Sign in to follow this  
Chute Boxe Hero

Eastern Alamance at Northern Guilford (2/1)

Headin' over to Mr. Roscoe's former stomping grounds tonight.to get a second look at EA.  The Eagles are 18-0 at the moment but have had quite a few close calls.  Also going to see what the NG girls are looking like P.C. (Post Cunane).  Could be an interesting night. 

Alright, back to this one.......

Great, great between the girls teams.  Back and forth, toe-to-toe, the entire way.  With the game tied at 42, EA has the ball with around ten seconds left. They find senior guard Akela Morrison on the left side.  Morrison sizes up her defender, gets a step on her, has a wide open lane to the rim, attacks it, throws up a left-handed floater, and it rims in as time expires.  The EA team and fans erupt in jubilation.  It was awesome for Morrison, as she had had a rough game up to that point.  

Despite the heartbreaking loss, I thought that NG's Stephanie Chandler had a magnificent performance.  The senior point guard hit some big threes/buckets and had quite a few steals. 

Main thing to take away is this.......NG's not much of a threat this year (state-wise).  They might be able to win a first-round game.....but that's about it.  If they go second round/beyond, I'll be extremely surprised.  

The guys game was close for a little while.  NG put up a valiant effort.  However, EA's defense and big man Na'Zae Baltimore soon took its toll on the Nighthawks.  EA was outstanding defending the passing lanes.  Guard LJ Rogers, in particular, was a terror on defense.  Baltimore established his dominance early on.  He carved out space in the paint and he ate.  On both ends of the floor.  He's got some quick hands too. 

The Eagles also got some outstanding minutes from Evan Mann and tall Jordan Byrd.  Mann did a great job handling the basketball.  Byrd, who I don't think played at all against Williams, had some big baskets.  

Northern played alright though.  Just couldn't quite match EAs size/athleticism.  I think freshman guard Jackson Helms is going to have a nice career at Northern. 

Sign in to follow this