Rate this topic

Fan Poll   

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• East Forsyth
    • Porter Ridge

On 12/5/2018 at 10:15 PM, redstorm said:

What I really mean is the school is not big enough to handle the amount of kids in the area these days.where would you add onto either of those schools? It's not like they have space around them. I went to Carver by the way.

East by 9 over PR.

Well West and Reynolds are just as old and they really aren't big enough to hold that many kids but they do.... North was 4a for years and was able to hold all those kids soooo.....

Damn! I hope East Forsyth wins. The crying and whining for acceptance is becoming down right pathetic.  Please Football Gods give EF a Championship. 😂

• Like 1

Now that yall are done seeing whos d*** is bigger can we talk about the game?  Rumor has it that both Running backs for Porter Ridge were injured last week against West Meck and didn't finish the game.  That will be huge if they can't go.  Any PR fans know how bad those injuries are?  I think EF is pretty healthy going into this one.  

1 hour ago, Warhead1 said:

Now that yall are done seeing whos d*** is bigger can we talk about the game?  Rumor has it that both Running backs for Porter Ridge were injured last week against West Meck and didn't finish the game.  That will be huge if they can't go.  Any PR fans know how bad those injuries are?  I think EF is pretty healthy going into this one.  

I honestly don't know but the game was in hand so no sense in having them in if there was any question.

One of the two is a >200# state champion sprinter, Duke commit, and is very near 2000 yds for the season.  "Huge" is an understatement.

• Like 1

I heard from someone that the Duke kid went out in the 1st half when it was a tie game.  The game was definitely in question.  Is that true?  Hate it for the young man if he cant play but at least he will get to play at Duke next year if its true.  Most kids football careers would be finished.  

On 12/5/2018 at 11:40 PM, footballfan1951 said:

Charlotte will officially be dethroned?  Not hardly. You have one program in Wake county on a roll.  When they falter, who's there to step up?  Not one single program.  Independence was on a roll.  Then who stepped up in Charlotte?  Butler.  Who else stepped up?  Mallard Creek, then Hough, Vance and Myers Park.  So no.  Charlotte has not been dethroned.  Everyone knows to win a state title at the 4AA level, you've got to go through Mecklenberg county, and not just because of the number of teams there.  You hear of no one saying that of Wake county.  For right now, you have to beat Wake Forest.  Everyone else there is a non factor.

When you have a population in one city (screw the county), just one city, of course the talent level should never decline in it. Just the city of Charlotte alone holds over 16 schools, and this doesn't even include the areas in the county like Mathews, Huntersville & so. I'm sorry but that matters to me folks. If Greensboro had a million residents, the majority of Greensboro schools would be in 4A/4AA alone. I would make the same statement you made but only this time I'll say that the road to the title game goes through Guilford County

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:27 AM, JJ Barile said:

You're taking it overboard.. never said anything about hanging it up.. and i never said anything about the 4A West.. I live in Greensboro and am a Page alumni, Page was down this year as is Scotland and some other schools.. Heck Grimsley made it to the 3rd round. ;) 
Last i checked, you have no dog in the fight. ;)

You are right I don't have a dog in the fight but when it comes to Mecklengberg county vs. Guilford county, it's a different story. Wow, if page was down this year considering how they rolled everyone except Porter Ridge, East Forsyth & Reagan. It is not gonna be good for their opponents in the next year or two. But I gotta ask, if Page loses a couple of games, are you implying it is because their down? I ask because a lot of Charlotte fans use that line as a trump card to deflect from the fact that their team loss to an opponent they didn't expect to lose to.

Charlotte has what two or three Professional sports, so of course Charlotte is going to produce many D1 players. Many of the families love sports, especially football. Furthermore, many of those players are multiple generations into football, so the community is what uplift them & push those kids to excel. A lot of people have moved to Charlotte because it possesses a couple Professional arenas, people will drive to where the gold is and when it comes to Queen City, your kids will be looked at by many scouts. If Greensboro or Winston Salem had two Major Sports arena with a million residents & counting, I'm sure Page would have won seven State Titles in a row, Dudley would have two more to go to their four already, Grimsley would have three & down the list of schools it would go. Does this sound familiar? Sure it does. It is Charlotte who have produce like 13 State Championships.

What I am tired of reading on these posts the most is how when Charlotte teams win, it's because there were good & supposed to win, & all the other teams outside Charlotte is beneath them & weak. However, when Charlotte loses, all of sudden the playoff brackets are weak, & all the teams outside of good ol Mecklengberg county are weak & nothing to take serious. Well, if I look at Charlotte right now, how much of anything serious should we account for them? I mean Mallard Creek, has been bounce twice already, and I saw Butler this year & wasn't very impressed. Vance tends to run deep but get can't hold leads so I'm really confused about which area, bracket, or region of Football is weak. Like I said, if Charlotte in 4A doesn't bring home a title this year, it will be dethroned & Mecklengberg with the exception of Catholic & Latin, will be considered "weak".

• Like 1

Vance is really good this year. Their only lost was to Mallard Creek. So what does they can't hold leads even mean? MC played in the State Championship last year. How is that bounced? CMS was dethroned 2 years ago when it comes to State Championships in 4AA. So why are you waiting to see what happens this year? You'll be fighting a lost battle calling Charlotte schools weak. LMAO! That's not happening in your life time. You put Catholic or Latin in that Monster playoff bracket in the 4AA West in neither makes it out in my opinion this year. 

Colquitt County destroys your argument when it comes to population, Sports teams. How many people do you believe that move to Atlanta? Colquitt County is currently the best in Ga. You pretty much have to go through them every year. Population 47,000.  

Come on man, stop picking on Charlotte. It's like you're upset with Charlotte schools for winning.

Your logic!  I know the last 3 decades the majority of Championship have funneled through Charlotte, but if WF wins again. Charlotte is weak....LMAO!

4 hours ago, HPCBison08 said:

When you have a population in one city (screw the county), just one city, of course the talent level should never decline in it. Just the city of Charlotte alone holds over 16 schools, and this doesn't even include the areas in the county like Mathews, Huntersville & so. I'm sorry but that matters to me folks. If Greensboro had a million residents, the majority of Greensboro schools would be in 4A/4AA alone. I would make the same statement you made but only this time I'll say that the road to the title game goes through Guilford County

Expand Greensboro to include the Triad. Roughly 1.8 million. Now count the state titles in 4a 4aa titles. Compare it to Meck County.....

Continue on

Charlotte has what two or three Professional sports, so of course Charlotte is going to produce many D1 players. Many of the families love sports, especially football. Furthermore, many of those players are multiple generations into football, so the community is what uplift them & push those kids to excel. A lot of people have moved to Charlotte because it possesses a couple Professional arenas, people will drive to where the gold is and when it comes to Queen City, your kids will be looked at by many scouts. If Greensboro or Winston Salem had two Major Sports arena with a million residents & counting, I'm sure Page would have won seven State Titles in a row, Dudley would have two more to go to their four already, Grimsley would have three & down the list of schools it would go. Does this sound familiar? Sure it does. It is Charlotte who have produce like 13 State Championships.

This makes absolutely no sense! It's almost unbelievable that someone could be this uninformed. 

No desire to get into this silly debate. If you guys want to think that somehow Meck County is " dethroned" knock yourself out.....

There are roughly 3 pockets of 4a schools in the state. Triangle+ Sandhills, Triad and Meck County. Probably covers almost 80-90% of the schools in 4a-4aa.

In the past 25 years the largest % of titles have been in Meck county. Many times ( like this year) the 4aa regional is both Meck teams. In many cases its the same conf. The major reason that outsude of Page there has been no 4aa title for the Triad is because those schools unfortunatley have to go through a Meck county school to get there. Page has accomplished it once. One year they got sent East and then got waxed by a Meck county team and this year East got a Union county team.

Would love to see either PR or EF get a title. Both great programs and highly deserving....

• Like 1

Wow this is one of the most out of touch post I have ever seen 😀. So Charlotte has aboard of governors that as soon as a family moves to the area they put them on an achievement in sports plan 😀. Here is an idea just win and all of the “weak” comments go away. Until then all of these hypothetical scenarios for why it is so lopsided is just “SOFT” 😀

6 hours ago, HPCBison08 said:

What I am tired of reading on these posts the most is how when Charlotte teams win, it's because there were good & supposed to win, & all the other teams outside Charlotte is beneath them & weak. However, when Charlotte loses, all of sudden the playoff brackets are weak, & all the teams outside of good ol Mecklengberg county are weak & nothing to take serious. Well, if I look at Charlotte right now, how much of anything serious should we account for them? I mean Mallard Creek, has been bounce twice already, and I saw Butler this year & wasn't very impressed. Vance tends to run deep but get can't hold leads so I'm really confused about which area, bracket, or region of Football is weak. Like I said, if Charlotte in 4A doesn't bring home a title this year, it will be dethroned & Mecklengberg with the exception of Catholic & Latin, will be considered "weak".

dude im sorry, but you're not really making any sense..

Here is the gist of the situation... Winning against 4AA teams holds more weight because those teams tend to be the better and more powerful all around squads. A lot of times the 4A bracket tends to be 'weaker' compared to the 4AA bracket. That's just the nature of numbers and football... that doesn't mean that winning a championship at the 4A level is easier or is of lesser merit, it just may mean that the 4AA champion is a better team, and usually is compared to the 4A team.....

Here are the programs that I think could be title contenders any given year in 4AA/4A --- to clear things up for you. These are teams that have won titles and/or have been runners up in multiple title games or both.

Charlotte Metro
Mallard Creek(4AA), Butler(4AA), Catholic(4A)

Triad Metro
Page(4AA), Dudley(4A)

Triangle
Wake Forest (4AA)

Then you have outliers like New Bern and Scotland. Then you have other teams that have made one appearance like Harding, Richmond, 71st, AC Reynolds, Hillside.

Looking at these names, the Charlotte area has had more sustained success than any other area and its not even close, especially if you go back even further and add in Independence....

Teams like East Forsyth and Vance are knocking on the door (and have been for quite some time) and it could be as soon as the next couple of weeks before we can add them to this list.

East Forsyth is a very very good team this year, ive seen them up close and personal and will see them again tonight. I do think that they could hang with and probably beat the likes of WF, MP, and Vance, right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HPCBison08 said:

You are right I don't have a dog in the fight but when it comes to Mecklengberg county vs. Guilford county, it's a different story. Wow, if page was down this year considering how they rolled everyone except Porter Ridge, East Forsyth & Reagan. It is not gonna be good for their opponents in the next year or two. But I gotta ask, if Page loses a couple of games, are you implying it is because their down? I ask because a lot of Charlotte fans use that line as a trump card to deflect from the fact that their team loss to an opponent they didn't expect to lose to.

Compared to years past, this year was a down year for Page. They lost some games they should have won, the discipline issues, the stagnating offense, the admin issues, etc. it just wasnt the Pirates year anyway you slice it. Page has too much talent to be stumbling along like that, imo.

15 hours ago, ram4life said:

How many of East kids live in East district? LoL sorry just had to get that out there.

Same amount of kids that live in other districts and "choose" to go where they want to. That's a question you can ask across the board to any school in a successful revenue sport. 

13 hours ago, LongJohnThomas said:

I honestly don't know but the game was in hand so no sense in having them in if there was any question.

One of the two is a >200# state champion sprinter, Duke commit, and is very near 2000 yds for the season.  "Huge" is an understatement.

I understand the sophomore that came in the game wound up with over 100 yds rushing. They'll be fine I'm sure if someone can't play.

14 hours ago, work7 said:

Damn! I hope East Forsyth wins. The crying and whining for acceptance is becoming down right pathetic.  Please Football Gods give EF a Championship. 😂

Still can't comprehend well. Amazing!!

3 hours ago, JJ Barile said:

dude im sorry, but you're not really making any sense..

Here is the gist of the situation... Winning against 4AA teams holds more weight because those teams tend to be the better and more powerful all around squads. A lot of times the 4A bracket tends to be 'weaker' compared to the 4AA bracket. That's just the nature of numbers and football... that doesn't mean that winning a championship at the 4A level is easier or is of lesser merit, it just may mean that the 4AA champion is a better team, and usually is compared to the 4A team.....

Here are the programs that I think could be title contenders any given year in 4AA/4A --- to clear things up for you. These are teams that have won titles and/or have been runners up in multiple title games or both.

Charlotte Metro
Mallard Creek(4AA), Butler(4AA), Catholic(4A)

Triad Metro
Page(4AA), Dudley(4A)

Triangle
Wake Forest (4AA)

Then you have outliers like New Bern and Scotland. Then you have other teams that have made one appearance like Harding, Richmond, 71st, AC Reynolds, Hillside.

Looking at these names, the Charlotte area has had more sustained success than any other area and its not even close, especially if you go back even further and add in Independence....

Teams like East Forsyth and Vance are knocking on the door (and have been for quite some time) and it could be as soon as the next couple of weeks before we can add them to this list.

East Forsyth is a very very good team this year, ive seen them up close and personal and will see them again tonight. I do think that they could hang with and probably beat the likes of WF, MP, and Vance, right now.

I think Dudley is 3A now and definitely not competing with the upper echelon 4A. Not sure if this is temporary but I understand they were fairly young this year. You are right about EF and we understand we can't say ANYTHING until we close the deal. 

Close doesn't get it done anymore. Like Vance we've been close but close only counts in horseshoes, slow dancing and hand grenades. Lol. 

1 hour ago, DaTrooth said:

I think Dudley is 3A now and definitely not competing with the upper echelon 4A. Not sure if this is temporary but I understand they were fairly young this year. You are right about EF and we understand we can't say ANYTHING until we close the deal. 

Close doesn't get it done anymore. Like Vance we've been close but close only counts in horseshoes, slow dancing and hand grenades. Lol. 

Correct, but they were 4A and did win 4A championships, which is why i included them.

Key Players: East Forsyth Soph. Crowell, the guy has offers from many D-1 schools Va Tech, Virginia etc... Yes his father and uncle played in the NFL. Willert hasn’t even asked or needed him to take over a game because they have so many athletic weapons. He’s so gifted/very unselfish, also, Expect a big game out of NC State recruit DB/WR Khalid Martin. 

• Like 1

PR goes 3 and out first possession of the game.  EF drives inside the 10, goes for it on 4th and short from the 4 and doesn't get it. PR ball.