Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

South Iredell vs Carson

2-15-19.  Boys 12-10 Carson at 14-7 South Iredell. Both teams with 2 conference loses. This will be a big matchup. Carson won over South Iredell the last matchup 89-68. Carson has 2 conference loses to Statesville and South has lost one to Statesville and one to Carson. This will be a much needed win for SI. 

With the girls game Carson is 22-1 with one conference lose to Statesville. And South girls they are 5-15. Unless something crazy happens I don’t see Carson losing. Carson girls will wrap up the conference title. 

Good luck to the Vikings of SI 

Chute as for the boys I guess it would depend on who there playing. I know South Iredell is inconsistent at times. If there having a good game they possibly could well. As for the girls I could see Carson making a deep run and Statesville, N. Iredell, West Rowan making at least 2 rds. possibly 3rds as well. Depending on who their playing and what kind of game their having. I know N. Iredell had a player that had an ankle injury I believe but I think that player is on the rebound. I sure NPCFan would know the situation as for condition that player. I’m sure there are some good teams up in your area that could make make a good run in the tournament. 

Carson boys at South Iredell is a important game in the NPC. Could be for second place or could be for a tie for first place if Statesville were to get upset by East Rowan tonight. Not sure if any of these three teams could or will win a first round game. Just not sure.....

Question, ,,,,,,,,,,, Does a conference champion from other conferences get seeded higher than say someone like North Iredell girls who finish second in conference? North is currently ranked 8th in adjusted rankings but second in conference to Carson. So they are ranked eigth in state but will they get a lower seed to other conference champs? 

1 hour ago, npcfan said:

Question, ,,,,,,,,,,, Does a conference champion from other conferences get seeded higher than say someone like North Iredell girls who finish second in conference? North is currently ranked 8th in adjusted rankings but second in conference to Carson. So they are ranked eigth in state but will they get a lower seed to other conference champs? 

They will be seeded with the 2's... probably the highest seeded 2. So looking at probably a 9 seed

5 hours ago, Chute Boxe Hero said:

Vik-Val, do you think either Carson or South Iredell have the potential to knock someone off first round?  

If they catch themselves a home game then maybe. Wouldn't be shocked if NPC boys are done after second round

• Like 1

South Iredell boys would get the win 75-58 over Carson. With the girls game Carson would win 69-50. Which was expected. Congratulations to the Carson girls for winning the conference. 

Stateville boys will win the conference by beating West Rowan 71-68. With South Iredell 2nd then Carson 3rd. Now it’s tournament time. Good basketball action left to go.  

Heard North and East (boys) have been booted from conference tourney due to some kind of kerfuffle that took place in their game last night. So first round of tourney is rematch of last night's games. South vs Carson and West vs Statesville

Sign in to follow this