Sign in to follow this  
Chute Boxe Hero

TW Andrews at Wheatmore

It was slim pickins last night.  Figured this would be the best option out of the bunch.  

Well.......at least I got a fairly competitive girls game.  TWA won 56-47.  They really frustrated Wheatmore with their full court pressure.  They also killed the Warriors on the boards.  Wheatmore made a furious comeback in the fourth quarter.  However, they couldn't quite close the gap due to the fact that TWA did a nice job of hitting their free throws.  

I really enjoyed the play of TWA's Jeriel Nesbitt.  She was fast and aggressive on defense, fast and versatile on offense.  In all honesty, she might be one of the most underrated players in Guilford County.  I also liked what I saw out of TWA's main center (#23) (sorry, don't know the name).  She's got pretty good size, mobility, and showed off a nice pair of hands.  

As for the boys game.....it can be summed up in two words: Gavin Rains.  Rains was judge, jury, and executioner last night.  His performance was Chamberlain-esque.  He had to have/be around the double-digits in blocks.  He also altered about a gazillion shots.  Oh yeah....and he also found time to nail a few threes, hit some easy bunnies inside, and throw down two awesome dunks.  Austin Biggs had a strong game on the inside to complement Rains' marvelous performance.  Wheatmore jumped out to a 35-12 lead and set the cruise control  Final ended up being 71-40. 

Despite their struggles, I did like watching TWA's Avery Jones and Kennel Barrett.  Barrett's a feisty guard that never stopped competing on both ends of the floor.  Jones stands around 6-4 and has a good frame.  He can do a little bit of everything for the Red Raiders.  I think he can play small college ball.  He just had a tough matchup last night against Mr. Rains. 

Sign in to follow this