Sign in to follow this  
Don Hines

2019 NCHSAA Basketball Regionals moving

NCHSAA and the Hickory Metro Sports Commission (HMSC) are pleased to announce a return to Hickory of the NCHSAA’s Western Regional Basketball Finals for 2019 at Lenoir-Rhyne University’s Shuford Memorial Gymnasium and at Catawba Valley Community College’s Tarlton Complex.

Good move geographically.  See how it works out logistically.  Think this will improve attendance.

Wake Forest had decided to not allow them to use LJ that weekend due to WF could not schedule a home game.

For selfish reasons, I hate it. 

For unselfish/logical reasons, it was a great move.  

Going back to Hickory for the first time since 2002.  I kinda hate they won't use East Burke's gym though.  That was a cool venue.

I love that they’re in Hickory.  But just once I’d like to see the NCHSAA play the western regionals in Charlotte, possibly at the Old Coliseum. 

23 minutes ago, Chris Hughes said:

I love that they’re in Hickory.  But just once I’d like to see the NCHSAA play the western regionals in Charlotte, possibly at the Old Coliseum. 

I am suprise that the NCHSAA didn't reach out to Davidson college as well to UNC Charlotte to see about hosting the regional in this particular location. My main concern with hosting it in Hickory as it was in Greensboro is that since the arena are relatively small fans wont be able to stay in and watch all 4 games.