coachmp

Ardrey Kell Opening

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, CoachG said:

IMG is allowed to legally recruit players, correct?

They have two teams.  A “regular” team that is more like a normal school team.  Do not think that has been recognized as very special.  The “national” team is the one that brings the players in and seemed to cover the cost for the list part and travels nationally.  That squad seems to be the one that recruits.  They do not participate in the state playoffs due to their “system.”

I have heard that AK will be conducting some interviews tomorrow.  I don't know the entire list, but have been contacted by a couple of coaches. 

I would think that they would look at a few highly qualified CMS assistant coaches at some other schools; like possibly Mark Harman at Myers Park, Tripp Stone at Mallard Creek, Jose Garcia at Mallard Creek, or former Mooresville OC/Northwestern assistant Robert Hellams. 

I also would not be surprised to see former AK head coach Adam Hastings return to lead this program. 

On 4/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Chris Hughes said:

I have heard that AK will be conducting some interviews tomorrow.  I don't know the entire list, but have been contacted by a couple of coaches. 

I would think that they would look at a few highly qualified CMS assistant coaches at some other schools; like possibly Mark Harman at Myers Park, Tripp Stone at Mallard Creek, Jose Garcia at Mallard Creek, or former Mooresville OC/Northwestern assistant Robert Hellams. 

I also would not be surprised to see former AK head coach Adam Hastings return to lead this program. 

Hastings has a good gig at PD I think, being able to bring in athletes from any school without having to worry about residency or sitting out a year. AK can be a really good job if the administration got out of the way and let the football coach do their thing. 

Key will not be who they hire, but if that hire can bring any assistants along with him. 

1 hour ago, Catholic said:

Hastings has a good gig at PD I think, being able to bring in athletes from any school without having to worry about residency or sitting out a year. AK can be a really good job if the administration got out of the way and let the football coach do their thing. 

Key will not be who they hire, but if that hire can bring any assistants along with him. 

Multiple people say things about the admin there, What makes them so difficult to work with?

11 hours ago, Coach B said:

Multiple people say things about the admin there, What makes them so difficult to work with?

Highly entitled parent group.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, Coach B said:

The parents call the shots!

I've heard that about that school too. It's in a nice area of Charlotte and it is filled with entitled helicopter yoga pants wearing moms and suits and tie dads.

So have they made a hire? Bc AK has a job listing on maxpreps for an OC.  I would imagine that they wouldnt be advertising for an OC without having hired a new HC.  But ya never know.

On 4/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, fornow said:

So have they made a hire? Bc AK has a job listing on maxpreps for an OC.  I would imagine that they wouldnt be advertising for an OC without having hired a new HC.  But ya never know.

They lost their WR coach who left to be the HC at Cuthbertson. It may be from that, he may have been slotted to be the OC next season. Not sure. Have not heard of anyone being hired.