Sign in to follow this  
Vik-Val 86

Football schedules for 2019

Anyone know when the football schedules will be out for 2019. Already looking forward to seeing who my team will play. I know there will be some changes in some schedules for next season. 

• Like 1

Tough non conference schedule for South Iredell. Dudley will be brutal. History with Dudley going back to 1993 Dudley won 24-0 and in ‘94 South won 17-13. South Iredell  had some studs that played in that 92-94 era. ‘94 would also be the same year South lost to Crest 10-3. Crest would go undefeated 15-0 and winning the 4A State Championship game. Wished South had those 3 players of that time on the 2017 team. I believe South would had a chance to win it all in the 3AA. These players were their LB and RBs. Players that you would see on a Shelby team. 

Kannapolis will play Mooresville,West Rowan,and Carson the next two years in nonconference games.Kannapolis also will play Davie County for one year in 2019.The SPC will add a new school in 2020...West Cabarrus.This is the reason Kannapolis only signed a one year deal with Davie County.The Wonders have dropped Hopewell and Marvin Ridge from the schedule and are currently looking for two more opponents to fill those slots.

Imagine those Concord and Robinson games are one year. They both needed a one year game due to pushing the opening of West Cabarrus back a year.

15 hours ago, 71K said:

Kannapolis will play Mooresville,West Rowan,and Carson the next two years in nonconference games.Kannapolis also will play Davie County for one year in 2019.The SPC will add a new school in 2020...West Cabarrus.This is the reason Kannapolis only signed a one year deal with Davie County.The Wonders have dropped Hopewell and Marvin Ridge from the schedule and are currently looking for two more opponents to fill those slots.

Do you have any idea who the other two schools will be.

1 hour ago, 84k said:

Do you have any idea who the other two schools will be.

Not at this time.I would love to see them pick up Hickory Ridge,but I doubt that will happen.Statesville,East Rowan,or Mount Pleasant are some other candidates.Will just have to wait and see who the last two teams will be.

Kannapolis has it's nonconference schedule complete for 2019.The Wonders will face Mooresville,Davie County,Carson,West Rowan,Gastonia Ashbrook,and East Lincoln next season.In 2020 Kannapolis will drop Davie County and add new conference member West Cabarrus.

2 hours ago, 71K said:

Kannapolis has it's nonconference schedule complete for 2019.The Wonders will face Mooresville,Davie County,Carson,West Rowan,Gastonia Ashbrook,and East Lincoln next season.In 2020 Kannapolis will drop Davie County and add new conference member West Cabarrus.

What are your thoughts about picking up Ashbrook and East Lincoln. 

1 hour ago, 84k said:

What are your thoughts about picking up Ashbrook and East Lincoln. 

Interesting match up for the Ponies. This past season they struggled offensively but had a decent defense. Talent at East is a bit down from years past. No Chazz or Sage Surratt, Marcus Graham, or Patrick Randelmen on their roster. 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:47 PM, smashmouth5 said:

Not sure of dates but Crest Non Con teams are...

South Point

Shelby

Burns

TC Roberson

Freedom

I know Burns is Week 3 at Burns. That replaces the Shelby game (which moves to Week 9) on our schedule and replaces your bye week on your schedule.

More than likely South Point, TC Roberson and Shelby will remain where they have been. (Weeks 1, 2 and 4). Freedom would probably be Week 5 replacing Weddington and your bye week will probably be Week 11 where Burns previously was. But that is just an educated guess.

Good to see the Freedom-Crest series renewed. 

• Thanks 1

Alexander Central 2019 Football Schedule

August

23 @ Hibriten
30 @ Wilkes Central

September

6 Statesville (Endowment)
13 South Iredell
20 Charlotte Olympic
27 Open

October

4 Watauga (Homecoming)
11 @ Freedom
18 McDowell
25 St Stephens (Senoir Night)

AC Reynolds schedule:

East Forsyth

at Shelby

at Owen

Erwin

at Enka

North Henderson

at Tuscola

Open

Asheville

at North Buncombe

West Henderson

at TC Roberson

That might be the toughest opening two games for anyone in the state with the defending 4A state champs leading off.   Then the defending 2A state champs and 5 of the last 6 years on top of that.  I have to say Coach Shane Laws isn't afraid to play tough non conference games.  

I've got about 70% of the schedules entered into the team pages.  Once I get closer to 80 or 90%, I'll go ahead and switch them over to show for this season, a few schools are still looking for games. 

East Lincoln has backed out of their games with Kannapolis.The Wonders now only have 10 games scheduled with two open dates.