Rate this topic

2 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Who is this ? And ik I seen someone else say Minor would be good but I’m sure Ponder gets it if he currently on staff n all 

He's currently on the staff and has been at West for awhile. He left whenever they hired Sain over him, went to Burns then came back. Good coach that would do well at West. I think with Minor close by they at least give him an interview though. Dynamics at West aren't much different from Foard though. 

• Like 1

Best wishes to Coach Sain. I have only had two conversations with him while attending wrestling matches. Both were very enlightening. Great guy who supported all the sports at the school, especially wrestling. Also congrats to the West Lincoln Wrestling on their blowout win for the North Carolina 2A Dual Championship Title. 4th school wrestling title. 

• Like 2

I go Minor over Ponder. Success is proven in a similar program right down the road. Understands what it takes to win in that type of community. 

It may come down to who has a teaching position to make a hire first. It sounds like on another thread that Coach Minor is interested in the W Caldwell job. If that’s the case whichever school hires the position first may get him. 

4 hours ago, fornow said:

It may come down to who has a teaching position to make a hire first. It sounds like on another thread that Coach Minor is interested in the W Caldwell job. If that’s the case whichever school hires the position first may get him. 

Ponder is already at the school and I know that a lot of folks are pushing for him to get the job. I think he would be a great head coach to be honest. Obviously Minor being so close by will force them to at least take a look and interview but the way things work at West Lincoln is very... unique. 

3 hours ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Ponder is already at the school and I know that a lot of folks are pushing for him to get the job. I think he would be a great head coach to be honest. Obviously Minor being so close by will force them to at least take a look and interview but the way things work at West Lincoln is very... unique. 

Ponder was on Coach Beam’s staff with Coach Pack at Burns and Newton-Conover for several years. He left Burns for West Lincoln, then went to Newton, then back to West Lincoln. He was our AD at Burns for one year. He turned down an opportunity last year to be Newton-Conover’s head coach after being named interim coach after Matt resigned. Good man. 

It turns out that Coach Sain’s daughter who is a teacher at West Lincoln, has been my neighbor for the past year or so. Just made that connection two days ago when my dad told me. I already knew she taught at West Lincoln but didn’t know exactly who she was. Such a small world.