Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

4A State Championships: East Forsyth vs. Scotland County

Rate this topic

I'm not going to crown EF yet, even though I fully expect for them to win. Scotland has exceeded expectations and are going into the game underdogs. The pressure isn't on them like that. With that being said, let's go Eagles. Can't wait for the game next weekend. 

• Like 2

East Forsyth deserves this one!  To hold Porter Ridge to 14 points was awesome.  They will have another tough one next week in Scotland who Is playing lights out right now. It feels good to say the Eagles are back in the State Championship game for the 1st time since 92.  Let's go Eagles 

The Scots are playing with House Money, so they have nothing to lose. But best believe they're coming to Durham for the "W".

East Forsyth will be the heavy favorite, as they should be, but the Scots will come and give it 110 percent and leave it all on the field. Looking forward to seeing East Forsyth, See y'all next week.

GO SCOTS!!!!!

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, scots roll said:

The Scots are playing with House Money, so they have nothing to lose. But best believe they're coming to Durham for the "W".

East Forsyth will be the heavy favorite, as they should be, but the Scots will come and give it 110 percent and leave it all on the field. Looking forward to seeing East Forsyth, See y'all next week.

GO SCOTS!!!!!

What do you mean Scotland has nothing to lose?  They're in the State Championship!   If this was some regular season game in the middle of October I would say ok but its not. It's for Everything!  Buckle up baby! 

• Like 1

Scotland reminds me of the 2010 Davie Co. team where they went into the playoffs with a 5-6 record. They made it to the State Championship game and lost to Durham Hillside 40-0. Ended up 9-7. Not saying Scotland loses or lose by that much but just being that Cinderella team. 

8 hours ago, Warhead1 said:

What do you mean Scotland has nothing to lose?  They're in the State Championship!   If this was some regular season game in the middle of October I would say ok but its not. It's for Everything!  Buckle up baby! 

Nothing to lose is just an expression, but I see your point.

Scotland isn't the same team I watched in August when they squared off with Butler, and East Forsyth isn't the same team I watch take on Charlotte Catholic in a scrimmage earlier in the fall. In other words, both teams have improved tremendously since the fall. I think this is going to a very good football game. Some say East is the favorites, but they forget that Scotland Co is playing it's fourth state title game dating back to 2011. I expect East to win but it's not going to be easy, & I'm sure the Eagles understand that.

What a game of great contrast.

On the one hand, there is Scotland. This year has to be one of the best, if not the best, coaching job Bailey and staff has had. Heading into the play-offs at 5-5, questions surround the program, chief among them: Do the Scots even deserve to be in the play-offs at all? They have answered that question decisively, stringing together 4 straight road victories with a point differential of 88-52. Teams that catch fire late in the year like that are tough to beat. The Scots are in their fourth state title game since 2011.

EF, on the other hand, has rolled through their three play-off opponents, outscoring them 115-27. They are the heavy favorites from what I've observed and with that favored status comes the pressure to perform. The Eagles have an opportunity to silence some of their doubters. They are in their first state title game since 1992. How does EF handle that pressure? What happens if they are unable to put Scotland away early? 

I would like to see EF bring a title home to the Triad. However, Scotland is tough to bet against. I think the Scots win it. 

• Like 1

I think the State is going to see just how dominant the Eagles are in the 4A Saturday night.  Not putting a score down right now but the Eagles are going to be on a other level Saturday night.  They are crazy fast at every position on defense.  Everyone talks a out Marshall and the offense but it's their defense that makes this unit so special.  They fly around and swarm the football.  Their secondary maybe the best in the State led by NC State Commit Khalid Martin.  

Good luck Saturday night.  Hope East Forsyth can actually practice and prepare for Scotland this week with the 14-15" of snow on the ground in Winston Salem. 

Looking forward to a great game Warhead, I just hope the Scots can compete with these Eagles you 

speak of. That "best in the state secondary" you warn about is bound to get a workout with how 

Scotland will sling the ball around.

26 minutes ago, scotswin said:

Looking forward to a great game Warhead, I just hope the Scots can compete with these Eagles you 

speak of. That "best in the state secondary" you warn about is bound to get a workout with how 

They'll put him in the box as he is a very good tackler and will lay the wood. Watch out for him in the return game as well. 

Ive watched both team this year.....Can EF stop the Scots running game and trick plays....If they do that and dont turn it over they win the 4A.....

2 hours ago, scotswin said:

I saw Scotland against Butler earlier this year, & they have a good RB. I don't remember his name or jersey # but is he going to play this weekend?

#15 Johnson (qb)#2Mckoy,, #43Nicholson all ran the ball at least 14  times for Scotland last week with Johnson and Mckoy each

going over a 100 yds and Nicholson (freshman) carried it 14 times. (77yds) so scotlands stable of runners is good but Mcqueen#5 is

on a different level.  d1 athlete that runs with power and force. His status well we will see....Scotland lost its starting qb for the year in the Butler game.d1 athlete

13 hours ago, scotswin said:

I'm looking forward to a great game as well.  I think this will be a close game just because how much both teams run the ball.  That might make the scoring a lot lower than what people think.  The thing that may hurt East Forsyth too is their lack of time to prepare for Scotland.  There are thousands of people in the Triad area that are still without power from the massive Blizzard that dumped 14" of snow in Winston Salem.   

The Irony of this game for myself...… Ill be the only one sitting in the middle behind the goalpost in dead center of the horseshoe. Half Eagle/Half Fighting Scot. Happy at the end regardless!