Sign in to follow this  
BlueDevilsBiggestFan

X-mas Tourneys

North Iredell will host the X-mas tourney -- not sure who all in it but I believe - Mooresville, South Iredell, West Iredell and North Iredell are there 

Dicks Sporting Goods will host their at CVCC - I would assume it will be the usual teams like Hickory , AC and others 

Where will your team be for their Christmas Tournaments 

Could be a interesting ladies game tonight at North Iredell. Lake Norman comes to Raider country and both teams are talented. NI is still missing two key players, so it will be interesting to see what happens. This game could go either way. As for the boys look for this game to be over by halftime. 

On 12/17/2018 at 2:06 PM, Steve Johnston said:

Heading to the Sam Moir myself. Girls bracket will be a slugfest. Carson, West Rowan, Salisbury, and East Rowan are a combined 26-1

That tournament is always one of the better ones .... I hate the Iredell co one bc half time we have 2 non county teams but it's never no one Big like I would like to see NWC or Jay M Robinson or something than Carolina International n With Iredell co teams being down with the exception of SI ; It's not a strong tournament -- Girls side should be slightly better but ain't 26-1 like the Rowan schools 

Frank Spencer in Winston Salem

Myers Tire Bracket (consolation Thurs & Fri at West Forsyth)

Wednesday 12/26

#1 WS Prep vs #8 Reagan 3pm (LJVM)

#4 Parkland vs #5 West Stokes 4:30pm (LJVM)

#3 RJ Reynolds vs #6 Walkertown 6pm (LJVM)

#2 Mount Tabor vs #7 West Forsyth (LJVM)

Pepsi Bracket (consolation Thurs & Fri at Parkland)

Wednesday 12/26

#4 Glenn vs #5 North Forsyth 9am (LJVM)

#3 Mount Airy vs #6 North Surry 10:30am (LJVM)

#2 Atkins vs #7 South Stokes 12:00pm (LJVM)

#1 East Forsyth vs #8 Carver 1:30pm (LJVM)

Winners will continue to play at LJVM on Thursday and Friday

1 hour ago, Heritage 84 said:

Mtn. Heritage will be at a tourney at North Henderson High School on 27,28 and 29 of December.

Mitchell is in the same tournament as well as Polk. Possiblity of starting conference play early.

Providence Grove plays SW Randolph tonight in the finals of the Courier-Tribune Invitational (girls).  Game starts at 7:30.  Randleman and Asheboro play for third at 6:00.  Both games are at Asheboro. 

Two nice, nice wins for PG so far.  Beat Wheatmore in the quarters then beat Asheboro by 10.  Asheboro has beaten PG twice this year.  Hope the Patriots can knock off Southwest.  It'll be tough.....SW has beaten PG twice also.  

Edited by Chute Boxe Hero

Got quite a few good tourneys happening in my neck of the woods next week.  Namely.....

HAECO Invitational (formerly Little Four) (at the Greensboro Coliseum Special Events Center)

Sheetz Holiday Classic (over at SW Guilford)

Eastern Guilford Holiday Classic (over at EG, of course)

Courier Tribune Invitational (at Asheboro)

With the exception of the CTI,  all tournaments will feature both guys and girls teams.  

• Like 1

Tough one for PG tonight.  SWR jumped out big and never looked back.  Final was 63-35.  PG was missing a starter but I'm not sure it would've mattered all that much.  SWR played some outstanding defense.  Heaven Maness won tournament MVP.  Love watching her play.  Always gives 200%.  

First time seeing SWR this year.  They don't have anyone that will "wow" you but they are a solid "team".  Good defense, good spacing, , a couple good shooters, a couple good post players, excellent balance of inside/out.  They actually looked to feed the post (which delighted me to no end).  

Great run for PG, nonetheless.  Hopefully, they'll carry this momentum into conference play.  Malea Garrison and Madison Dark made the all-tourney team.  Garrison is so freaking fun to watch.  She's a natural.  

Asheboro defeated Randleman in the third place game.  Tanisha Ellison and Selena Hicks had big games for the Comets.  Main thing that I noticed is that Randleman is vastly improved.  I like what that new coach is doing over there.  

• Like 1

Iredell tournament should boil down to NI vs Statesville with the ladies. Obviously the two teams know each other very well and should be a good barometer for both of them going into conference play. 

Statesville usually plays a box and one on LaLonde and tries to force someone else to beat them. LaLonde has been consistently dominant , other night posting a triple double with 10points, 12 rebounds and 10 blocks. Again will be a good barometer for both teams. 

On 12/18/2018 at 11:19 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

That tournament is always one of the better ones .... I hate the Iredell co one bc half time we have 2 non county teams but it's never no one Big like I would like to see NWC or Jay M Robinson or something than Carolina International n With Iredell co teams being down with the exception of SI ; It's not a strong tournament -- Girls side should be slightly better but ain't 26-1 like the Rowan schools 

The ladies may be 26-1 but those teams strength of schedule for W. Rowan and Carson is in the negative on max preps. Both Statesville and NI have a positive figure. Really believe any of these four teams could win the conference.  Could be a year of these four teams beating each other up . And no one having a dominant conference record. Looking forward to conference play!

• Like 1

2018 Laura Ann Cruise Christmas Tournament

Dec. 26-28
Mt Pleasant High School

GIRLS Dec. 26th Schedule
9:00 am Albemarle vs  Greater Cabarrus

12:00pm Concord vs Sun Valley
3:00pm Community School vs South Stanly

6:00pm Mt Pleasant vs Cox Mill

Boys Dec. 26th schedule

10:30am Community School vs Albemarle
1:30 pm Concord vs Sun Valley 
4:30 pm Central Cabarrus vs South Stanly 
7:30 pm Greater Cabarrus Stallions vs Mt Pleasant

• Like 1

4 hours ago, npcfan said:

The ladies may be 26-1 but those teams strength of schedule for W. Rowan and Carson is in the negative on max preps. Both Statesville and NI have a positive figure. Really believe any of these four teams could win the conference.  Could be a year of these four teams beating each other up . And no one having a dominant conference record. Looking forward to conference play!

Hey has NI dropped to 2A or 1A? Seems like most of their games so far have been in that class...thought maybe they switched conferences...😂😂😂

• Like 1

Thats besides my point -- My point is the Iredell co one is never BIG -- like i said i would like add a Jay M Robinson or a Wilkes Central or someone to make a bit more interesting then a Carolina International or Pine Lake and Also We can debate weather NPC / SPC is better or not but 26-1 is still impressive and such so 

Carson's Opponents record : 21-58 (Carson is 11-0)  : Carson best win is over 4-3 South Rowan 

West Rowan Opponents record is: 12-30 (West Rowan is 9-0) : WR Best win is over 3-4 Mooresville 

North Iredell Opponents Record 24-28 (North Iredell is 7-1) : NI best win is over 7-2 Atkins 

• Like 1

Steve did you not learn your lesson that LaLonde and Co are legit. And their four year record is one of the best in a long time. Oh and NI made the elite eight last year, farther than Carson...but I would love to see some of y'alls holiday tournament. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2018 East Lincoln Winter Jam
East Lincoln High School
December 27th-29th

THURSDAY Dec. 27th
OLD GYM
1:00pm GIRLS
#2 North Meck vs #7 NW Cabarrus
2:30pm GIRLS
#3 Butler vs #6 Forestview

NEW GYM 
1pm BOY'S
#2 AL Brown vs #7 Forestview
2:30pm BOY'S
#4 NW Cabarrus vs #5 Mallard Creek
4:00pm GIRLS
#1 North Gaston vs #8 JM Robinson
5:30pm BOY'S
#3 Victory Christian vs #6 Cuthbertson
7:00pm GIRLS
#4 Kings Mtn. vs #5 East Lincoln
8:30pm BOY's
#1 East Lincoln vs #8 Garinger

FRIDAY Dec. 28th
OLD GYM
1:00pm GIRLS
#1/#8 loser vs #4/5 loser
2:30pm GIRLS
#2/#7 loser vs #3/6 loser

NEW GYM
1:00pm BOY'S
#2/7 loser vs #3/6 loser
2:30pm BOY"S
#1/8 loser vs #4/5 loser
#2/7 winner vs #3/6 winner
5:30pm BOY"S
#2/7 winner vs #3/6 winner
#1/8 winner vs #4/5 winner
8:30pm BOY"S
#1/8 winner vs #4/5 winner

SATURDAY Dec. 29th
NEW GYM
10am GIRLS
7th place game
11:30pm GIRLS
5th place game
1pm BOY'S
7th place game
2:30pm BOY'S
5th place game
3rd place game
5:30pm BOY"S
3rd place game
CHAMPIONSHIP
8:30pm BOY"S
CHAMPIONSHIP

Headin' up to the HAECO today.  Can't wait to sink my teeth into that $8 cheeseburger.  Anyhow, here's the schedule for today......

2:30     NW Guilford vs. Grimsley    (boys)

3:30     NW Guilford vs. Smith     (girls)

4:00     Smith vs. Ragsdale   (boys)

4:30      Dudley vs. Greensboro Day   (girls)

5:30      Ragsdale vs. Grimsley   (girls)

6:00      Greensboro Day vs. N Guilford    (boys)

7:00      Northern Guilford vs. Page   (girls)

7:30      Page vs. Dudley   (boys)

Should be a fun day of basketball  (minus the cost).  Girls title should come down to NW Guilford and Ragsdale.  Two very strong teams.

Greensboro Day is the favorite once again to win it all......but......there not as heavy a favorite to win as in years past.  They'll probably meet the winner of NWG/Smith in the finals. 

On 12/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Carson's Opponents record : 21-58 (Carson is 11-0)  : Carson best win is over 4-3 South Rowan 

West Rowan Opponents record is: 12-30 (West Rowan is 9-0) : WR Best win is over 3-4 Mooresville 

North Iredell Opponents Record 24-28 (North Iredell is 7-1) : NI best win is over 7-2 Atkins 

I've seen both South Rowan and Atkins.  If that game were to ever materialize,  I would favor South Rowan.  

Atkins's 7-2 record is a bit deceptive.  The only impressive win they have is over North Iredell.  South's level of opposition has been way, way higher than Atkins. The majority of South's games have been in the brutal Central Carolina Conference.  If you flip-flopped both teams' schedules, I'm not so sure Atkins would even have a win right now.  

On 12/25/2018 at 9:52 AM, npcfan said:

Steve did you not learn your lesson that LaLonde and Co are legit. And their four year record is one of the best in a long time. Oh and NI made the elite eight last year, farther than Carson...but I would love to see some of y'alls holiday tournament. Enjoy!

Don't be so sensitive..have never even implied that the mighty Alabama of HS Bball is not legit. And yes your 4 year record is impressive for sure but we when you are playing Our Sisters of the Blind 10 times a year it's easy to rack up the dubs...lol...and yep you did go 1 round farther than Carson last year but I dare say if you had played eventual state champ Northern Guilford in the 3rd round you would have taken the L as well. Looking forward to Jan 8... conference season starts with a bang when mighty Alabama visits the Grove. Hopefully Carson can stay within 20...😁

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 10:10 AM, Eagles 1313 said:

Frank Spencer in Winston Salem

Myers Tire Bracket (consolation Thurs & Fri at West Forsyth)

Wednesday 12/26

#1 WS Prep vs #8 Reagan 3pm (LJVM)

#4 Parkland vs #5 West Stokes 4:30pm (LJVM)

#3 RJ Reynolds vs #6 Walkertown 6pm (LJVM)

#2 Mount Tabor vs #7 West Forsyth (LJVM)

Pepsi Bracket (consolation Thurs & Fri at Parkland)

Wednesday 12/26

#4 Glenn vs #5 North Forsyth 9am (LJVM)

#3 Mount Airy vs #6 North Surry 10:30am (LJVM)

#2 Atkins vs #7 South Stokes 12:00pm (LJVM)

#1 East Forsyth vs #8 Carver 1:30pm (LJVM)

Winners will continue to play at LJVM on Thursday and Friday

I think it will come down to Prep vs. Tabor final.  That would be a fun match-up.  

I am curious to see what West Stokes brings to the table.  Tough opener against Parkland though.  

Also curious to see how far Walkertown can go.  A Walkertown-Tabor potential match-up intrigues me.  Don't know if W'town has the muscle in the middle to deal with Tabor though.

As for the Pepsi Bracket, I have no earthly idea.  I think East is the favorite but I also think it's wide open.  

On 12/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, npcfan said:

NI has a higher strength of schedule then Carson or W. Rowan. A negative score is not something to be proud of! 

And yet the same people making that strength of schedule rank NI 13...below West (9), Statesville (8) and Carson (7)...go figure....

On 12/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, BlueDevilsBiggestFan said:

Personally I think Carson's best wins are over Central Cabarrus. I think they are better than South. Other than Downs there is not much at South. She is good enough though to win them some ball games

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Johnston said:

Don't be so sensitive..have never even implied that the mighty Alabama of HS Bball is not legit. And yes your 4 year record is impressive for sure but we when you are playing Our Sisters of the Blind 10 times a year it's easy to rack up the dubs...lol...and yep you did go 1 round farther than Carson last year but I dare say if you had played eventual state champ Northern Guilford in the 3rd round you would have taken the L as well. Looking forward to Jan 8... conference season starts with a bang when mighty Alabama visits the Grove. Hopefully Carson can stay within 20...😁

I was thinking the exact same thing in reference to Northern Guilford.  No one was stopping Cunane and co. last year.  Even Rockingham County (who had a great team and great player) failed four times to take the Nighthawks down. 

Carson actually played NG well all things considered.  I do hate that NG didn't get a chance to take on N Iredell though.  That was one of my dream matchups last year. 

Steve, ive said a few times so far its anyones conference this year other than SI. I do think its a deeper ladies conference this year than last year. According to the almighty max preps probably the strongest conference top to bottom....but time will tell. Holiday tournaments will start to tell us where everyone really is. 

I scratched out what I put down. Just seen Tournament schedule for South boys and girls. I was seeing South boys playing West Iredell which didn’t seem right on Max Prep. 

I'm heading to the tournament which Hertford county is hosting Tonight!

5:30 Northeastern vs Rocky Mount Prep

7:00 Washington county vs Gates County (Girls)

8:30 Washington County vs Gates county (Guys)

• Like 1

Sam Moir predictions round 1 

Boys

1 Davie rolls 8 West Rowan

2 North Rowan cruises over 7  S. Rowan

3 Salisbury over 6 Carson

5 North Stanly beats 4 East Rowan

Girls

1 Carson big over 8 Brown

2 West Rowan smacks 7 Davie

3 Salisbury closes 6 North Rowan

( these 3 games will be everybody plays snoozefests)

5 South Rowan sneaks past 4 E  Rowan

On 12/26/2018 at 9:14 AM, Chute Boxe Hero said:

Headin' up to the HAECO today.  Can't wait to sink my teeth into that $8 cheeseburger.  Anyhow, here's the schedule for today......

2:30     NW Guilford vs. Grimsley    (boys)

3:30     NW Guilford vs. Smith     (girls)

4:00     Smith vs. Ragsdale   (boys)

4:30      Dudley vs. Greensboro Day   (girls)

5:30      Ragsdale vs. Grimsley   (girls)

6:00      Greensboro Day vs. N Guilford    (boys)

7:00      Northern Guilford vs. Page   (girls)

7:30      Page vs. Dudley   (boys)

Should be a fun day of basketball  (minus the cost).  Girls title should come down to NW Guilford and Ragsdale.  Two very strong teams.

Greensboro Day is the favorite once again to win it all......but......there not as heavy a favorite to win as in years past.  They'll probably meet the winner of NWG/Smith in the finals. 

Not a bad day of basketball.  Here's a little recap.....

Grimsley boys darn near pulled the upset.  I mean.....they had NWG on the ropes.  Grimsley got nice games from both their point guard Devin Resper and their freshman big Travis Shaw.  

Two things ultimately foiled the Whirlies..........missed free throws down the stretch and the play of NWG point guard Christian Hampton.  Hampton saved NW's butt last night.  Whenever NWG needed a big rebound, some good defense, or some points........Christian Hampton was there to provide it.  No one on Grimsley could stay in front of him.  Hampton also played some great defense on Resper down the stretch.  

Viking big man Dean Reiber also had a nice, steady game.  Reiber hit some big, big shots in the fourth quarter. 

In the second game, Ragsdale put up a darn good fight against Smith.  In that first half, their quickness and hustle really bothered the Eagles.  Ragsdale PG Devan Boykin was getting anywhere he wanted to.  Boykin's style of play reminds me a little of Kemba Walker. 

Second half, Smith superstar Silas Mason took full control.  He hit quite a few threes.  Smith big man Nic McMullen was a beast down low.  Smith ended up winning by around 15.

Next, I got my first look at the Ragsdale girls.  From the get-go, they put the full court press on Grimsley and it reaped multiple steals and easy buckets.  Ragsdale has two very good players that transferred in.  Their battles with NWG will be epic.  

The night ended with the Page-Dudley boys quarterfinal.  Good game at times.  Page won by around 15.  Page has got an arsenal of quick guards.  They also have two undersized but athletic post players.  PG Jaden Ellis was outstanding. Will Clem might be one of the better ballhandlers in the area. 

Despite the loss, I liked the potential of Dudley's team.  They had multiple guys that can shoot, multiple guys that can take you off the dribble.  They also had a strong, steady post man in Tyler Young.  Main thing that killed Dudley was defense.  

• Like 1

Day two of tourney hoppin'..........

Heading over to the Sheetz Holiday Classic at SW Guilford.  They get things cranked up at 1:30.  

Some pretty good boys matchups.....

North Davidson vs. HP Christian   (1:30)

The Burlington School vs. S Guilford (3:00)

Forsyth Country Day vs. HP Central  (4:30)

SW Guilford vs. Davidson Day  (7:30)

On the girls side.....

North Davidson vs. Pinecrest   (1:30)

SW Guilford vs. RJ Reynolds  (3:00)

Burlington School vs. S Guilford  (4:30)

HP Central vs. HP Christian  (6:00)

• Like 1

Interesting day of b'ball at "The Ranch" yesterday.  Saw some great games......saw some stinkers.  

Started off with a wrench thrown in the plans.  Two of the teams that I really wanted to see were playing at the exact same time.  That would be both North Davidson teams. 

I only ended up catching a quarter of the ND-HP Christian game.  It was an action-packed quarter though.  Fans who sat through the whole thing witnessed a great point guard duel between ND's Themus Fulks and HPCA's Landon Sutton.  Fulks is a beast of a point.  It looks like he's added a bit of muscle from last year as well.  ND ended up winning 68-61.  

Walked into the old gym to watch the ND girls take on Pinecrest.  I've seen ND once this year.  I was excited to watch Emily Hege.  She's a really good freshman.  

From the second quarter on, Pinecrest just straight took it to ND.  The Patriots played great, smart defense and killed ND on the boards.  On offense, they share the ball very well.  Two main girls stood out to me:  First was Keayna McLaughlin.  This lady has some amazing vision.  She dropped more than a few sweet dimes.  The second was forward Sara McIntosh.  McIntosh is versatile and very hard-nosed.  As a whole, I was impressed with Pinecrest's overall combination of strength and smarts.  Can definitely see why they're undefeated. 

Then, I saw the very best game of the whole day.  The Southern Guilford boys took on The Burlington School and it was a straight barnburner.  Even though he had a bit of an off shooting night, Tyler Dearman showed off all the tools in the toolkit.  He made some really big plays in the fourth quarter. 

Story of this game though was the outstanding defense that SG's Julius Birch played on JaDun Michael.  Micheal's a big, athletic guard that will probably end up playing D-1 somewhere.  Birch took the challenge and made him work for everything.  SG won 64-58.

Went back to the main gym to watch HP Central take on Forsyth Country Day.  This one was painful to watch at times.  Central's a little down and FCD is waayy down.  Central won by double digits.  Dhieu Deng had a good performance for the Bison. 

Next game was even more painful.  The HP Central girls took on HP Christian.  HPC game out the gate pressing and this one was over around two minutes in.  HPCA was just straight outmatched.  Central's got some pretty good athleticism.  Olivia Stubbs and Kiera Williams had nice games for the Bison.

The pain alleviated whenever the main event started.  The SW Guilford boys entertained Davidson Day.  DD had some good size.  One of their bigs was recently offered by Charlotte. 

They didn't have any Langley's though.  The twins came out and put their stamp on things.  SWG was flying down the court and DD couldn't keep up.  DD did end up hitting a bunch of threes to stay in it early on.  However, the well dried up in the second half.  Christian Martin and Joel Pettiford had good games inside for the Cowboys.  

Play of the game though goes to Kobe Langley.  He might have dropped the assist of the year.  In the second quarter, he came flying down the left side of the court and attacked the rim.  Instead off putting it up, Langley unleashed an amazing, bullet wrap-around pass that had the crowd going insane. 

Day three of tourney hoppin'.....

Heading to Eastern Guilford this time.  Semifinal action.  There's already been one huge upset.  On the girls side, NE Guilford knocked off previously undefeated SE Guilford.  Didn't see that coming.  

This might be my favorite tournament out of any of them.  It's hard to beat EG's burgers and 'dogs.  

Iredell tournament...…

Ladies- Lake Norman vs Statesville- could be a good game. Neither team has a good inside game and if LN has a good shooting night could avenge last weeks loss to Statesville. Could be a good game to watch.

Mooresville vs North Iredell - LaLonde and Co should roll in this one. 

Mens- Pine Lake vs South Iredell - Havent seen either team yet but Pine Lake had no issue with Statesville. 

Mooresville vs Lake Norman- ???????? Have seen LN play but not Mooresville yet.