Sign in to follow this  
Chute Boxe Hero

East Montgomery at Randleman

Just got back from Kidd12's favorite place........

Well, there were basketball games played.  Randleman won both.  Comfortably.  

In the girls game, Taylor Gantt did a pretty good Jason Kidd imitation.  She dished out a ton of dimes and hit a few threes to boot.  The Tigers also used their size well on the inside and hit a plethora of putbacks.  In the guys game, I thought freshman Nyheim Lilly had a nice performance.  He's got some good strength.  He'll be a good, good player over the next few years.  Randleman did a very nice job of moving the ball and knocking down the open three.  They had quite a few guys get hot at various stretches.  

As for East.....well........both teams played like they were ready for the season to end.  I believe everyone's ready for Montgomery Central to crank up.  

I don't even want to know what EM's shooting percentage was for the boys game.  They weren't afraid to let it fly (but they should've been).  They threw up enough bricks to build seven houses.  At one point, a line from an old Beastie Boys song popped into my head...."would someone from the Knicks please drive the lane."  Substitute Eagles for Knicks.  

EM did have one guy who impressed me a little.  Junior guard Keyshon Ingram.  During one point in the game, Ingram made two consecutive steals on the near sideline.  On both steals, he showed off a nice mixture of quickness, coordination, and balance.  If he worked on his game really hard, he would be a pretty tough player to deal with.  

Absolutely dead atmosphere in the gym tonight.  Best thing tonight was the EM fans doing the "Cha-cha" in the stands.  

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this