Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

4AA State Finals: Vance vs. Wake Forest

Rate this topic

Wake Forest is a run first offense. Vance is a run stop first defense. Something is going to have to give and it’s going to be who can throw the ball. Vance has more of a commitment to the pass than WF. Great matchup both physical teams.  Get your popcorn. 

Excited for this match up. Page and Mallard Creek couldn't get the job done against WF. Can Vance stop the 3peat from happening and bring the Chip back to the West?

• Thanks 1

Calling it now!  Vance with the upset of Wake Forest.  This year Coach Brand and Coach Willert at East Forsyth join the list of NC State Championship Head Coaches. 

• Thanks 1

WF is the 2xs champion with one of the nations longest win streaks. Thev have averaged over 40pts a game and have won by double digits the last few yrs.  My question is how good do they do with a team that wants a knock out bare knuckles fight?   A team that likes to get dirty(mud) and scrap it out tooth n nail to the ground to the end?  WF may come out and continue the double digit win streak...but u know how it goes,  records and streaks are meant to b broken.... I think the streak comes to an end and its time for a new champion in AA!  "STREAKS ARE MEANT TO B BROKEN"

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 704cougarsdad said:

WF is the 2xs champion with one of the nations longest win streaks. Thev have averaged over 40pts a game and have won by double digits the last few yrs.  My question is how good do they do with a team that wants a knock out bare knuckles fight?   A team that likes to get dirty(mud) and scrap it out tooth n nail to the ground to the end?  WF may come out and continue the double digit win streak...but u know how it goes,  records and streaks are meant to b broken.... I think the streak comes to an end and its time for a new champion in AA!  "STREAKS ARE MEANT TO B BROKEN"

Watching Vance the last two weeks they remind me of the Page team that beat Butler & Creek to win the State Title. Just scrappy, resilient and physical. That defense is “Elite” and loves to stop the run which is WF strength. I don’t think you beat Vance with a steady diet of running the ball. Creek beat them passing the ball in key situations along with a QB who could run and has some size who can take punishment. Wake is not built that way. Everything tells me this is another slugfest but Vance makes some plays in the pass game. Advantage Vance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

Watching Vance the last two weeks they remind me of the Page team that beat Butler & Creek to win the State Title. Just scrappy, resilient and physical. That defense is “Elite” and loves to stop the run which is WF strength. I don’t think you beat Vance with a steady diet of running the ball. Creek beat them passing the ball in key situations along with a QB who could run and has some size who can take punishment. Wake is not built that way. Everything tells me this is another slugfest but Vance makes some plays in the pass game. Advantage Vance 

North Charlotte is the center of big time football in NC!!! Been a loooooong time since a north Charlotte team haven't been to the big game in AA!!! (2011)

• Like 1

I like Vance & in other week I would root for them to win, but since Charlotte fans are arrogant & it's the State Title game, I'm going to root for Wake Forest to prevent a third state title from traveling back to Queen City. I'm going to make this game hopefully or watch online.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

I like Vance & in other week I would root for them to win, but since Charlotte fans are arrogant & it's the State Title game, I'm going to root for Wake Forest to prevent a third state title from traveling back to Queen City. I'm going to make this game hopefully or watch online.

Lol...you poor little thing. Did the big bad Charlotte fans make you cry?

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Lol...you poor little thing. Did the big bad Charlotte fans make you cry?

C'mon man! I don't have any beef with the Charlotte teams or their organizations, but the fans are on their high horses, & just won't be humble enough to realize they can lose a game any week, any Friday night, any year. I this weekend will present the possibility that Charlotte will fall short of another title. Now, I don't know why you want to pick holes at me or make this a laughing matter but it's not a hilarious to me.

1 hour ago, HPCBison08 said:

C'mon man! I don't have any beef with the Charlotte teams or their organizations, but the fans are on their high horses, & just won't be humble enough to realize they can lose a game any week, any Friday night, any year. I this weekend will present the possibility that Charlotte will fall short of another title. Now, I don't know why you want to pick holes at me or make this a laughing matter but it's not a hilarious to me.

I find it hilarious (*baby crying* whaaaa whaaa)  I hate when people state the obvious so I'm going to hate even though it is the truth. I tell all the mallard creek haters...if ur tired of Creek winning then get ur local HS football team to get good...just that simple. 

The rest of the state have been dominating football for many more decades. The last I check, Charlotte football teams aren't the only ones with trophies on their walls.

21 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

The rest of the state have been dominating football for many more decades. The last I check, Charlotte football teams aren't the only ones with trophies on their walls.

Lmao😪😪😪😪