BYE

Week 6: Monroe

Week 7: @Weddington

Week 8: @Sun Valley 

Week 9: Piedmont 

Week 10: @Parkwood 

Week 11: Cuthbertson 

Week 12: @Marvin Ridge 

Side note, Good Counsel and Archbishop Rummel are home and homes, so in 2020 locations will flip. 

Yep Catholic ought to be allowed to compete with NC public schools. I can't imagine anybody complaining, they are just like everybody else. There isn't a school in 3A that can't afford to send their football team to Maryland one year and Louisiana the next. 

2 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Yep Catholic ought to be allowed to compete with NC public schools. I can't imagine anybody complaining, they are just like everybody else. There isn't a school in 3A that can't afford to send their football team to Maryland one year and Louisiana the next. 

Really dude? Like really? You’re going to come at us with that? How do you know that Good Counsel and Rummel aren’t helping us pay to get there? You don’t know that because you don’t know anything about our program. 

You’re an arm chair quarterback who thinks you know this and that, when the reality is far different from whatever is in your head. We work hard and parents sacrifice a ton to send their kids here. 

Take your loser mentality and kick rocks. We want to be the best and our schedule reflects that, but you can sit down and shut your mouth because you don’t know what you’re talking about. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Mallard Creek and Vance have quite a bit less money than Catholic.  They were each in talks to go to the GA / Florida border a few years ago to play a GA national power.  Very close to happening.

When Gonzaga (DC) came to Mallard Creek they received very little compensation.  MC draws less than South Point.

Think about it like this.  Catholic pulls a good home crowd versus the Maryland school and does not give them any money.  They just covered their trip.

7 hours ago, btango said:

Mallard Creek and Vance have quite a bit less money than Catholic.  They were each in talks to go to the GA / Florida border a few years ago to play a GA national power.  Very close to happening.

When Gonzaga (DC) came to Mallard Creek they received very little compensation.  MC draws less than South Point.

Think about it like this.  Catholic pulls a good home crowd versus the Maryland school and does not give them any money.  They just covered their trip.

Think you are thinking about CC/Gonzaga in 2013

You are correct Mr. Catholic, I don't know anything about your program. I am pretty sure at least 1/2 the 3A PUBLIC schools in the state, probably more like 2/3, could not afford to send their football team on those type trips, nor could their parents. I know there will never be a level playing field. There will always be haves and have nots. There will always be inequalities in the system. Private schools, charter schools and the like draw players and money from traditional puplic schools. I applaud the privates for the educational experience they offer the kids. I'm sure education is the primary reason for their existence. And yes, you guys do football right, better than any other 3A school in the state. 

I don't hate Catholic, I don't hate their players or their coaches. I do however believe they have built-in advantages others don't and will never have.  Congratulations on your state title in 2018. I don't think 2019 will be much different except for that out of state trip of course.

9 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

You are correct Mr. Catholic, I don't know anything about your program. I am pretty sure at least 1/2 the 3A PUBLIC schools in the state, probably more like 2/3, could not afford to send their football team on those type trips, nor could their parents. I know there will never be a level playing field. There will always be haves and have nots. There will always be inequalities in the system. Private schools, charter schools and the like draw players and money from traditional puplic schools. I applaud the privates for the educational experience they offer the kids. I'm sure education is the primary reason for their existence. And yes, you guys do football right, better than any other 3A school in the state. 

I don't hate Catholic, I don't hate their players or their coaches. I do however believe they have built-in advantages others don't and will never have.  Congratulations on your state title in 2018. I don't think 2019 will be much different except for that out of state trip of course.

What does being able to go play an out of state team have to do with anything? Oh right, nothing! You don’t know the details of the contract or anything else. Just because your school doesn’t try to schedule out of state schools doesn’t mean we have an advantage because we do. 

Justification, rationalization, excuse there are many words to describe the reasoning behind ones defense of a theory. 

I'm sure if I could afford to send my son to school there and he was able to make the football team, I would probably be in agreement with you on this issue. But as someone told me on a different thread a few months ago, "ain't it great we all have different opinions." Wouldn't life be boring if we all thought the same way. Again Mr. Catholic, I don't hate you or your program. I just think the rules should be such that, Charlotte Catholic High School and all other privately funded schools participate in the leagues that have been  created for them. 

Sorry I pissed you off again, not my intention. I guess I need to stay on the 2A thread and continue to hate on Shelby. 

5 hours ago, Catholic said:

Think you are thinking about CC/Gonzaga in 2013

My bad.  Actually I meant McDonogh (Maryland) which played Mallard Creek in 2015.  Think it was 2015. 

41 minutes ago, btango said:

My bad.  Actually I meant McDonogh (Maryland) which played Mallard Creek in 2015.  Think it was 2015. 

That’s right, I forgot about that

6 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

This is the same argument I hear from all of my friends who are CC haters.  Just show just how close minded they are.  

Come on Harrington, your just being nice. Tell me what you really think.

How is having an opinion contrary to yours, closed minded?  South Point is 2A right now. They may move back up to 3A next realignment, I don't know. As of now they don't have to face Catholic and if they did they would probably lose.  It's not about how "my team" would do against them. It's about the traditional public schools out there. If you've never been, take a trip to South Gastonia. How do the facilities at Huss compare with those at Catholic. I don't know, but I expect there is a difference in the salaries of the coaching staff as well. I could go on but it's like politics, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.

30 minutes ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Come on Harrington, your just being nice. Tell me what you really think.

How is having an opinion contrary to yours, closed minded?  South Point is 2A right now. They may move back up to 3A next realignment, I don't know. As of now they don't have to face Catholic and if they did they would probably lose.  It's not about how "my team" would do against them. It's about the traditional public schools out there. If you've never been, take a trip to South Gastonia. How do the facilities at Huss compare with those at Catholic. I don't know, but I expect there is a difference in the salaries of the coaching staff as well. I could go on but it's like politics, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine.

Our weightroom is smaller and older than every school I’ve seen. Our racks were bought in 2001. Teaching salaries in Catholic schools in Charlotte are lower than CMS so you can deduce coach stipends from that. Also we don’t have our own tennis courts or our own baseball field. We have to rent out fields. Also, Huss had an auxiliary gym which we dont have oh and have one practice field for all sports outside of the game field. So again you’re wrong. 

Ok, I give up, you belong. I don't see how you are able to keep uniforms on the poor kids. You guys must do more with less, than any school in the state. 

2 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Ok, I give up, you belong. I don't see how you are able to keep uniforms on the poor kids. You guys must do more with less, than any school in the state. 

Catholic does a hell-of-a-lot with a hell-of-a-lot less than others.  Their booster raise most of the money they get.  The Charlotte Diocese is none too free with the dollars for athletics. Catholic is a good one to have on your schedule.  Their fans support is as good as it gets.  A home team playing Catholic will have a good gate.  Brings to mind a quote  by Ric Flair.  "To be the best you have to eat the best".  This one gets with Catholic.

I don't care what you say, I ain't gonna eat em. I know they are good, even I wouldn't question that. Reguardless, I still don't think they should be playing in the NCHSAA. As usual, nobody gives a rats butt about what I think, but I am entitled to my opinion.  

It is fun getting Mr. Catholic stirred up from time to time though. There must be a little truth in what I'm saying or Mr. Catholic wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it.

22 minutes ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

I wish CLT would let the Private schools  play Public bc I think Vance vs Country day or Catholic vs North Meck or something would be good but ik it won’t happen 

What's the rule with that, because MC has played Catholic twice and Charlotte Christian once.??

3 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

I don't care what you say, I ain't gonna eat em. I know they are good, even I wouldn't question that. Reguardless, I still don't think they should be playing in the NCHSAA. As usual, nobody gives a rats butt about what I think, but I am entitled to my opinion.  

It is fun getting Mr. Catholic stirred up from time to time though. There must be a little truth in what I'm saying or Mr. Catholic wouldn't get so bent out of shape about it.

That dog don't hunt.  Catholic has been a NCHSAA member longer than South Point.  People that get beat by then always go back to that rationale.  Windsor Eagle from Salisbury tried it and failed.  They say they recruit.  So just why does CC win with average athletes?  Solid fundamentals, above average intelligence and great coaching.  Just look on the field.  There are not a bunch of prima donnas out there, just a bunch of good HS athletes doing their jobs without a lot of flash.  They take pride in what they do.  Yes, I'm a Charlotte Catholic fan.  They do things the right way.  They also have the best concession stand in Meck. County (not counting the  fish sandwiches at West Charlotte).

2 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

But Those are on Saturday correct 

To my knowledge u can’t unless it on a Saturday

The day has nothing to do with it.

Catholic can play any team in CMS as Catholic is a member of the NCHSAA.  They played South Meck and Ardrey Kell the last several years non conference and had played other CMS teams in the past non conference.

CMS does not allow their schools to play schools that are not a member of the state association unless it is in a tournament or some type of event with a promoter.  I do think if the schools requested it they would be allowed to play.  This rule has remained from years ago as the Big Four (Christian, Country Day, Latin, and Providence) provide financial aid to athletes and at one time allowed reclassification of the student's class (a rising junior could repeat his sophomore year as an example).  The Big Four did away with reclassifing but still provide "scholarships" which they claim is a way to assist with diversity within the student body.  Personally, I think CMS should allow them to schedule non conference with any school they wish.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

No I got bent out of shape because you came on here claiming that just because we have two out of state games that we dont belong. Then assumed how much our coaches make and I had to prove you wrong again and put you in your place. 

I walk the halls at Catholic almost everyday I think I know what really goes on, but yeah you’re right. You, a guy who obviously hasn’t stepped on Catholic’s campus knows our secrets. 

The rules for CMS not playing private schools began with desegregation. Some of the private schools were created as busing began and CMS officials decided not to play private schools especially new ones that were taking students.

• Like 1

There appeared to be a thawing about twenty years ago.  Then Garinger made it to the state basketball title game led by a freshman PG.  He ten ended up at P Day the next year...as a reclassified freshman.

The Big Four announced several years ago they would no longer reclassify.  Many felt this was a first step in trying to schedule CMS teams.  Many think it is better for CMS not to give them that “in” by scheduling the privates.