Sign in to follow this  
MooresvilleDevil06

2019 Bold Predictions

Rate this topic

Happy New Years to everyone... and with a new year comes new opportunities for everyone! What are some bold predictions you guys have for next season... whether it be an “out of no where” champion (for lack of a better term), surprise conference finishes... good or bad... etc?

my bold prediction, Hopewell will not only win a game or 2, they will not finish bottom of the Imeck. I really like the staff they have in place.

Happy New Years to everyone as well. The I Meck will be stacked again. I could see Mooresville having another good season. I think Scotland and Richmond will do well again for next season. 

2 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

Happy New Years to everyone as well. The I Meck will be stacked again. I could see Mooresville having another good season. I think Scotland and Richmond will do well again for next season. 

I think it’s going to be interesting for us.... losing 18 starters. Gonna be young.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MooresvilleDevil06 said:

I think it’s going to be interesting for us.... losing 18 starters. Gonna be young.

I think you are wrong here.  More like 18 seniors and not all were starters.  We played a lot of young kids.

5 hours ago, Rick Harrington said:

I think you are wrong here.  More like 18 seniors and not all were starters.  We played a lot of young kids.

Wouldn’t be surprised... that number came from the Statesville R&L so you could be right lol. But we certainly will be very inexperienced to start next year for sure. 

We did lose 18 Seniors but only maybe 5-8 or so them were starters....give or take 

One thing is : JV wasnt as strong n they didnt not run the same thing as Varsity n im sure many things contribute to the lack of success n such for the JVs. 

We did start some younger player so that will be beneficial but What will we RUN offensively this year, what will we run Defensively this yr as Mr. Wells like to ADJUST to the talent he has. I think next year we will take a slight step back from this past season but I think where it will start is WEIGHT ROOM! If we can do well there, we could do well this upcoming season. JUST MY OPINION! 

On 1/1/2019 at 6:58 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

We did lose 18 Seniors but only maybe 5-8 or so them were starters....give or take 

One thing is : JV wasnt as strong n they didnt not run the same thing as Varsity n im sure many things contribute to the lack of success n such for the JVs. 

We did start some younger player so that will be beneficial but What will we RUN offensively this year, what will we run Defensively this yr as Mr. Wells like to ADJUST to the talent he has. I think next year we will take a slight step back from this past season but I think where it will start is WEIGHT ROOM! If we can do well there, we could do well this upcoming season. JUST MY OPINION! 

How can any program expect success and not run the same sets from JV to V?..... That's questionable to say the least.

11 minutes ago, SPRedRaider said:

How can any program expect success and not run the same sets from JV to V?..... That's questionable to say the least.

They may have run the same offense on JV, but used it in different ways from varsity based on what they had. May have thrown way more than on varsity or visa versa. Either way, I don't think they'd run a different offense on JV, that doesn't make any sense. Might just be a fan's observation not knowing the offense as the coaches/players do and assuming they are two different offenses. 

• Like 1

This coach dances to a different drummer.  He designs his offence around his personnel and adapts it to his available talent. If SPRedraider can figure Thad Wells out. he's in the wrong business - He should be a DC.

21 hours ago, Catholic said:

They may have run the same offense on JV, but used it in different ways from varsity based on what they had. May have thrown way more than on varsity or visa versa. Either way, I don't think they'd run a different offense on JV, that doesn't make any sense. Might just be a fan's observation not knowing the offense as the coaches/players do and assuming they are two different offenses. 

Our JV couldnt pass and most of time ran the ball which Varsity PASSED more than JV so BIG DIFFERENCE in RUNNING More n Passing More but I think its was based on Personal as This coach adjust to his players and will use what works 

18 hours ago, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Our JV couldnt pass and most of time ran the ball which Varsity PASSED more than JV so BIG DIFFERENCE in RUNNING More n Passing More but I think its was based on Personal as This coach adjust to his players and will use what works 

That does not mean it is a different offense. It means different plays were used in the same offense. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Catholic said:

That does not mean it is a different offense. It means different plays were used in the same offense. 

Similar base offense. Different players therefore different plays used. This much I can confirm. JV had a mobile athletic QB where his arm wasn’t his strength. Varsity has a less mobile pocket passer style type of QB. 

This question may apply to those who keep up in the Scotland n Richmond area. But what are some thoughts when these two matchup  next season. Could we see a triller in this game. Could Scotland be a 4A contender. Will Richmond be a better team than this past season.