Sign in to follow this  
Don Hines

3A West Regionals gonna be tough

Ladies 3a west,,, think about this,,,9 out of top 11 teams ranked by max preps are in Asheville area or the NPC....seeding for this scenario gonna be brutal

• Like 1

I highly, highly doubt Eastern Alamance will be in the West. Williams will go West before those guys.  

I'm really interested to see where the East-West cutoff line will be.  There are a lot of good teams around the Triad.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, npcfan said:

honorable mention...Hickory, Southern Guilford? 

Speaking of Southern Guilford......they travel to the Haunted House* to take on Williams tonight.  First place/conference title could be at stake.  Williams won the first meeting 79-72. 

*I call Williams' gym the Haunted House because it is the darkest, spookiest gym I've ever been in.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, npcfan said:

Ladies 3a west,,, think about this,,,9 out of top 11 teams ranked by max preps are in Asheville area or the NPC....seeding for this scenario gonna be brutal

Dang.  We might see a "North Piedmont/Western Mountain Challenge" in the later rounds.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 10:11 AM, Don Hines said:

SW Guilford whooped NW Guilford 90-66

Yeah, the Cowboys started creating some distance once the second half got underway.  Jayden Turner hit a three at the buzzer to end the first half and then came out and continued his torrid play after the break.  He and Christian Martin had monster games.  Martin hit some big threes in the first quarter.  They also got great minutes from Milli Huggins and Joel Pettiford.  Of course, the Langley brothers did what the Langley brothers do.  SW just has so many freaking weapons to account for. 

Northwest did put up a pretty good fight in the first half.  Christian Hampton got his groove back. He hit a couple of threes and had a few easy layups.  He's one of the few guards around that match the Langleys in athleticism.  Big man Dean Reiber also had a decent game.  However, you could tell that the speed of SW really bothered him. 

Actually, the speed and length of SW on defense bothered the entire Viking troop.  Gotta play turnover-free basketball to have a chance at beating these Cowboys.....and NW didn't do it.  Also doesn't help that one of NW's best young players transferred out last month.  NW is still a good, good ballclub.  I do, however, feel like they'll have trouble against the Charlotte area teams. 

Of course, in the 3A ranks I feel like it's Cox Mill, SW Guilford, then everyone else...........

Edited by Chute Boxe Hero
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Chute Boxe Hero said:

Yeah, the Cowboys started creating some distance once the second half got underway.  Jayden Turner hit a three at the buzzer to end the first half and then came out and continued his torrid play after the break.  He and Christian Martin had monster games.  Martin hit some big threes in the first quarter.  They also got great minutes from Milli Huggins and Joel Pettiford.  Of course, the Langley brothers did what the Langley brothers do.  SW just has so many freaking weapons to account for. 

Northwest did put up a pretty good fight in the first half.  Christian Hampton got his groove back. He hit a couple of threes and had a few easy layups.  He's one of the few guards around that match the Langleys in athleticism.  Big man Dean Reiber also had a decent game.  However, you could tell that the speed of SW really bothered him. 

Actually, the speed and length of SW on defense bothered the entire Viking troop.  Gotta play turnover-free basketball to have a chance at beating these Cowboys.....and NW didn't do it.  Also doesn't help that one of NW's best young players transferred out last month.  NW is still a good, good ballclub.  I do, however, feel like they'll have trouble against the Charlotte area teams. 

Of course, in the 3A ranks I feel like it's Cox Mill, SW Guilford, then everyone else...........

Look like Freedom should be added to the list that could make it to the regional. I see that they are 19-1 overall rank 6th in 3A. it will be interesting to see if SW Guilford end up going to 3A East or West. Now I do believe that Cox Mill is overall the best team in the 3A follow by everyone else..They dealt with foul trouble last Tuesday against Northwest Cabarrus they still win that game by 14 points. The scary part about Cox Mill if you are in the 3A they are probably better then last year championship team.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:38 AM, npcfan said:

Wonder if they would win 4a also? 

They probably could.  They'd have to go through the likes of North Meck, Indy, West Charlotte, though.  Then probably face a Millbrook or South Central for the title.  Much, much tougher road. 

Sign in to follow this