4A West Finals: East Forsyth 32, Porter Ridge 14

Rate this topic

Fan Poll   

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• East Forsyth
    • Porter Ridge

It amazes me how people can say the 4A west is weak when a couple weeks ago this bracket was considered loaded. For them to say the 4A west is weak this year is pretty much saying that Mooresville, Grimsley, Page, & Porter Ridge (who is still playing) are cupcake teams. I think many people would disagree with what a lot of these Charlotte fans say. If Wake Forest  wins, Charlotte will officially be Dethroned as a whole when it comes to Powerhouse status. You can't fail to bring home a Title in what could be three seasons, & consider yourself a powerhouse.  If Vance or Myers Park win in a couple weeks than Charlotte still claims the elite status. Only time will tell.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lbedwards said:

Last Forsyth County state title was 2002 with Carver winning the 3A classification.

Until a team gets over the hump, they will hear from detractors. A team making an initial run will not hear it, but one who has made multiple runs will. From 2009-2016 all Wake Forest heard was, "They do not play anybody." "They play in a weak region." "They can't beat anyone outside of Wake County." A couple of those years they had all-world players like Dexter Lawrence and Bryce Love. Guess what? The narrative changed in 2016 when they blanked Page 29-0. That title still didn't silence the doubters because then the narrative was, "Well, they didn't beat a Charlotte team." It wasn't a knock on Page because that year Page rolled through Olympic, W. Mecklenburg, W. Forsyth, and Vance. Also, Page had proven their mettle in 2011 when they beat Butler and Mallard Creek on the way to the 4AA title. So what happened, the next year (2017) WF gets a shot at Mecklenburg's best - Mallard Creek. WF proceeds to shut out MC 21-0. People can still say what they want about WF, their region, their lack of competition, whatever; WF has belts on the wall. They did it back-to-back with a good chance of completing a three-peat (something the Charlotte powers - Indy, Butler, and MC have done). They earned their respect. EF has a chance to take another step to earning theirs this week against Porter Ridge.

EF has been to one regional final this millennium. One. They had their shot in 2015 at one of Charlotte's best (MC) in Kernersville, even had a lead late in that game, but couldn't close the deal. The next year they have another opportunity with another Charlotte power (Catholic) and they couldn't get over the hump. EF can't control their ADM. Maybe if Forsyth County schools ceased treating education as some experiment with opening schools that have no business being open then they could have a powerhouse to rival the Char-Meck schools. That's not EF's fault, Willert's fault, the student-athletes fault. They are playing the hand they are dealt. Nevertheless, if they want the whispers to quiet down: Go win it. Simple as that. It's cold. It's hard. It's the truth. Winning a state title is an accomplishment no matter the classification. There are a lot of schools with dark stadiums this Friday night. Who cares if people say, "Well, it was 4A not 4AA." Screw 'em. A title is a title. The comparison of classifications is a red herring anyway. A team has to play the opponent in front of them. This week EF has Porter Ridge, not Mallard Creek, Butler, Vance, or Myers Park. Win it this week, one more opportunity awaits in the State Championships. But EF has to get through this week first. 

I couldn't of said it any better.

25 minutes ago, lbedwards said:

Last Forsyth County state title was 2002 with Carver winning the 3A classification.

Until a team gets over the hump, they will hear from detractors. A team making an initial run will not hear it, but one who has made multiple runs will. From 2009-2016 all Wake Forest heard was, "They do not play anybody." "They play in a weak region." "They can't beat anyone outside of Wake County." A couple of those years they had all-world players like Dexter Lawrence and Bryce Love. Guess what? The narrative changed in 2016 when they blanked Page 29-0. That title still didn't silence the doubters because then the narrative was, "Well, they didn't beat a Charlotte team." It wasn't a knock on Page because that year Page rolled through Olympic, W. Mecklenburg, W. Forsyth, and Vance. Also, Page had proven their mettle in 2011 when they beat Butler and Mallard Creek on the way to the 4AA title. So what happened, the next year (2017) WF gets a shot at Mecklenburg's best - Mallard Creek. WF proceeds to shut out MC 21-0. People can still say what they want about WF, their region, their lack of competition, whatever; WF has belts on the wall. They did it back-to-back with a good chance of completing a three-peat (something the Charlotte powers - Indy, Butler, and MC have done). They earned their respect. EF has a chance to take another step to earning theirs this week against Porter Ridge.

EF has been to one regional final this millennium. One. They had their shot in 2015 at one of Charlotte's best (MC) in Kernersville, even had a lead late in that game, but couldn't close the deal. The next year they have another opportunity with another Charlotte power (Catholic) and they couldn't get over the hump. EF can't control their ADM. Maybe if Forsyth County schools ceased treating education as some experiment with opening schools that have no business being open then they could have a powerhouse to rival the Char-Meck schools. That's not EF's fault, Willert's fault, the student-athletes fault. They are playing the hand they are dealt. Nevertheless, if they want the whispers to quiet down: Go win it. Simple as that. It's cold. It's hard. It's the truth. Winning a state title is an accomplishment no matter the classification. There are a lot of schools with dark stadiums this Friday night. Who cares if people say, "Well, it was 4A not 4AA." Screw 'em. A title is a title. The comparison of classifications is a red herring anyway. A team has to play the opponent in front of them. This week EF has Porter Ridge, not Mallard Creek, Butler, Vance, or Myers Park. Win it this week, one more opportunity awaits in the State Championships. But EF has to get through this week first. 

Yup....by the way Creek fans used to hear it as well. 2009-10-11. Overrated, dont play anyone, weak conf. Then 3 in a row. Suddenly it got quiet.

1 hour ago, lbedwards said:

Maybe if Forsyth County schools ceased treating education as some experiment with opening schools that have no business being open then they could have a powerhouse to rival the Char-Meck schools. 

Amen!

Atkins, Reagan, Prep, and Walkertown have no business being open. That just left Carver and North Forsyth empty shells of their former selves. Winston Salem is not a large city. I can get to Parkland from North Forsyth in 20 minutes. Winston Salem is ran by imbeciles. But that's neither here nor there. 

I hope East can pull this out. Actually I think they will. And I want them to bring one home for the county. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, work7 said:

You have no argument.  Charlotte has pretty much been running up in EF like a Brothel in Vegas. You gotta win a game before you start talking about closing a gap. You're currently 0-8 with Charlotte teams ending your season since 2009, with West Forsyth sending you packing in 2013. What gap did you close?  It is what it is, in regards to competition in 4A. Not my call but the Scotland guys said this was a rebuilding season for them and 71st is pretty good, but nothing elite about them. Hell they lost to 5-6 Southern Durham who's 3A. If you guys can't win it this year. We'll have to put East Forsyth on the 2A Board. :lol:   Good luck trying to convince someone that beating 71st or Scotland County in 2018 put you in the Elite status.

Yes.  When you lose a Game in the 4A West or the 4AA West it is usually to a team in Charlotte because that is where most of the bracket is from you do know that right?

Jesus people..... you guys are making my head hurt. Can we just say PR is a great team that deserves to be appreciated for getting this far. EF is a great team that deserves to be appreciated for getting this far.  Y'all make it where someone is going to come on here and talk junk about some kids for making 1 game away from the State Championship!  That is not an easy thing to do no matter how much some of yall think it is you Monday morning quarterbacks.  

Good luck to both squads.  PR v EF is looking to be one of the best games you'll see this year.  I hope the Eagles can pull it out just so everyone on both sides will finally shut up! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HPCBison08 said:

It amazes me how people can say the 4A west is weak when a couple weeks ago this bracket was considered loaded. For them to say the 4A west is weak this year is pretty much saying that Mooresville, Grimsley, Page, & Porter Ridge (who is still playing) are cupcake teams. I think many people would disagree with what a lot of these Charlotte fans say. If Wake Forest  wins, Charlotte will officially be Dethroned as a whole when it comes to Powerhouse status. You can't fail to bring home a Title in what could be three seasons, & consider yourself a powerhouse.  If Vance or Myers Park win in a couple weeks than Charlotte still claims the elite status. Only time will tell.

I never thought 4A West was near being a gauntlet.  4AA West was a monster bracket, Richmond, MC, Hough, Vance, Myers Park, North Meck, Butler. Compare to 4A:  East Forsyth, Grimsley, Page, Porter Ridge, Mooresville.  No comparison.

With the 4A only having 20% of the schools and 48 teams (of 76) in the playoffs the largest schools remain the same for the most part.  The small 4A lost a lot of prospective teams to 3A.

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

Charlotte Christian has already won a title as long as we are counting everything.

Country Day won one, also.  It is kind of winning small 4A to some degree.

2 hours ago, HPCBison08 said:

As you should know I'm not an East Forsyth fan but I'm rooting for all the teams in the Triad area to bring home a State Title. Lets see that's Southeast Guilford, Reidsville, Mount Tabor, East Forsyth, North Davidson, & Ledford. As you can see that is a long list of potential state tile winners/ or runner ups. Charlotte is down to just Charlotte Catholic, Vance & Myers Park.

Throwing Reidsville and the Davidson schools in you should also include Porter Ridge and Weddington for Meck.  

1 hour ago, forsythco said:

Amen!

Atkins, Reagan, Prep, and Walkertown have no business being open. That just left Carver and North Forsyth empty shells of their former selves. Winston Salem is not a large city. I can get to Parkland from North Forsyth in 20 minutes. Winston Salem is ran by imbeciles. But that's neither here nor there. 

I hope East can pull this out. Actually I think they will. And I want them to bring one home for the county. 

Carver and north Forsyth are out dated schools. If any needs to not be opened it's these two.As far as I know the school board doesn't take "football powerhouse" into consideration when deciding to build a new school.

2 hours ago, redstorm said:

Carver and north Forsyth are out dated schools. If any needs to not be opened it's these two.As far as I know the school board doesn't take "football powerhouse" into consideration when deciding to build a new school.

Outdated? Then invest in the school that's already there instead of building a whole new school. There's nothing outdated about the school except for the will to invest in the school. And I don't want to be the one to call it out but I will if I need to, you know the reason why they don't want to invest in the school? 

East is outdated, West is outdated, Reynolds is outdated... Speak on what you truly mean. Because I think I have a feeling what you're talking about, but I want to hear you say it. 

This fool really said that Carver and North Forsyth are "outdated".... I try to keep things civil here but that's something that just sets me off. The lack of will to invest in our current infrastructure is why Winston Salem is a sh*thole now. Build new high schools close to current high schools to poach students instead of just investing in said schools. That's counterproductive. 

10 hours ago, HPCBison08 said:

Wake Forest is the program to beat in the State. Charlotte was dethroned 2 years ago....lol  Unfortunately HPC, you don't make the rules on how it works. Like the people you dispute, who are not only from Charlotte. It's just opinions. If you believe that MHS, Grimsley, Page, & Porter Ridge are the same as playing Hough, Vance, Richmond, Myers Park, North Meck, Butler and Mallard Creek., you don't know NC High School Football.  There might be 2 people out of 1000 who would ride with you on that. I don't recall anyone ever saying 4A west was loaded. I'm not saying it's weak, but not as competitive or strong as the past.  Whoever wins  the West, will have super power 71st or Scotland County waiting on them. Come on man! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, btango said:

I never thought 4A West was near being a gauntlet.  4AA West was a monster bracket, Richmond, MC, Hough, Vance, Myers Park, North Meck, Butler. Compare to 4A:  East Forsyth, Grimsley, Page, Porter Ridge, Mooresville.  No comparison.

With the 4A only having 20% of the schools and 48 teams (of 76) in the playoffs the largest schools remain the same for the most part.  The small 4A lost a lot of prospective teams to 3A.

All of those teams you mention are from one county with the exception of Richmond County & Porter Ridge. When a city has almost a million residents, I would expect nothing less than a few elite teams in it. The problem is none of them are playing this week. Even if you got rid of subdivision, Richmond, MC & Butler would still fail to play this week. At least the Triad has a team every classification playing for the right to be in the State Championship game.  Charlotte will probably have 100 high schools before it all over with.

12 hours ago, JJ Barile said:

We have to be realistic here.. Yes winning a state title is tough, but this year's 4A is weak.

I guess 71st, Scotland County, East Forsyth & Porter Ridge should hang it up since the 4A west is weak. I'm sorry but if Greensboro, or Winston had a million residents, it would probably send 15 or 20 high schools to the 4A/4AA brackets, but thank goodness we're not crowded like Charlotte, and have a fan base that tends to write every team off as weak who isn't from Queen City. First these guys holler about getting rid of the subdivision, but yet their teams who are supposed to be powerhouse flawless & all sitting at home this week. Which one is it? I thought Richmond & Mallard Creek was going to roll to the title game. Instead the opposite happens, & now it's oh Myers Park had an easy post-season, & was well rested. No the truth of the matter is they got beat, thus, the Mavericks reign is over. A new Juggernaut is emerging & it's not going to be... I digress.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, forsythco said:

This fool really said that Carver and North Forsyth are "outdated".... I try to keep things civil here but that's something that just sets me off. The lack of will to invest in our current infrastructure is why Winston Salem is a sh*thole now. Build new high schools close to current high schools to poach students instead of just investing in said schools. That's counterproductive. 

What I really mean is the school is not big enough to handle the amount of kids in the area these days.where would you add onto either of those schools? It's not like they have space around them. I went to Carver by the way.

East by 9 over PR.

On 12/4/2018 at 1:40 PM, DaTrooth said:

I guess @Creekprogram didn't get the memo. My point exactly. We're just trying to establish what programs like Creek currently have. Would've been interesting to see if we could've made another run like 15 in 4AA with this team. 

Stop getting upset and just be grateful EF is in 4A this year.

On December 4, 2018 at 9:51 PM, HPCBison08 said:

Charlotte will officially be dethroned?  Not hardly. You have one program in Wake county on a roll.  When they falter, who's there to step up?  Not one single program.  Independence was on a roll.  Then who stepped up in Charlotte?  Butler.  Who else stepped up?  Mallard Creek, then Hough, Vance and Myers Park.  So no.  Charlotte has not been dethroned.  Everyone knows to win a state title at the 4AA level, you've got to go through Mecklenberg county, and not just because of the number of teams there.  You hear of no one saying that of Wake county.  For right now, you have to beat Wake Forest.  Everyone else there is a non factor.

4 hours ago, HPCBison08 said:

I guess 71st, Scotland County, East Forsyth & Porter Ridge should hang it up since the 4A west is weak. I'm sorry but if Greensboro, or Winston had a million residents, it would probably send 15 or 20 high schools to the 4A/4AA brackets, but thank goodness we're not crowded like Charlotte, and have a fan base that tends to write every team off as weak who isn't from Queen City. First these guys holler about getting rid of the subdivision, but yet their teams who are supposed to be powerhouse flawless & all sitting at home this week. Which one is it? I thought Richmond & Mallard Creek was going to roll to the title game. Instead the opposite happens, & now it's oh Myers Park had an easy post-season, & was well rested. No the truth of the matter is they got beat, thus, the Mavericks reign is over. A new Juggernaut is emerging & it's not going to be... I digress.

You're taking it overboard.. never said anything about hanging it up.. and i never said anything about the 4A West.. I live in Greensboro and am a Page alumni, Page was down this year as is Scotland and some other schools.. Heck Grimsley made it to the 3rd round. ;) 
Last i checked, you have no dog in the fight. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, footballfan1951 said:

Charlotte will officially be dethroned?  Not hardly. You have one program in Wake county on a roll.  When they falter, who's there to step up?  Not one single program.  Independence was on a roll.  Then who stepped up in Charlotte?  Butler.  Who else stepped up?  Mallard Creek, then Hough, Vance and Myers Park.  So no.  Charlotte has not been dethroned.  Everyone knows to win a state title at the 4AA level, you've got to go through Mecklenberg county, and not just because of the number of teams there.  You hear of no one saying that of Wake county.  For right now, you have to beat Wake Forest.  Everyone else there is a non factor.

7 hours ago, footballfan1951 said:

You do.  You just never can beat them.

Of course that's your go to. It fits your narrative. My response has nothing to do with us beating you all but again speaking to how you all waffle and blur the lines when it comes to EF.  Lol. We just need to win and finish. You all define nothing with your ever changing criteria for teams.  

@HPCBison08, @forsythco and anyone else trying to expose the hypocrisy these clowns keep spewing is a complete waste. I was just observing some comments while enjoying my BDay yesterday and realize it isn't that these charlotte posters don't get it but rather they choose not to.

That's why we have the ever changing criteria for elite status (who ever came up with that), we now question the legitimacy of EF potential birth in 4A final. Really take a look at these "hams" arguments.

Now we're told because of the "percieved" level of competition still playing that should we win our road to championship isn't legitimate. In that same breath PR is a threat REGARDLESS of record because they've played stiffer competition. 🤣🤣

Which one is it? Records matter to water down our possible  championship yet they don't matter because PR is still dangerous. Beware of those who can't be complimentary of others.

Once and for all NO EF poster ever hyped, put cables on, fired up whatever you call it considering our past lack of playoff success.  We get it again.

All we're saying is it's comical how narratives change as we seemingly are inching closer. We don't even comment other than congrats to whoever we lose to on here whenever that maybe. Should we lose tomorrow the same will be done with no excuses.

Why we have posters (thirsty) on here who's teams are preparing for Chtistmas Bball tourneys is beyond me.

Why can't we embrace the possibility EF could be the next Wake Forest? It's great for high school football to have numerous major players. 

We did not choose 4A our ADMs have us there. You act as if we're relieved to be there. 12 and 15 showed you all the name on the jerseys mean nothing to us now.

We either win and move on or lose and listen to whatever is said about us and rightfully so. I'll be the first on here tipping my hat. 

Like Forsyth said it's sad a championship just can't be appreciated but dimished because of some of you alls disdain at the expense of appreciating a run.

We still had to be good enough to make the run. We get it we win we're supposed to but if we lose we're pretenders the entire time. Ya'll are funny. #EAGLEPRIDE

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaTrooth said:

@HPCBison08, @forsythco and anyone else trying to expose the hypocrisy these clowns keep spewing is a complete waste. I was just observing some comments while enjoying my BDay yesterday and realize it isn't that these charlotte posters don't get it but rather they choose not to.

That's why we have the ever changing criteria for elite status (who ever came up with that), we now question the legitimacy of EF potential birth in 4A final. Really take a look at these "hams" arguments.

Now we're told because of the "percieved" level of competition still playing that should we win our road to championship isn't legitimate. In that same breath PR is a threat REGARDLESS of record because they've played stiffer competition. 🤣🤣

Which one is it? Records matter to water down our possible  championship yet they don't matter because PR is still dangerous. Beware of those who can't be complimentary of others.

Once and for all NO EF poster ever hyped, put cables on, fired up whatever you call it considering our past lack of playoff success.  We get it again.

All we're saying is it's comical how narratives change as we seemingly are inching closer. We don't even comment other than congrats to whoever we lose to on here whenever that maybe. Should we lose tomorrow the same will be done with no excuses.

Why we have posters (thirsty) on here who's teams are preparing for Chtistmas Bball tourneys is beyond me.

Why can't we embrace the possibility EF could be the next Wake Forest? It's great for high school football to have numerous major players. 

We did not choose 4A our ADMs have us there. You act as if we're relieved to be there. 12 and 15 showed you all the name on the jerseys mean nothing to us now.

We either win and move on or lose and listen to whatever is said about us and rightfully so. I'll be the first on here tipping my hat. 

Like Forsyth said it's sad a championship just can't be appreciated but dimished because of some of you alls disdain at the expense of appreciating a run.

We still had to be good enough to make the run. We get it we win we're supposed to but if we lose we're pretenders the entire time. Ya'll are funny. #EAGLEPRIDE

On 12/4/2018 at 5:38 PM, DaTrooth said:

Cant speak for all the other divisions so what a Reidsville or Ledford does means nothing to me. This is the 4a board.

As far as I am concerned if you win a title playing the Forsyth County girls academy it counts the same as beating Wake Forest but please.....just go win one because this non-stop, please accept us, tell us we are pretty blather is embarrasing. 

Either you win or you dont. Nobody gets anything for playing teams tough or scaring them. Just win.

• Like 2