Sign in to follow this  
GDG

Shelby head coaching position open

Rate this topic

I hear 98Champion has been in therapy since the rumor started. He’s terrified they will go back to the wing t. 

• Haha 3

GDG. We be in good hands. Dont see us going outside hasnt been Shelby way..norm its next man up..whoever gets this class should go deep or win it all..inless some leave...from what i hear though. The spread will be here for awhile

On 2/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, shelbyfan said:

GDG. We be in good hands. Dont see us going outside hasnt been Shelby way..norm its next man up..whoever gets this class should go deep or win it all..inless some leave...from what i hear though. The spread will be here for awhile

I agree that it has been next man up for Shelby, but there are some outside guys with significant ties to the area, whose names I've heard, so we'll see.  At least they'll have options. 

Let's 'speculate' for a moment if they were to look elsewhere, who would be some of the top names???

1. Aaron Brand (Vance)

2. Jamar McKoy (Huss)

3. Shane Laws (A.C. Reynolds)

4. Adrian Snow (West Forsyth)

5. Brett Chappell (Pisgah)

6. Joey Robinson (Mountain Heritage)

7. Bobby Carroll (York)

8. Dan Jones (Gaffney)

9. Mike Newsome (A.L. Brown)

10. Brandon Gentry (NW Cabarrus)

And ill agree all great coaches..

I think onething to look at is the system coach Ware put in place at Shelby. Something they dont want to change..The system fits our athletes.I truly belive our principal DA. Want go outside...could be wrong...coach Ware was coach and AD..i have heard they will seperate the 2..so im sure we'll have new AD too

I want a coach that runs a pass oriented offense, that pushes physical and aggressive football.  Want him to have a history of working and developing QBs.  Has a background with players that utilize speed and athleticism.  Needs a lot of experience.  Your number one meets all the criteria.  He also has a Shelby connection.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

I agree that it has been next man up for Shelby, but there are some outside guys with significant ties to the area, whose names I've heard, so we'll see.  At least they'll have options. 

Let's 'speculate' for a moment if they were to look elsewhere, who would be some of the top names???

1. Aaron Brand (Vance)

2. Jamar McKoy (Huss)

7. Bobby Carroll (York)

8. Dan Jones (Gaffney)

Interesting 

13 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

1. Aaron Brand (Vance)

2. Jamar McKoy (Huss)

7. Bobby Carroll (York)

8. Dan Jones (Gaffney)

I don't think Shane Laws would leave AC Reynolds, but it would be an absolute Grand Slam of a hire.  None of those coaches would be bad choices, but it would be fun to see Aaron Brand walking the sidelines of Shelby.  I think a lot of this is just fun speculation, because I feel like the new HC is already on the staff.

Shelby has never went wrong hiring from within. Looks like most people think they will do it again. I think Hollifield will get the AD job if he wants it. Who knows, maybe Devine comes back to SHELBY which is basically a family hire. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, GDG said:

Shelby has never went wrong hiring from within. Looks like most people think they will do it again. I think Hollifield will get the AD job if he wants it. Who knows, maybe Devine comes back to SHELBY which is basically a family hire. 

I've thought about that move as well, which certainly would make sense. 

14 hours ago, GDG said:

14 hours ago, Chris Hughes said:

I've thought about that move as well, which certainly would make sense. 

I don’t see him leaving his Alma mater. Maybe I’m just a homer but I just don’t see it. I think their next head coach is currently on staff.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 8:36 AM, Football Pride said:

I think it comes down to Coach Emory or Coach Devine. 

Nah if it’s from inside I’d bet the Hawn or  Wilbanks. Going outside would not surprise me.

On 2/18/2019 at 11:31 AM, GDG said:

I hear 98Champion has been in therapy since the rumor started. He’s terrified they will go back to the wing t. 

:D  LOL. Na, the precedent and system has been set.  It is proven.  Whoever takes over I would imagine will just continue exactly what Ware has put in place.  I mean we have people like Nepsy, I mean work7, and Wrigley coming down on the little boy thread. 

Whoever does take over is inheriting an absolutely loaded team.  We should "6 outta 7"-peat.  I hope that week 3 slot fills with one of those big boy schools.....wink, wink.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, '98 State Champion said:

:D  LOL. Na, the precedent and system has been set.  It is proven.  Whoever takes over I would imagine will just continue exactly what Ware has put in place.  I mean we have people like Nepsy, I mean work7, and Wrigley coming down on the little boy thread. 

Whoever does take over is inheriting an absolutely loaded team.  We should "6 outta 7"-peat.  I hope that week 3 slot fills with one of those big boy schools.....wink, wink.

Welcome back 98. What took you so long after I called for you? Who you got in the lead for the job?

Teams don't always respond to the new coach the same way they did to the old one, even if it is a inside hire. Sometimes the new guy gets the big head and wants to show everybody who's in charge. Sometimes it's the opposite, they haven't developed the nerve or dicipline to take charge. A lot of times with a new coach, kids will push back a little harder testing the water you might say. 

I'm not saying any of this will happen, y'all got a heck of a program over there. I'm just saying it's possible.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Teams don't always respond to the new coach the same way they did to the old one, even if it is a inside hire. Sometimes the new guy gets the big head and wants to show everybody who's in charge. Sometimes it's the opposite, they haven't developed the nerve or dicipline to take charge. A lot of times with a new coach, kids will push back a little harder testing the water you might say. 

I'm not saying any of this will happen, y'all got a heck of a program over there. I'm just saying it's possible.

When we hired inside after coach C retired it really hurt our program. Kids didn't believe in the coach and refused to play, thus our current lack of participation. I believe Shelby will be fine either way because football is such a priority, but from experience hiring inside isn't always whats best.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:45 PM, Chris Hughes said:

1. Aaron Brand (Vance)

2. Jamar McKoy (Huss)

7. Bobby Carroll (York)

8. Dan Jones (Gaffney)

Joey Robinson ..words can't describe the job he's done here at Mt Heritage glad to see him get a little recognition from someone as knowledgeable as you Chris...