Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

Final CP 2A Power Rankings of 2018

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I know Brevard played one more game than Mountain Heritage and they did play well in the playoffs but there not better than Heritage and I do understand why Chris has them ranked higher but that's ok both teams had good years and I'm glad to see Brevard make a comeback when I played for Heritage back in the early 80's you did not want to play Brevard hopefully they can continue to have success in the future.does anybody know if Heritage and Brevard will play each other in 2019..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Mavrick69 said:

I know Brevard played one more game than Mountain Heritage and they did play well in the playoffs but there not better than Heritage and I do understand why Chris has them ranked higher but that's ok both teams had good years and I'm glad to see Brevard make a comeback when I played for Heritage back in the early 80's you did not want to play Brevard hopefully they can continue to have success in the future.does anybody know if Heritage and Brevard will play each other in 2019..

Well Reidsville played them both back to back in the playoffs and the teams were to me almost equal.....tough hard hitting and well coached....Rams had to use all their experience and talent get W's over both...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a State Title just ain't good enough for you 98. Does it piss you off y'all didn't get the #1 ranking in 2A? 

Five out of six and probably one more next year. Some people can't be satisfied. Shelby's dominance may continue another 40 years, who knows. But why can't you just be happy with what they acheived.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '98 State Champion said:

Just curious @Chris Hughes if you could you explain your reasoning for your rankings. Was it purely record based?

Must not have been...

Others would have been ranked ahead of your favorite high school as well if that were the case...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, thekidd12 said:

Must not have been...

Others would have been ranked ahead of your favorite high school as well if that were the case...

True.  I guess my reasoning is if Reidsville barely won by a FG in the last minute then shouldn't Northeastern be ranked just below Reidsville because they are evidently pretty equal.

I was also wondering if the eye test was used.  We watched both 2A championship games.

If rankings were truly based on who would beat who and who is the better teams our rankings would have gone:

1.Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. North Davidson

T5. Reidsville

T5. Northeastern

 

Split the classes:

2AA

1. Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. North Davidson

2A

1. Reidsville

2. Northeastern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, '98 State Champion said:

True.  I guess my reasoning is if Reidsville barely won by a FG in the last minute then shouldn't Northeastern be ranked just below Reidsville because they are evidently pretty equal.

I was also wondering if the eye test was used.  We watched both 2A championship games.

If rankings were truly based on who would beat who and who is the better teams our rankings would have gone:

1.Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. North Davidson

T5. Reidsville

T5. Northeastern

 

Split the classes:

2AA

1. Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. North Davidson

2A

1. Reidsville

2. Northeastern

Pretty biased list. I have no problem with Shelby at number 1 but reidsville and northeastern are low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, kms51 said:

Pretty biased list. I have no problem with Shelby at number 1 but reidsville and northeastern are low.

Just looking at it this way....Shelby beats Hibriten by 1 score...Hibriten beats South Point by one score.  Those teams are somewhat even.

Honestly, I think if Northeastern plays Reidsville ten times, Northeastern wins 9 of them. 

 

So realistically I would probably do it this way if I was ranking honestly:

1. Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. Northeastern

5. Reidsville

6. North Davidson

 

This will brood a lot of hate from the Reidsville crowd but this is my honest opinion. 

Shelby would beat Hibriten if they played again, Hibriten would probably beat South Point if they played again (although it would possibly be a toss up), South Point would probably beat Northeastern, and Northeastern would beat Reidsville. 

Northeastern blew that game more than Reidsville won it. They basically got out coached and blew a 14 point lead. 

 

North Davidson could be plugged in there anywhere from 3-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you are beyond belief............your hatred of Reidsville and lack of respect knows no bounds.....................shoulda, coulda, woulda should be your HANDLE.................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Northeastern blew the game. They choked hardcore and out coached. NE wouldn't beat reidsville one time if they played 10 times. NE should be ranked 9 or 10th in the final poll. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Reidsville is the better team. Reidsville had a lot of mistakes in that game. 

 

My poll would be 

1. Reidsville

2. Shelby: That burns loss

3. Hibriten

4. North eastern

5. North Davidson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Swo05 said:

Northeastern blew the game. They choked hardcore and out coached. NE wouldn't beat reidsville one time if they played 10 times. NE should be ranked 9 or 10th in the final poll. 

 

North eastern is a good team though, they are a legit top 5 team. I don't think they were better than Wallace Rose Hill from last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on Shelby's State Title.  98s hate towards Reidsville is crazy.   In his world, it's Shelby and then a very distant Highbriten and South Point.  Anyone else in the state should be happy to lick Shelby's boots.    They lost 3 games...3!   Northeastern was a very good team.  Brevard and Mt Heritage are both good programs.   According to most people from the area thought East Rutherford would give Reidsville all they want.   We beat them all.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope...no hate. 

We arrived early and watched the NE vs R game. We also played South Point, Hibriten, and North Davidson this year.

Northeastern had a very talented football team. The QB was a great dual threat player and the running back that also played DE was a stud.  It is our opinion that they would beat Reidsville 9 out of 10 times. We could be wrong. Coaching plays a huge role at the high school level and Reidsville has a great coach. They also won the game when it mattered....congrats.

Based on what we saw with our eyes, if we are ranking the teams based on the talent of the team itself:

1. Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. Northeastern

5. Reidsville

6. North Davidson

 

PS. kms, that burns loss was a long time ago.  lot of personnel changes since that game. Ohio State got a pass on the Purdue blowout....lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, '98 State Champion said:

Nope...no hate. 

We arrived early and watched the NE vs R game. We also played South Point, Hibriten, and North Davidson this year.

Northeastern had a very talented football team. The QB was a great dual threat player and the running back that also played DE was a stud.  It is our opinion that they would beat Reidsville 9 out of 10 times. We could be wrong. Coaching plays a huge role at the high school level and Reidsville has a great coach. They also won the game when it mattered....congrats.

Based on what we saw with our eyes, if we are ranking the teams based on the talent of the team itself:

1. Shelby

2. Hibriten

3. South Point

4. Northeastern

5. Reidsville

6. North Davidson

 

PS. kms, that burns loss was a long time ago.  lot of personnel changes since that game. Ohio State got a pass on the Purdue blowout....lol.

Ohio state didn’t get a pass as you see they didn’t make the playoffs.

the burns lost still counts no matter what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see how Randleman can beat Ledford and Wheatmore, lose to MH by the same score as Wheatmore and come in at 19th to Wheatmore's 14th. Other than this I have no disagreement with the rest of the rankings. I know Wheatmore played one more game but it was because of the draw, they both still lost to the same team. @Chris Hughes your reasoning??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 7:31 PM, kms51 said:

Ohio state didn’t get a pass as you see they didn’t make the playoffs.

the burns lost still counts no matter what

Final standing they were #3. They got a pass for a beatdown by a sub .500 team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, '98 State Champion said:

Final standing they were #3. They got a pass for a beatdown by a sub .500 team.

 

But they didn't make the playoffs. The beat down is what prevented that.  I would rank Ohio State 3rd btw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, kms51 said:

 

North eastern is a good team though, they are a legit top 5 team. I don't think they were better than Wallace Rose Hill from last year. 

All that simple dude swo05 does is go on every blog and dog Northeastern, but his team was home watching the game on TV. He's a b****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 2:58 AM, Swo05 said:

Northeastern blew the game. They choked hardcore and out coached. NE wouldn't beat reidsville one time if they played 10 times. NE should be ranked 9 or 10th in the final poll. 

If Northeastern is ranked 9 or 10 then swo would be 20 or more....you sound stupid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×