Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

SW Guilford vs Cox Mill

Who do you have winning this game. As for me I have no idea other than it’s going to be a super game to watch. Unfortunately for myself I want be able to attend to any of these games. Any thoughts on scoring,  could we see a high scoring game or will we see good defense that will keep a lower type of score. Any thoughts on the game. I don’t know the size of the crowd that will be there but I would anticipate a packed house. It’s goung to be a fun week with the High school tournaments going on and also the UNC vs Duke game as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Who do you have winning this game. As for me I have no idea other than it’s going to be a super game to watch. Unfortunately for myself I want be able to attend to any of these games. Any thoughts on scoring,  could we see a high scoring game or will we see good defense that will keep a lower type of score. Any thoughts on the game. I don’t know the size of the crowd that will be there but I would anticipate a packed house. It’s goung to be a fun week with the High school tournaments going on and also the UNC vs Duke game as well. 

This should be a absolutely a great game. I will go Cox Mill 83-81 my the best team win. I won't be broadcasting this game however I will be broadcasting the East Lincoln vs Forest Hill. I fully anticipate this being a great game with plenty of dunks and 3 points looking shot. If you college basketball you should definitely tune into this game. If wasn't broadcasting any of the games tomorrow or attending the games in person. I would have switch between games on the NFHS network tomorrow you couldn't go wrong with any game tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, sportsbroadcaster1 said:

This should be a absolutely a great game. I will go Cox Mill 83-81 my the best team win. I won't be broadcasting this game however I will be broadcasting the East Lincoln vs Forest Hill. I fully anticipate this being a great game with plenty of dunks and 3 points looking shot. If you college basketball you should definitely tune into this game. If wasn't broadcasting any of the games tomorrow or attending the games in person. I would have switch between games on the NFHS network tomorrow you couldn't go wrong with any game tomorrow.

That should also be a very good game.  Does that mean you will also be broadcasting the FHS/Cuthbertson girls game?

45 minutes ago, FHS1985 returns said:

That should also be a very good game.  Does that mean you will also be broadcasting the FHS/Cuthbertson girls game?

I will be broadcasting that game as well doing play by play. The station will be broadcasting all 8 games from Hickory tomorrow.

Southwest Guilford put a curb stomping on Cox Mill. Prayers and well wishes to #5 Christian Martin from SWG. He took a scary fall off of a dunk in the first half. Before he was taken away he was moving his limbs so that’s good news. #25 Miles Taylor came into the game and performed extremely well in Christian’s absence. 

Excellent showing from SWG. 

Should also add that it was a dunk fest for SWG. I feel like there was a point in the game where they had 4-5 dunks in a row off of missed shots and turnovers. 

First of all I hate to hear about the player getting hurt from SWG. Prayers for him and hopefully recovers soon. As for Cox Mill what in the world happen. I figure we would see a close one either way. Sounds like SWG is loaded. 

• Thanks 2

Worst fall I have seen in a high school sporting event.  Sickening.  Hope he has full recovery!!!

This game was determined by quick and on the perimeter.  On D Cox Mill could not stop penetration and offensively we’re unable to get offense in motion and did not get many good looks.  Turned the ball over way too much on O due to quick of SWG and a lot of bad choices.  

Game changed after the injury when SWG went to a 1-3-1 trap.  CM had a height advantage with Carrawell and Moore but they just do not, will not, or could not use that type of set.

Also, Turner (#4) was money from three and with the ball penetration he was wide open.  It was a tight game late in first half when he drained three from behind the line.

First time I had gotten to see the Langley brothers and they were impressive as advertised. Heavy defensive pressure applied on the guards of Cox Mill and even turned Wendell over a couple times. Can’t imagine an eastern team getting up and down the court with SWG. I think today decided the championship game.

Glad the Mtn. Heritgae girls took care of business over Forsyth today as well. Only the 3rd team in Mtn. Heritage sports history to make it to the championship game in any sport. Definitely if you like to see dunks, SWG will put on a show and #4 was on fire with the 3 ball as well.

Like I said earlier in that everyone is beatable. When I saw the score all I could say was WOW!!! Where is Jody Barbee going? Williams will have their hands full with SWG. Coach Tommy Cole (Williams) is a friend of mine. He did his student teaching under John Garrison and me at Western Alamance HS back in the day.  

5 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Like I said earlier in that everyone is beatable. When I saw the score all I could say was WOW!!! Where is Jody Barbee going? Williams will have their hands full with SWG. Coach Tommy Cole (Williams) is a friend of mine. He did his student teaching under John Garrison and me at Western Alamance HS back in the day.  

First congrats to SWG on the impressive domination win. And as other mention in here I join praying for the SWG player. As far Jody Barbee he is stepping down to be able to spend more time with his son who will be attending Mount Pleasant high school. And spending more time with his wife and daughter..

Thanks for the information. When you see him tell him one of his old baseball coaches (I wish he had played football) said hello to him and I am proud of what he has accomplished at CM. 

4 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Thanks for the information. When you see him tell him one of his old baseball coaches (I wish he had played football) said hello to him and I am proud of what he has accomplished at CM. 

No problem I probably won't see him I don't know him personally or live at Cabarrus County. You can probably reach out to him.through Twitter.

2 hours ago, Heritage 84 said:

Glad the Mtn. Heritgae girls took care of business over Forsyth today as well. Only the 3rd team in Mtn. Heritage sports history to make it to the championship game in any sport. Definitely if you like to see dunks, SWG will put on a show and #4 was on fire with the 3 ball as well.

MH is very well coached and they are fundamentally sound and savvy hoopsters.  Look forward to seeing how good Tipton will be the next two seasons.

As far as dunking and high flying basketball nothing I have seen in a long compared to West Charlotte today.  

• Like 1

Sportscaster, I do not do Twitter, FB, Instagram, etc. so I will send him an email. Thanks. I thought sportscasters knew all the coaches.

15 hours ago, FHS1985 returns said:

They have him on a ventilator?!?  Wow, I don’t think any of us who weren’t there realized how bad this was!

The absolute worst fall I have seen in a sporting event that I can remember.  As he was being treated it was heartbreaking.  

• Sad 1

Update:  the young man is still in stable but critical condition. He has been in a medically induced coma for a bit now to sedate him so that the brain swelling and internal bleeding may subside.  All signs are that he should continue to progress and hopefully move to a full recovery.  I’d expect him to be in the hospital another 2-3 days before being able to be transported back home to a local hospital for continued care and evaluation.  Prayers for the big fella and his family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Young man is out of the medically induced coma, but still sedated heavily to allow for continued healing.  He has movement in his limbs and strength is returning.  Continued prayers for a full recovery for this young man. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Young man has been transported back to a local hospital in the Triad, but family and professionals have asked for no visitors to allow for continued healing.   Prayers for this young man.  SWG has a tremendous ball club but have had their fair share of trials with the young man who died in the car crash in 2017 and now this.  Resilient bunch and very talented.