Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Who’s Who among 3A

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

I know it’s early yet but who will be possibly  top contenders for 2019 in 3A and 3AA. 

Freedom: Everyone say they were about year or 2 out and We will have to see if they can get over the hump 

NWC: Imo I personally think be slightly down this year esp on Defense side but they do return 3 of their best offensive weapons and Coach Gentry will be more involved in calling stuff so Will have see if the Early Preseason Favorite can continue their winning ways ! 

Wataguga: They are still the team to beat in the 3A-4A Northwestern conference and They are always tough n hard to beat at home! 

Hoggard : They been very good past few years and They are in competitive conference but I’m not what got back but Hoggard will always be tough 

Reynolds; Asheville ; Erwin; Tuscola: These Mtn teams are some of the best around and in best conference but Reynolds is best one out of these 4 and Reynolds can have another solid run. 

Charlotte Catholic; Weddington ; Always in the mix and 2 of the best teams within our area

Mt Tabor: They are usually hit or miss but they are in a competitive conference but I like Tabor and I think they can still have a solid year 

Statesville: Has Some of the best young talent in the County and They have the athletes to do something with it but Time will tell how the hounds will do 

Southeast Guilford: Always been good and They are a very sound team. They are in a good conference and They have been tough to beat , I remember when they were 4A n beat Mooresville at Mooresville 

Cleveland: Don’t know much bout them but Chris can prob give more input but They have been good the past few season n Hopefully they can continue that 

Kings Mtn; Crest : Always solid and They are year in and out Playoff teams and They should do well again 

• Like 2

As far as Cleveland goes... I really like their QB Darius Ocean. He can make all the throws. If he was a bit taller, he’d be getting a lot more attention. They lost a lot of their WR corps so that’s a hole to fill. Ocean will put the ball where they can catch it though.

• Like 1

I see Kings Mountain doing really well. Does anyone know if Hunter Huss will have the team like last year or will they be down some. 

21 hours ago, ConnerP said:

As far as Cleveland goes... I really like their QB Darius Ocean. He can make all the throws. If he was a bit taller, he’d be getting a lot more attention. They lost a lot of their WR corps so that’s a hole to fill. Ocean will put the ball where they can catch it though.

Darious Ocean is now the Hough QB. He got the full ride . Lake Norman property and the Jet Skis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Darious Ocean is now the Hough QB. He got the full ride . Lake Norman property and the Jet Skis

Wow... had not heard he transferred. 

13 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Lol. What?? Did he transfer?!

1 hour ago, Catholic said:

Lol. What?? Did he transfer?!

Yes..couple months ago along with several kids from Rock Hill including a Tenn committ at WR. I believe they have junior day this weekend on campus so stay tuned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Yes..couple months ago along with several kids from Rock Hill including a Tenn committ at WR. I believe they have junior day this weekend on campus so stay tuned.

I talked to Darius and He said his dad got a new job n it was right near Hough High 

2 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I talked to Darius and He said his dad got a new job n it was right near Hough High 

Imagine my surprise. :) Cornelius, NC....Land of opportunity. Bring me your tired, cold and weary masses. Bring me your 3 star QBs from Eastern NC, your 3 star WRs from SC and you MLBs from Mooresville. Toguchi better hope Trump never shuts down the Meck county border. He wouldnt be able to field a 7 on 7 team.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Convienent. 

On 4/9/2019 at 4:10 PM, Wrigley said:

Imagine my surprise. :) Cornelius, NC....Land of opportunity. Bring me your tired, cold and weary masses. Bring me your 3 star QBs from Eastern NC, your 3 star WRs from SC and you MLBs from Mooresville. Toguchi better hope Trump never shuts down the Meck county border. He wouldnt be able to field a 7 on 7 team.

But there are rules against such shenanigans. 7 on 7 events must be the actual recruitment days now.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:03 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

How ironic Bonner Stewart graduates and some prime property and job becomes available smh

• Haha 1

Lol...well no respect for the 3A runner up Cardinals I see. Not surprised. But hey with 25 returning seniors who got to see allot of playing time last season. A bigger faster version of Benton at QB who has multiple D1 offers already. You just might not want to count these Cards out. But hey talk about everyone else. We will see say about mid season when y’all will have no choice but to talk about the Cards.

You never know. If the football Gods aligns correctly I hope that there is a rematch. I remember last year folks laughed at the beginning of the season when I said what a game it be if CC played Jacksonville.  Some tried to run with it and say that I said Jacksonville would beat them. You can’t find a post where I have every said the Cards would beat anyone we play. All I ever say is that they will show up and be ready to play. Just like this years bunch they will show up and get off the bus against anyone. Regardless of what anyone says. The number of athletes and blazing speed all over the field the Cards stand a chance. Remember according to everyone they didn’t stand a chance against CC. Everyone has been saying since Eastern Guilford that Jacksonville lost everything and will suck next season. Well we still waiting for that to happen.  It’s funny how nobody talks about a team that in the last 4 years have played in a Eastern final. Won a Eastern Final and played in a state title game yet gets no preseason recognition. I told everyone go back and read that these kids will be good for awhile. The JV has been good the past 4 years JR. high team has not lost a game in like 5 yrs straight now. Pop Warner took a team to Disney and won a title. Folks better get used to seeing the Cards make deep playoff runs and like I said before and will say again. They will win a title in the next two years. I hope everyone just keep sleeping.

I would put us in this list but because we are never mentioned in any polls or discussions (which I like) because we like to fly under the radar. We do seen to find our way into the playoffs and make a pretty good showing. Even though we lost a lot of seniors off last years team we were pretty young. We will still be young and inexperienced this year. I just hope our hard working and enthusiastic kids find our way back there again this season. I want all the playoff teams to say EG? Who are they. I would answer that with the reply that we are just another Gilford County Directional team that plays a pretty tough schedule. A lot of teams in our area will not play Page and Reidsville back to back or not at all. but we will.

• Like 1

Footballaholic32. Since you mentioned EG, I want to point out to make sure everyone knows that I never said anything negative about J'Ville. As a matter of fact I said before we played you guys that your offense was probably one of the best offenses I had ever had the opportunity to play a against. I reiterated that fact after the game. It was probably the fastest team offensively I had ever played against. Northern Guilford had the fastest player in TJ Logan but you guys were faster as a team offensively. Had we not made a couple of adjustments defensively at halftime we would not have won the game. Plus the interception sealed the win. I also said that your defense was your weak point. Since I do not coach the offense I do not look at a lot of video on our opponents defense. All I noticed during the game was that our offense had little trouble moving the ball and scoring. I also said that you guys had things rolling and would be a force from this point on. Reminds me of the past when you guys were always a power. My long time friends Cameron Little (Cameron passed away during his tenure there) and Charles Bradshaw (still kicking)  coached there back in the day.

I’ve never heard you or anyone say anything negative about them Glenn. Some folks just want to perceive a slight when there is none.I seem to recall a fan being furious that Chris had his team ranked 14th a couple years ago. It was “insulting” and a “lack of respect”.  Hmm... 14th is pretty dang good.

Jacksonville will indeed be young, I doubt it’ll be much of a factor tho. Not much on their schedule for it to indeed be a factor, they’ll gain confidence throughout the season and besides maybe a feisty Kinston team early and of course havelock to finish I see them possibly being unbeaten headed into the playoffs. Brown (Jr qb) with a ton of noise and D1 offers behind him coming into the year will be a very focal part of the teams success, he’s fast and that’s fairly vague that kid is not his two brothers, he’s eclipsed both Boone brothers and maybe the best. Also interested in seeing how they use the qb behind him who’s also a jr. beau’s got a ton of talent on that young team I’m excited to see them play this fall. If they can get back to the state title game I’d be very very scared to play them. 

Eastern Alamance should be one of the teams to beat in the East. Their QB was terrific last year. Havelock and Jacksonville should be in the conversation year end and year out. You can never count out Rocky Mount either. One team I would keep my eye  on is Southern Nash. After last year's stunning come from behind loss to Eastern Alamance this group of young men is as focused as ever on getting that bad taste out of their mouths from that loss. Sure they lost a star running back to NC State but the stable in Stanhope is stocked full of thoroughbreds and some big ole hogs to lead the way. Looking forward to another exciting season of high school football.

Jacksonville is young but they’re experienced and will make some noise no doubt wouldnt be surprised if they make it back to the title game again. NS will be good but is a couple years away from being title contenders but they have some D1 level guys on their team as well so I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it to the second or third round. Jacksonville has the best conditioning program I’ve ever seen though so to beat them you better be able to run for 4 quarters 

Don't overlook Williams.  I hear the talent may be the best they've had over there since the Sam Story days.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:48 PM, Idontknownunting said:

Yep..........and their D-linemen that was offered by Alabama is gone too.  Dudley.........

Dudley is going to be really good 

On 6/12/2019 at 8:01 AM, kms51 said:

Dudley is going to be really good 

They are loaded up front

On 5/6/2019 at 9:34 AM, Vik-Val 86 said:

Forgot about Cardinals. It could be they may get revenge on Catholic. 

Does Jacksonville have a REAL passing game now?

1 hour ago, Chopper747 said:

Does Jacksonville have a REAL passing game now?

I have no idea about Jacksonville passing game. Not sure what team they will have this year. Was just reading from another poster about what they had. 

Lee County getting a lot of visits from big time college programs and not all are there for Des, Many offers to many different players. I believe Chalmers is announcing his commitment tonight, We will see how that transcribes onto the field in the playoffs.

On 5/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, Footballaholic32 said:

You never know. If the football Gods aligns correctly I hope that there is a rematch. I remember last year folks laughed at the beginning of the season when I said what a game it be if CC played Jacksonville.  Some tried to run with it and say that I said Jacksonville would beat them. You can’t find a post where I have every said the Cards would beat anyone we play. All I ever say is that they will show up and be ready to play. Just like this years bunch they will show up and get off the bus against anyone. Regardless of what anyone says. The number of athletes and blazing speed all over the field the Cards stand a chance. Remember according to everyone they didn’t stand a chance against CC. Everyone has been saying since Eastern Guilford that Jacksonville lost everything and will suck next season. Well we still waiting for that to happen.  It’s funny how nobody talks about a team that in the last 4 years have played in a Eastern final. Won a Eastern Final and played in a state title game yet gets no preseason recognition. I told everyone go back and read that these kids will be good for awhile. The JV has been good the past 4 years JR. high team has not lost a game in like 5 yrs straight now. Pop Warner took a team to Disney and won a title. Folks better get used to seeing the Cards make deep playoff runs and like I said before and will say again. They will win a title in the next two years. I hope everyone just keep sleeping.

The only reason the 3A championship was close is because of the wretched field conditions at Kenan.  Another reason to despise Tar Heels.  Play that game at Carter-Finley and Catholic waxes Jacksonville by 21+.  No one dimensional program that can’t pass the football is going to win a state title anywhere.  Everyone knows that except tunnel blind Cardinal fans with their fluke wins over Havelock.  Be interesting to see if JHS can get over the “Havelock hump” in 2019 especially post season if they even get that far.  This is why no one thinks of them in pre-season picks.  They haven’t done anything for 25 years except flap their gums on the prep forums.  No one is sleeping on them, they just know a one trick pony when they see it from the stands and good JV teams don’t mean good varsity teams.  Dream on. You’ll be lucky making quarterfinals.

On 6/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, Footsoldier said:

The only reason the 3A championship was close is because of the wretched field conditions at Kenan.  Another reason to despise Tar Heels.  Play that game at Carter-Finley and Catholic waxes Jacksonville by 21+.  No one dimensional program that can’t pass the football is going to win a state title anywhere.  Everyone knows that except tunnel blind Cardinal fans with their fluke wins over Havelock.  Be interesting to see if JHS can get over the “Havelock hump” in 2019 especially post season if they even get that far.  This is why no one thinks of them in pre-season picks.  They haven’t done anything for 25 years except flap their gums on the prep forums.  No one is sleeping on them, they just know a one trick when they see it from the stands and good JV teams don’t mean good varsity teams.  Dream on. You’ll be lucky making quarterfinals.

You play that game on a good field that’s not that wet and the Cards win by 21+ bad fields help defense not offense especially a offense relied on speed