Sign in to follow this  
Knights

1a dual team wrestling playoffs

Round 1------------------------------Round 2---------

At Mitchell 

#1 Robbinsville 

W/C Mitchell (26)---------

---------------------------------------#1 Alleghany (20)

At East Wilkes

#2 Bradford Prep (24)------

W/C East Wilkes (55)-----W/C East Wilkes (36)

-----------------------------------------------#1Mt. Airy (48)-------------#1 Mt. Airy

At Cherryville 

#2 Swain (50)------------------#2 Swain (70)-------------------------#2 Swain

W/C East Surry (30)--------

-------------------------------------#1 Cherryville(12)

At Avery

#2 South Stokes(48)-------#2 South Stokes(27)

W/C Rosman (18) ------------

-------------------------------------------#1 Avery (45)---------------------#1 Avery

Mountain schools closed today as of 6:00am. Snow falling. Looks like the playoffs will be delayed. These knuckleheads haven’t realized they need at least a week buffer at least for bad weather in playoffs, regionals, and state individuals. Always in a rush to end wrestling.

Edited by GDG

7 hours ago, Knights said:

Delayed until Wednesday 

Wrestle Wednesday two matches, Thursday two matches, and then maybe travel up to 350 miles for the championship. Pure BS. The whole playoffs in 4 days. Shows how much they at the association care about wrestling. No press or build up like the five weeks in football. 

19 sites meaning 76 teams did not wrestle tonight. This is because if a site had a team coming from a western area, it was a no go. Cancellations extended to mid state at sites.

Robbinsville lost. 36-30 something. Who knows. Refs took points from us over and over. Refs disqualified us at 285.

Thats what beat us. 

Ive never seen them call grabbing the head gear before. Thats what we got disqualified for at 285. We forfeited 126. Thats 12 points handed to them.

Im proud of our knights. If we played by the same set of rules as charter we would be 3 time state champs. I cant wait for 2a to start getting dominated by the advantaged schools. Something might get done then. 

I think we take a step back next year like real schools do. 

Just venting a little. Go knights

15 hours ago, Knights said:

Ive never seen them call grabbing the head gear before. Thats what we got disqualified for at 285. We forfeited 126. Thats 12 points handed to them.

Im proud of our knights. If we played by the same set of rules as charter we would be 3 time state champs. I cant wait for 2a to start getting dominated by the advantaged schools. Something might get done then. 

I think we take a step back next year like real schools do. 

Just venting a little. Go knights

Was there a warning before the disqualification?

I think so but the kid did as he always does. I never seen him called for it before.  I just know the refs keep taking points. 

I found out that the ref used to coach at Cherokee which is in our conference. 

Sign in to follow this