Rate this topic

Who going to be the top 4A teams this year or teams to watch: 

Mallard Creek ; Indy; East Forsyth; Providence; Cardinal Gibbons; Hough ; Vance ; Page; Wake Forest ; Heritage; Pinecrest; Richmond ; 71st; Scotland ; West Meck; Myers park ; Butler ; Porter Ridge ; Hickory Ridge; Rocky River ; Middle Creek; Garner ; Holly Springs 

Anyone I missed ? What are your thoughts? 

Um, Indy? The team that went 5-6 and struggled to beat Garinger(although they are improved) is a contender? In that conference? Hard no on that one. 

If I were to post a 15 to watch for at this point (in no particular order), here would be my list. 

Scotland

Myers Park

Richmond

South Central

Hoggard

Wake Forest

West Forsyth

Vance

Rolesville

Cardinal Gibbons

East Forsyth

Mallard Creek

Reagan

Hough

Page

Better keep an eye on those Richmond County boys....Things are beginning to turn in the right direction...Experienced Qb and Rb, and maybe the largest O line in quiet some time at Richmond...All conf Wr and slot....On D , the Secondary and Lbs should be in good shape , will have to replace some D linemen...The kicking game will be in good hands also...With a returning staff with no turnover.......Looking for good things in RC IN 2019...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Catholic said:

Um, Indy? The team that went 5-6 and struggled to beat Garinger(although they are improved) is a contender? In that conference? Hard no on that one. 

I never said they are going to be conference champs nor did i ever say they going be a state title winner but With that Staff in-place and the improvements they have made i think they can be another solid year for them and YES WE KNOW THEY ARENT THE INDY like the Old days 

2 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

If I were to post a 15 to watch for at this point (in no particular order), here would be my list. 

Scotland

Myers Park

Richmond

South Central

Hoggard

Wake Forest

West Forsyth

Vance

Rolesville

Cardinal Gibbons

East Forsyth

Mallard Creek

Reagan

Hough

Page

More Triad teams than Meck county teams....Interesting.

1 hour ago, raider1 said:

Better keep an eye on those Richmond County boys....Things are beginning to turn in the right direction...Experienced Qb and Rb, and maybe the largest O line in quiet some time at Richmond...All conf Wr and slot....On D , the Secondary and Lbs should be in good shape , will have to replace some D linemen...The kicking game will be in good hands also...With a returning staff with no turnover.......Looking for good things in RC IN 2019...

I believe Richmond will be extremely explosive on the Offensive side of the ball. Defense will be ????????????

8 minutes ago, work7 said:

I believe Richmond will be extremely explosive on the Offensive side of the ball. Defense will be ????????????

Problem with Richmond is they face zero teams with anything close to a vertical game. Then they catch a team in the playoffs with a couple athletes on the outside and a kid that can spin it and they look lost.

• Like 1

We all know 4a will b very competitive especially the west but my gripe is the east particularly the 4aa east. Who's going 2 challenge Wake to finally make it competitive over there. Even tho we lost a dog fight in the championship I wasnt impressed by them, and the fact that they have been steamrolling everyone up 2 that point makes me wonder about over there......who's going 2 step up? They lost a few key players so I guess it's not who is going to step up 2 them but is wake down enough 2 make it easier for the others to compete?

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 7:36 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Who going to be the top 4A teams this year or teams to watch: 

Mallard Creek ; Indy; East Forsyth; Providence; Cardinal Gibbons; Hough ; Vance ; Page; Wake Forest ; Heritage; Pinecrest; Richmond ; 71st; Scotland ; West Meck; Myers park ; Butler ; Porter Ridge ; Hickory Ridge; Rocky River ; Middle Creek; Garner ; Holly Springs 

Anyone I missed ? What are your thoughts? 

I'm not sure if Heritage will be at their previous level. There's been a lot of changes over there and they have graduated a lot of talent. Holly Springs and Middle Creek might get a few victories because of their schedule but I wouldn't put either of them as a top 4A team.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 1:16 PM, Chris Hughes said:

Rolesville

Really?

Hoggard will have to fill some holes and find some speed. They will be big up front and strong at LB and QB. A lot of new coaches and new roles this coming year. I think the conference will be down over all. NH lost their best QB is school history, Laney lost their best play makers, and Hoggard lost 3 great WR and 2 great CB. I would say that Hoggard is the front runner to win the conference but they will have to deal with a lot of changes from players and coaches. 

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:38 PM, Wrigley said:

Wow...no Butler. Not that I disagree but it is weird to see that list without them.

Sure doesn't help that one of their running backs is now at Mallard Creek, and will have a new QB this season