Sign in to follow this  
MooresvilleDevil06

Hough at Byrnes (SC) next year

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, Vik-Val 86 said:

This will be an interesting matchup. Does anyone know if Mallard Creek will be playing Dutch Fork  next season. 

No! 

3 hours ago, work7 said:

No! 

If the game I hear MC is lining up is correct, a win over DF would be much more impressive (!) and carry a lot more weight!

1 hour ago, btango said:

If the game I hear MC is lining up is correct, a win over DF would be much more impressive (!) and carry a lot more weight!

Carry alot more weight for whom?? 

1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

Carry alot more weight for whom?? 

The team I have heard that is a possibility was 6-5 this season, 2-8 in 2017, and 6-5 in 2016.  Beating Dutch Fork would be a more impressive opponent.     

MC and DF are in the debate for top program / top team in their state for several seasons now..  MC beating DF and TK would be an impressive win.  

I think they should look at skipping the promoter and see if they can play the game at UNCC.  Do a 50/50 gate cut after expenses.  I believe this game at UNCC could be huge on a Saturday.

I just want to see the best play the best!

4 minutes ago, btango said:

The team I have heard that is a possibility was 6-5 this season, 2-8 in 2017, and 6-5 in 2016.  Beating Dutch Fork would be a more impressive opponent.     

MC and DF are in the debate for top program / top team in their state for several seasons now..  MC beating DF and TK would be an impressive win.  

I think they should look at skipping the promoter and see if they can play the game at UNCC.  Do a 50/50 gate cut after expenses.  I believe this game at UNCC could be huge on a Saturday.

I would say Tommy should look at playing Colquitt County.

1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

I would say Tommy should look at playing Colquitt County.

They are talking with another team but still planned to play the Mallard Creek game.  Was looking at two potential out of state games.  

I am fine with that but we learned from Mallard Creek and Vance's experiences that trying to play at Colquitt County turns into a game of shadows on the payout.  Three times TK has dealt with a promoter turned into a cluster.  Twice at the last minute on the travel, one absurb logistics and one very costly with a slight change in logistics.  Third one they did not get the post game payout.  Fourth time, last year in Charlotte was a cluster in many ways that were on the promoter but the weather was obviously not something they could control.  

Who would be a good team for Mallard Creek to play?  I know they like to test themselves early in the season and have trouble getting solid teams to step up and play them.

1 hour ago, btango said:

I believe you're talking about one of two teams. The other one would be scary trying to match up against.

I'd like to see the Creek go play Valdosta. I know the travel part takes a lot of possibilities out of play but what about one of the Miami schools like Northwestern? 

30 minutes ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

I'd like to see the Creek go play Valdosta. I know the travel part takes a lot of possibilities out of play but what about one of the Miami schools like Northwestern? 

Valdosta has been average the last two years.  They only won four last year.  Not worth the trip to play an average team.  I would like to see Mallard Creek play Maryville, Tennessee.  Want to go to a game there and that would give me more initiative.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, btango said:

Valdosta has been average the last two years.  They only won four last year.  Not worth the trip to play an average team.  I would like to see Mallard Creek play Maryville, Tennessee.  Want to go to a game there and that would give me more initiative.  

Haven't kept up with Valdosta in a few years but it would be cool to play at that stadium. I think Maryville would be a great game too, heck maybe even Alcoa. What about Massillon in Ohio? Went to a game there years ago on the way to watch App take down the big house and it was unbelievable for a high school stadium/atmosphere. 

8 minutes ago, Wolf4Lyfe said:

Haven't kept up with Valdosta in a few years but it would be cool to play at that stadium. I think Maryville would be a great game too, heck maybe even Alcoa. What about Massillon in Ohio? Went to a game there years ago on the way to watch App take down the big house and it was unbelievable for a high school stadium/atmosphere. 

I have seen Valdosta host Colquitt and Lowndes.  Have also been to Colquitt.  Great atmospheres.  Awesome stadium.  Valdosta State uses it, also.  They have a museum for the high school in the end zone.  They are building a new high school that will have a new stadium.  Do not think they have moved into it yet.  Valdosta State is taking over the stadium.  That was the plan a few years ago.

I think going to Atlanta is a good limit.  You can get a really strong teams in the metro and it saves several hours than going to south Georgia.  Colquitt lost to Milton in the state finals.  Milton HS is right by Buford.  Not far off I-85 and about an hour north of downtown Atlanta.  That is four hours less than going to Colquitt and Valdosta.  Thing is when you play Colquitt, you are playing Rush Propst, and they are most consistent in being a top game than the metro schools.  

11 hours ago, Paul Graham said:

Maryville, TN

Lakeland, Fl

Oakland, TN

Hoover, Al

St. Ignatius, OH

all would be good games I think

My thought was schools that would be five hours or less by bus.  Maryville is the only one fits the bill at probably 4.5 hours.  That can be a day trip.  Nice profit off a split the gate.  

Hoover would be next closest at 6.5 hours minimum.  Oakland is close to seven.

Lakeland and St Iggy are probably flights and require two nights in a hotel.

Why not MC play Atlanta metro teams. Only a 3 hr drive from Charlotte to Atlanta. Wouldn't mind seeing Vance do the same. Been to Hoover from 10-12 when I was stationed in Muscle Shoals AL. Very nice program, a bit overrated. I think power running teams would give them fits

1 hour ago, El Campion said:

Why not MC play Atlanta metro teams. Only a 3 hr drive from Charlotte to Atlanta. Wouldn't mind seeing Vance do the same. Been to Hoover from 10-12 when I was stationed in Muscle Shoals AL. Very nice program, a bit overrated. I think power running teams would give them fits

My post above discusses Atlanta.

On 12/13/2018 at 12:07 PM, btango said:

They are talking with another team but still planned to play the Mallard Creek game.  Was looking at two potential out of state games.  

I am fine with that but we learned from Mallard Creek and Vance's experiences that trying to play at Colquitt County turns into a game of shadows on the payout.  Three times TK has dealt with a promoter turned into a cluster.  Twice at the last minute on the travel, one absurb logistics and one very costly with a slight change in logistics.  Third one they did not get the post game payout.  Fourth time, last year in Charlotte was a cluster in many ways that were on the promoter but the weather was obviously not something they could control.  

Who would be a good team for Mallard Creek to play?  I know they like to test themselves early in the season and have trouble getting solid teams to step up and play them.

Personally I dont think they beat DF, not that I think that is the #1 concern of the MC staff. I think I am not way out of line in saying that DF may be the best HS football team in the country next year. I like both the teams they are dealing with now but have never been sold on the " gotta play an out of state power" deal.  I think a Charlotte Catholic rematch would be a fun one and now that East Forsyth has dropped to 4a I think that would be fun as well. If they did go out of state I think TL Hanna would be interesting. I think a Shelby matchup in week one would draw a very big crowd but they have never shown the slight bit of interest in that game