston. I know they got a new coach this year, but "one of the top 2A teams this upcoming season". I don't think so. I'm sure you mean East somebody else.  🙄

Agree.... we might have been the worst 2A Team in NC last year. I'm not expecting us to be much better this year, boy do I hope I'm wrong!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×