Sign in to follow this  
GDG

State Dual Title Winners

1A- Uwharrie over Robbinsville

2A- West Lincoln over Croatan

3A- St. Stephens over Cape Fear

4A- Northwest Guildford over Laney

West Lincoln won big 60-14. West Lincoln or Newton have won every title since 2013.

St. Stephens won its first title in school history even having a great teams almost every year under Billy Baker.

Uwharrie is a Charter school. I assume this is the first Charter to ever win a title. 1A schools may need to be concerned in this sport also. The school has only been open 4 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Knights said:

It is the first team dual Championship for them. They won the individual team title last year. 

You 1A guys are getting screwed big time. It’s time for 1A board members to pressure the other board members and put the brakes on this issue. Sounds like a lack of cohesiveness among the small schools or pure lack of real leadership by those with power.

• Like 1

I think Avery may be real tough for awhile. Could have 3 state champions this year that will be freshman. There a 8th grader coming next year that is going to be really good. They got some really good 7th graders. A lot the kids that were in the dog town wrestling club will be coming up. Hopefully they can get a full team.

• Like 2

106 might go to Robbinsville if thats one of the weights u speak of.

I hope Avery can beat ua next year. We will probably be down. We have 8 or 9 seniors thas year.

I think ur guy beat us twice. 1 by tech the other was a major i think. Our guy won the last one by 2 i think. Could go either way.

We have 2 really good freshmen and a top 5 in nation 7th grader. 

I know about the 7th grader. My friend I wrestled with knows some people and the coach from Robbinsville.The 8th grader coming up for Avery has a chance to be really good.

The 106 pounders should be fun to watch over the next 2 weeks.

Knights the 106 bracket looks like it will be a good one. East Surry kid is 21-0 and the Elkin kid is 42-0. The Avery kid will have to get past the Elkin kid probably and the Robbinsville kid will have to get past the East Surry kid if they want to meet in the regional finals. The brackets are up on trackwrestling.

• Like 1

Knights wonder what happened to East Surry 106 pounder.Your guy has a kid from Cherokee in the semis. Avery kid has the Elkin kid. Should be a good match.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:50 AM, Knights said:

We had 8 make it.

Avery had 10

Wow. Domination by both teams. Those are big high numbers. Good luck and glad to see Avery rebound after some tough low seasons. I can remember when Avery was an every year threat.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:04 AM, Knights said:

8 is a record for Rville. 

I was thinking 9 or 10 but one kid got stuck after leading 9-0 most of the match.

Newton had 8 qualifiers this year. In 2014 when my son last wrestled they qualified 12 kids. That’s the record for N-C that should never be broken. Parkland holds the record for most ever as every kid qualified with 14 and the won both titles that year.