Southwestern Athletic 2A
South Point 2-1
R-S Central 2-1
Chase 1-1
East Gaston 1-1
East Rutherford 0-1 

Shelby  0-2

• Like 2

I think the girls NPC race will be really tight this year. North Iredell, Carson, West Rowan and Statesville should be a 4 way race. All four teams have the potential this year. 

Just noticed the I-Meck standings.  That conference is brutal.  Not as brutal as it is in football......but still brutal.  There's some good, good players in that conference.  Tristan Maxwell/Chris Ford (N Meck), Patrick Williams (W Charlotte), Brice Williams (Hopewell), Beau Maye (Hough), Zane Haglan (Lake Norman).....some of these guys are amongst the top players in NC.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chute Boxe Hero said:

Just noticed the I-Meck standings.  That conference is brutal.  Not as brutal as it is in football......but still brutal.  There's some good, good players in that conference.  Tristan Maxwell/Chris Ford (N Meck), Patrick Williams (W Charlotte), Brice Williams (Hopewell), Beau Maye (Hough), Zane Haglan (Lake Norman).....some of these guys are amongst the top players in NC.  

One thing bout the CLT schools they played a lot top talent teams from In-state and out of state! CLT Basketball is top heavy with WC and North Meck and then u have Hough, MC, Vance, LKN, HOPEWELL, Mooresville are in the mix for 3-8 

12 hours ago, titanman27 said:

Freedom, Hickory, and McDowell should be top 3 all season in NW4a/3A

I know they will not meet this year, but how do you think the Mtn. Heritage team would stack up with those good 3A schools this year?

4 hours ago, Heritage 84 said:

I know they will not meet this year, but how do you think the Mtn. Heritage team would stack up with those good 3A schools this year?

I think it would be good games. Freedom and Hickory are ultra athletic and quick on the wings and also have killer 3 point shooting. McDowell is built more like Heritage but not quite as tall inside. 

• Like 1

McDowell picked up a hard fought win last night vs a decent RS Central team 79-75. The titans are young this year but are still pretty solid. 

The titans play at Mitchell Friday night. Not sure what the mountaineers have this year but it has been very lopsided. Might be closer this year 

I think Mitchell lost by 8 or 10 to Ashe County last night. got down by 20 I think but made a run the 2nd half. I'm sure they are still in getting their basketball legs under them. Do have a couple of now inside players this year in Zeus Ponder returning and also Caleb Pritchard is playing this year after concentrating solely on baseball last year. Should give them some more depth. Scoring will probably be their biggest issue. Should be pretty good defensively.  

2 hours ago, titanman27 said:

McDowell picked up a hard fought win last night vs a decent RS Central team 79-75. The titans are young this year but are still pretty solid. 

That's a good win. I assume RS still has Josh Searcy playing with them this year?

2 hours ago, InnerCityPreps said:

North Stokes is 3-0 and looks like a pretty alright 1a team. Wilkes Central is blowing people out left and right enroute to a 3-0 start as well. 

They definitely have a good group of players. We have played them quite often in travel tourneys coming up though the years with our juniors and sophomore groups. Good win against Watauga. It may take their football guys a few weeks to get back in the groove.

McDowell girls have had a solid start at 3-0 and upset a very strong East Burke girls team. The lady titans haven't been their powerful self in recent years but look to be turning the corner

North Iredell ladies are 4-0 and been playing better with each game, BUT a concussion to star post Mackie Allen and last night a knee sprain to freshman guard Juliana Walter who has been a very good addition to starting lineup is going to test them for next few games at minimum. Don't know if they can handle two missing starters right now......

Statesville boys will get better as season progresses. The NPC will be wide open in my opinion with boys and ladies teams. Could be a back and forth kind of year for both.