Sign in to follow this  

New turf field at Kannapolis

OK. My second guess is now all the Cabarrus County HS FB programs can use this to have their fields turfed. You can not do for one and not the others. 

27 minutes ago, Glenn said:

OK. My second guess is now all the Cabarrus County HS FB programs can use this to have their fields turfed. You can not do for one and not the others. 

Kannapolis City and the Kannapolis City School System footed the largest part of the cost.  The school system decides how to use the funds they are allotted by the two counties just as Cabarrus Schools decide what to do with their county funds.

I understand what you are saying, but I can still see why all the Cabarrus County schools can make the argument that since Cabarrus County funds were used to fund the KTown  turf that Cabarrus County should provide funds for them to do that as well.

6 hours ago, twinpeeks said:

they are a petition to stop turf being put down because of graduation

Are they going to petition the “weather gods” if it rains?  

Move graduation to Intimidators Stadium.

I heard that they are building a new stadium downtown and they are going to change their name. Even though my two children live in the Concord area, I don't get much information from them in terms of what is going on. 

They will be in their new stadium next year in downtown. They are talking about changing their name and a lot of people don't like it.

15 hours ago, 84k said:

They will be in their new stadium next year in downtown. They are talking about changing their name and a lot of people don't like it.

Theresa Earnhardt owns the right to the Intimidator's name. The city can't make money off it.

I am not a racing fan and know nothing about it so I have no idea what the term Intimidator means. But, I neve knew what a Wonder was either.

46 minutes ago, Glenn said:

I am not a racing fan and know nothing about it so I have no idea what the term Intimidator means. But, I neve knew what a Wonder was either.

The late Dale Earnhardt was known as the “Intimidator”

58 minutes ago, Glenn said:

What I Hear most often Story Goes that when they opened up Brown the school was small and everybody WONDER how would they field a football team. And that's how they got the nickname the Wonders.