MHHS09

Way too early WHC predictions...

Rate this topic

Seeing as basketball might be a bit of a one team show in the WHC this year I figured I’d start an early football thread to see what everyone has got coming back, Here’s my not so informed predictions

1-2 Heritage and Mitchell, still think these two are top dogs in 2019, while I think Mitchell might be returning a little more talent I think they take back seat to Heritage until they prove otherwise.

3 Polk, after polks impressive post season run I think there is a lot to be optimistic about for the wolverines

4 Owen, should be improved this year but i’d Give the edge to Polk in coaching

5-6 Madison and Avery, both have nowhere to go but up, not sure how either will look this year

1 Mitchell

This should be the Mountaineers best season to date, barring injuries and other schools recruiting our studs.

2 Mountain Heritage

The Coogs return a little less than the Mountaineers, but should have a dandy season.

3 Owen

The Warhorses are headed in the right direction, and return almost everyone. Could challenge Heritage for #2

4 Avery

The Vikings are hitting the weight room and should be a little stronger up front this season. Troy Hoilman is a gunslinger, and if the o line can get up to snuff, Avery could be a darkhorse.

5 Polk

The Wolverines had to battle thru alot more adversity than any highschool team should have to, and made it to the 3rd round. They dont return much talent, and last years JV was terrible, but Ollis can make chicken salad out of chicken $#!+, so....

6 Madison

Its Madison, they will never get out of their own way and become succsessful.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 12:11 PM, Mitchell county mountie said:

1 Mitchell

This should be the Mountaineers best season to date, barring injuries and other schools recruiting our studs.

2 Mountain Heritage

The Coogs return a little less than the Mountaineers, but should have a dandy season.

3 Owen

The Warhorses are headed in the right direction, and return almost everyone. Could challenge Heritage for #2

4 Avery

The Vikings are hitting the weight room and should be a little stronger up front this season. Troy Hoilman is a gunslinger, and if the o line can get up to snuff, Avery could be a darkhorse.

5 Polk

The Wolverines had to battle thru alot more adversity than any highschool team should have to, and made it to the 3rd round. They dont return much talent, and last years JV was terrible, but Ollis can make chicken salad out of chicken $#!+, so....

6 Madison

Its Madison, they will never get out of their own way and become succsessful.

I could see it happen, but I’d still flip Polk with Avery, like you said making chicken salad out of chicken s*** lol

1. UGH...Until someone beats them Heritage. 

2. To steal from MCM. This should/could be the Mountaineers best season to date, barring injuries and other schools recruiting our studs.

3. Owen, they won't stay down for much longer.

3a. Polk. Playoff run should build confidence 

5. Can Avery replace McCallum (not sure of spelling), if so they could be improved.

6. Madison.

On a side note, anyone know who is replacing RS Central on the Mitchell schedule?

20 hours ago, wncbowhunter said:

1. UGH...Until someone beats them Heritage. 

2. To steal from MCM. This should/could be the Mountaineers best season to date, barring injuries and other schools recruiting our studs.

3. Owen, they won't stay down for much longer.

3a. Polk. Playoff run should build confidence 

5. Can Avery replace McCallum (not sure of spelling), if so they could be improved.

6. Madison.

On a side note, anyone know who is replacing RS Central on the Mitchell schedule?

i know murphy had an open date that weekend, talk about a regular season slobberknocker!

2 hours ago, Mitchell county mountie said:

i know murphy had an open date that weekend, talk about a regular season slobberknocker!

I know heritage picked up Pisgah for next year, if I was my40 I'd go ahead and book that one and if murphy and mitchell plays that one has game of the year implications written all over it.

• Like 1

My Owen buddies tell me Saevion Gibbs is transferring back to Owen from Christ School next week. He started at Owen his freshman year on the OL/DL. That will help for them for sure up front. 

• Like 3

Been hearing that for a while.  He along with another kid who started on the line as a freshmen with him that was ineligible last year will boost the size up front.  We were already gonna be strong there but now we will be very good up front.  With all the linemen next year pee wee herman would look good at rb.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 8:46 PM, Rocket said:

My Owen buddies tell me Saevion Gibbs is transferring back to Owen from Christ School next week. He started at Owen his freshman year on the OL/DL. That will help for them for sure up front. 

He won linemen of the year as a freshmen.  He is that good.

Heritage basketball plays at Mitchell tonight, could potentially be our toughest conference test to date no matter what Mitchell’s record is they typically give us fits in at least one game every year.

10 hours ago, MHHS09 said:

Heritage basketball plays at Mitchell tonight, could potentially be our toughest conference test to date no matter what Mitchell’s record is they typically give us fits in at least one game every year.

Yeah, not so much so. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Owen Stampede said:

It really is.  Not just he is back but we are on our way back if not back.  I expect 6-8 wins this year.

I dont know what Owen's schedule is, but 7-4 isn't out of the realm of reality. 

@ Mitchell, @ Mountain Heritage, and @ Hendersonville will all be tough games next year.

Western highlands is wide open this season in my opinion. 

This should be mitchell year, but still think heritage has more athletes . Heritage, mitchell or even owen can take it.

9 hours ago, ford2018 said:

Western highlands is wide open this season in my opinion. 

This should be mitchell year, but still think heritage has more athletes . Heritage, mitchell or even owen can take it. 

Heritage loses some good players but, just like the last couple of years they will reload, still think it comes down to Heritage or Mitchell unless Owen or Polk have improved alot, I'd like to see the conference improve as a whole usually when teams get put through the gauntlet they are better prepared come playoff time