Sign in to follow this  
npcfan

Davie boys

Saw Davie boys last night , and yes it was against a weak North Iredell team but I was impressed. They play a very good all around game and have all the tools. 6'8" center Owen Mcormack is athletic for his height. Also has 3 point range and made a couple of those. They also have several guards and wings that are quick and can shoot with long range. They seem to all play well as a team and focused on the team not individuals. I know they are not a Cox Mill or anything like that but thought they are a pretty good all around team! 

• Like 2

I saw Davie a few weeks back against NW Guilford.  McCormack was hurting them on the pick-and-pop.  Unfortunately for Davie, he got into early foul trouble and it hampered his effectiveness a little. 

The War Eagles impressed me with their scrappiness that night.  Especially point guard Troy Griggs.  I thought Davie was done after the first quarter.  But they scratched, clawed, and got back in. 

Davie's biggest problems that night were A) they were colder than a polar bear's toenails from the floor and B.....they had no answer for Christian Hampton.  Hampton flat put on a show.  With the score tied at 42, he hit a couple of back-to-back threes that gave NW some breathing room.  

seemed like last night their guards could not miss. The guards also are not afraid to drive to the whole. They shot well from outside last night.

Sign in to follow this