Sign in to follow this  
Chute Boxe Hero

Reidsville at Cummings

Pretty good guys game last night.  Reidsville won 61-57.  Great crowd.  Hot gym. 

The girls game was what you would call the ultimate "Beer Match".  Reidsville jumped out to a 32-1 lead and was never threatened.  In the slightest.  As you can guess, the Rams won by a lot.  Good team effort all the way around.  

In the guys game, Reidsville started off white-hot.  They were nailing threes from everywhere.  Breon Pass hit a few.  Cummings soon got themselves together and looked to slowly chip away.  However, they couldn't quite overtake the Rams.  Reidsville had an 18-12 lead at the end of the first quarter and was able to keep the Cavs at bay.  Primarily due to strong second-half performances from Pass and Justin Lowe, Reidsville was able to push their lead to around 12 with around a minute left.  

Then, Cummings made a furious comeback.  Auldon Edwards hit a three from the corner then followed that up with a couple of big baskets inside.  Terence Crawford then hit a three from the left elbow to cut the Rams lead to four.  Cummings then got the ball back, drove the lane, and was called for a controversial charge.  Reidsville then put it in the hands of Pass.  Pass's ballhandling was quick and air-tight.  The Cavs could do nothing but foul him.  Pass hit three/four free throws to shut the door on the freezer.  

Mr. Pass was his usual self tonight.  Early in the second half, he hit a three while basically sitting in the lap of a Cummings fan in the front row.  Second quarter, he broke away and threw down a thunderous, right-handed slam.  He was up there on that bad boy.  

Despite the loss, I was impressed with Auldon Edwards.  I thought he played a much better game tonight than he did against Western Alamance.  Against WA, he had a pretty good game but he seemed kind of disinterested.  That wasn't the case against Reidsville.  The 6-5 two-guard showed off a crafty offensive repertoire.  He's also got a good, strong frame which helped him absorb contact at the rim.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing my alma mater (UNCG) take a glance at him.  

One more thing.....

I saw something tonight that I've never seen before.  As both teams went to shake hands, one of the refs whistled a technical on one of the Cummings players.  I had no idea you could call tech's after the game was over.  

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this