Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

SW Guilford vs Cox Mill

Sportscaster, I do not do Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc. so I will send him an email. Thanks. I thought sportscasters knew all the coaches.

15 hours ago, FHS1985 returns said:

They have him on a ventilator?!?  Wow, I don’t think any of us who weren’t there realized how bad this was!

The absolute worst fall I have seen in a sporting event that I can remember.  As he was being treated it was heartbreaking.  

• Sad 1

Update:  the young man is still in stable but critical condition. He has been in a medically induced coma for a bit now to sedate him so that the brain swelling and internal bleeding may subside.  All signs are that he should continue to progress and hopefully move to a full recovery.  I’d expect him to be in the hospital another 2-3 days before being able to be transported back home to a local hospital for continued care and evaluation.  Prayers for the big fella and his family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Young man is out of the medically induced coma, but still sedated heavily to allow for continued healing.  He has movement in his limbs and strength is returning.  Continued prayers for a full recovery for this young man. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Young man has been transported back to a local hospital in the Triad, but family and professionals have asked for no visitors to allow for continued healing.   Prayers for this young man.  SWG has a tremendous ball club but have had their fair share of trials with the young man who died in the car crash in 2017 and now this.  Resilient bunch and very talented.