Rate this topic

Fan Poll   

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• East Forsyth
    • Porter Ridge

1 hour ago, DaTrooth said:

The mind is a terrible thing to waste guy.  I stated clearly and concisely the scrimmage comment was a point to make we've competed with a team who is very capable of winning 4AA. 

That comment was attached to a comment made by someone that we're better off in 4A. What other point could be made comparable to anyone in 4AA when maybe the best team (Richmond) is still playing?

@work7 if you again go back and slowly read and dissect what I said I more than once said we can't say anything until we close the deal I'll break it down for you ( win states). Doesn't sound nothing like we're seeking notoriety (think you meant esteem, honor) notoriety is bad. 

My only argument and I can't make it anymore plain is if you go back to post from before 12 it was EF couldn't compete with Charlotte schools. Then after 12 and between 15 when obviously we closed the competitive gap it became EF gotta win states.

Both valid points. Now that it appears we may be on the verge of a states the narrative is like you just said we're in weak 4A. The ignorance in that comment is we didn't choose 4A but our ADMs have us there.

So how do you penalize a program for playing in a perceived weak class issued by enrollment not choice "sport"? 

You have no argument.  Charlotte has pretty much been running up in EF like a Brothel in Vegas. You gotta win a game before you start talking about closing a gap. You're currently 0-8 with Charlotte teams ending your season since 2009, with West Forsyth sending you packing in 2013. What gap did you close?  It is what it is, in regards to competition in 4A. Not my call but the Scotland guys said this was a rebuilding season for them and 71st is pretty good, but nothing elite about them. Hell they lost to 5-6 Southern Durham who's 3A. If you guys can't win it this year. We'll have to put East Forsyth on the 2A Board. :lol:   Good luck trying to convince someone that beating 71st or Scotland County in 2018 put you in the Elite status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaTrooth said:

Don't make this more than I meant for it. All we heard were the comments that we can't compete in the Big10 I'm sorry again the IMeck but we gave it to a team that stands a great chance of closing out 4AA in the West bracket is the only point I'm making.

You all constantly change the narrative to suit your Charlotte bias and I even stated again in my beginning post until we get it done there isn't much to say. Should we lose Friday then we've given you more ammo. 

The "no playing anyone" argument is tired and flawed (15 prove that). The best you can say is we haven't sniffed States since Milli Vanilli came out. We get it. We can compete and beat anyone in Charlotte on a given night.

Until the peanut gallery arrived we were talking about beating PR. I asked you what team you rock with? 

As it's always been said.. in order to be the best, you have to beat the best.. East Forsyth will not be able to say that this year if they win the 4A title.. you can say that you can compete with anyone until you're blue in the face, but until you actually do it.... You can't..

Win it all in 4AA first before you can call yourself elite or the best. 

42 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Josh Taylor. He went on to State as a preferred walk-on before getting a scholarship. 

Thats right. Great little HS QB

2 hours ago, DaTrooth said:

Those days of just showing up and beating EF are over. You can head to the store with that my dude. Our kids (program) realized in 12 we could play with anyone. Understand we didn't ask for 4A guy our ADM has us there.

We served that Richmond team that's still playing this week back in August at Wake Forest. We were prepared to see them and Vance before they went 4AA.

We don't control who goes up or down.

Richmond just got blown out by Myers Park last week....

You can't control who goes up or down, but you can control what you say... and EF hasn't beat any big elite programs in the playoffs.

EF didn't ask for 4A... But you are asking for people to question whether or not you belong in the big elite programs eschelon. Especially if you're using a scrimmage and close losses to justify it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Josh Taylor. He went on to State as a preferred walk-on before getting a scholarship. 

Was very happy for him receiving the scholarship for his senior season.  Well deserved reward for his commitment.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, work7 said:

Your post is why guys throughout the state are  giving you a hard time.  EF has been the team that just show's up thinking they can beat everyone. You need to flip that statement around.  You're basically crying for notoriety without doing anything. That's not how it works. You're not a state heavyweight when you only have moral victories on your resume.  Got to be really sad when you're  bragging about allegedly winning a scrimmage . Enjoy your run for the very  weak 4A. I can't recall when there's ever been a weaker field of competition.

Would you tell the kids that their in a weak classification & that their accomplishments don't mean anything? You have to remember these aren't grown men which would pertain to college & the Pros. I just can't stand when people make statements like oh the state champions don't count because it's subdivided into A or AA, or that the east is weak, or the west in 4A is weak. So, I'm guessing when JH Rose made their runs to the title games from 2003-2006, it was a weak small 4A. Or when Scotland County, Dudley & Catholic made their runs to the small 4A, it was a weak classification. If I ever have kids & someone tells them that their accomplishments don't mean anything, lets just say it's not going to be very pleasant when I encounter that person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, work7 said:

You have no argument.  Charlotte has pretty much been running up in EF like a Brothel in Vegas. You gotta win a game before you start talking about closing a gap. You're currently 0-8 with Charlotte teams ending your season since 2009, with West Forsyth sending you packing in 2013. What gap did you close?  It is what it is, in regards to competition in 4A. Not my call but the Scotland guys said this was a rebuilding season for them and 71st is pretty good, but nothing elite about them. Hell they lost to 5-6 Southern Durham who's 3A. If you guys can't win it this year. We'll have to put East Forsyth on the 2A Board. :lol:   Good luck trying to convince someone that beating 71st or Scotland County in 2018 put you in the Elite status.

@work7 you really have a problem understanding what I said. I never mentioned elite concerning state championships. That something the charlotte powers that be drummed up as a criteria for elite status.

Your math suffers too if you're just talking charlotte schools ending our playoff run. I believe we ended a couple Charlotte schools seasons too (your come back will be we played providence, w meck or harding again predictable) So your response is "it is what it is" when the playing in 4A argument made no sense because we can't choose what class we play in. 

That 2A comment is classic funny though. 

Two things you never have to worry about hearing from a Creek fan-

" Man, we showed we could play with Hough"  

" We held a big boy team scoreless in a scrimmage"

LMAO 

• Like 1

Many of these Charlotte fans are going to have to realize that their teams are no longer a powerhouse with the exception of Charlotte Catholic. Mecklenberg haven't won a state title at the 4AA level in three years, but have the audacity to look down at lower classifications with a royalty mind set on some old Britain Empire mess. I mean C'mon! If East Forsyth wins the 4A title, they deserved it & it isn't tainted or wasted just because your team is trying out for the hoops earlier than expected.

Mallard Creek loss because they weren't the better team than Hough that night, and I also think Charlotte Catholic & East Forsyth would have beaten Mallard Creek, & Butler had they played them in the 4AA playoffs. What many of you fail to realize that football is not only a Physical & Mental sport, it is also about how well one team matches up against another. This is why I believe Weddington is getting ready to play their last game of the season this Friday.

8 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

Many of these Charlotte fans are going to have to realize that their teams are no longer a powerhouse with the exception of Charlotte Catholic. Mecklenberg haven't won a state title at the 4AA level in three years, but have the audacity to look down at lower classifications with a royalty mind set on some old Britain Empire mess. I mean C'mon! If East Forsyth wins the 4A title, they deserved it & it isn't tainted or wasted just because your team is trying out for the hoops earlier than expected.

2 years. When was the last Forsyth County title?

3 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

2 years. When was the last Forsyth County title?

Ok so two years but there is still a possibility it will be three years because I don't see how any team from the good ol West in 4AA will stop Wake Forest Rolesville. But heck, what do I know I'm just a fan from the triad area.

8 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

Mallard Creek loss because they weren't the better than Hough that night, and I also think Charlotte Catholic & East Forsyth would have beaten Mallard Creek, & Butler had they played them in the 4AA playoffs. What many of you fail to realize that football is not only a Physical & Mental sport, it is also about how well one team matches up against another. This is why I believe Weddington is getting ready to play their last game of the season this Friday.

You could absolutely be correct. We will never know. Here is what we do know....MC's record against those 4 teams  23-6 all time. I would say that is dominant both physically, mentally and emotionally.

4 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

Ok so two years but there is still a possibility it will be three years because I don't see how any team from the good ol West is in 4AA will stop Wake Forest Rolesville. But heck, what do I know I'm just a fan from the triad area.

Didnt answer the question. Last title from Forsyth County?  

I truly hope East Forsyth gets it done if for no other reason then some of you guys can stop posting stuff like how you played in scrimmages and how close you came to winning. Just embarrassing. Please god win the damn thing and get over this massive inferiority complex. " Please like us, Please tell us we are good"......" Pretty Please"

2 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

You could absolutely be correct. We will never know. Here is what we do know....MC's record against those 4 teams  23-6 all time. I would say that is dominant both physically, mentally and emotionally.

That's great considering that Mallard Creek is primarily an infant school when it comes to time. I don't think the school have been up open for more than 15 years now. So, considering that many of the teams they face are much older historically, I would question... oh never mind. The truth is Mallard Creek was never meant to remain a powerhouse forever, just like Independence, just like Butler, just like Richmond County. It's football nature, get over it, & stop belittling the Triad because we're more diverse in classification than a Major Metropolitan city like Charlotte. At the rate that Charlotte is going with opening up a school every five years or so, y'all will have to form your own classification.

6 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Didnt answer the question. Last title from Forsyth County?  

Ok it's been since the 1990s but East Forsyth & Mount Tabor are going to break that record in a couple weeks I hope.

5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I truly hope East Forsyth gets it done if for no other reason then some of you guys can stop posting stuff like how you played in scrimmages and how close you came to winning. Just embarrassing. Please god win the damn thing and get over this massive inferiority complex. " Please like us, Please tell us we are good"......" Pretty Please"

As you should know I'm not an East Forsyth fan but I'm rooting for all the teams in the Triad area to bring home a State Title. Lets see that's Southeast Guilford, Reidsville, Mount Tabor, East Forsyth, North Davidson, & Ledford. As you can see that is a long list of potential state tile winners/ or runner ups. Charlotte is down to just Charlotte Catholic, Vance & Myers Park.

25 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

Would you tell the kids that their in a weak classification & that their accomplishments don't mean anything? You have to remember these aren't grown men which would pertain to college & the Pros. I just can't stand when people make statements like oh the state champions don't count because it's subdivided into A or AA, or that the east is weak, or the west in 4A is weak. So, I'm guessing when JH Rose made their runs to the title games from 2003-2006, it was a weak small 4A. Or when Scotland County, Dudley & Catholic made their runs to the small 4A, it was a weak classification. If I ever have kids & someone tells them that their accomplishments don't mean anything, lets just say it's not going to be very pleasant when I encounter that person.

Yes I would absolutely tell a kid that the 4A is weaker in my opinion than what it has been in years. If they asked.  Never said anything about it not counting  or their accomplishment didn't mean anything.   You really think a bunch of High School kids give a $#!+ about what I think? 😂😂😂 

4 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

That's great considering that Mallard Creek is primarily an infant school when it comes to time. I don't think the school have been up open for more than 15 years now. So, considering that many of the teams they face are much older historically, I would question... oh never mind. The truth is Mallard Creek was never meant to remain a powerhouse forever, just like Independence, just like Butler, just like Richmond County. It's football nature, get over it, & stop belittling the Triad because we're more diverse in classification than a Major Metropolitan city like Charlotte. At the rate that Charlotte is going with opening up a school every five years or so, y'all will have to form your own classification.

Hough open less time than MC. Diverse in classification??  OK. Gotcha. Creek one year from playing in the title game and now they are all washed up. EF hasnt played in a title game since Clinton was President and they are a powerhouse. Hmmmmm............Again. Just go win one so you guys can feel good about yourself again and dont have to have these open therapy sessions. " we were close", we won a scrimmage" " we scared you guys back in 2012"

5 minutes ago, HPCBison08 said:

As you should know I'm not an East Forsyth fan but I'm rooting for all the teams in the Triad area to bring home a State Title. Lets see that's Southeast Guilford, Reidsville, Mount Tabor, East Forsyth, North Davidson, & Ledford. As you can see that is a long list of potential state tile winners/ or runner ups. Charlotte is down to just Charlotte Catholic, Vance & Myers Park.

Charlotte Christian has already won a title as long as we are counting everything.

1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

Hough open less time than MC. Diverse in classification??  OK. Gotcha. Creek one year from playing in the title game and now they are all washed up. EF hasnt played in a title game since Clinton was President and they are a powerhouse. Hmmmmm............Again. Just go win one so you guys can feel good about yourself again and dont have to have these open therapy sessions. " we were close", we won a scrimmage" " we scared you guys back in 2012"

I don't know who said East Forsyth was a powerhouse, and if they did say it, they don't know nothing about football. You have to establish a program, & win a couple state titles consistently. East wouldn't fit that bill YET, but I believe they will in the near future.

1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

Charlotte Christian has already won a title as long as we are counting everything.

Yeah but I was talking teams that play in the public playoffs & win state titles there.

Last Forsyth County state title was 2002 with Carver winning the 3A classification.

Until a team gets over the hump, they will hear from detractors. A team making an initial run will not hear it, but one who has made multiple runs will. From 2009-2016 all Wake Forest heard was, "They do not play anybody." "They play in a weak region." "They can't beat anyone outside of Wake County." A couple of those years they had all-world players like Dexter Lawrence and Bryce Love. Guess what? The narrative changed in 2016 when they blanked Page 29-0. That title still didn't silence the doubters because then the narrative was, "Well, they didn't beat a Charlotte team." It wasn't a knock on Page because that year Page rolled through Olympic, W. Mecklenburg, W. Forsyth, and Vance. Also, Page had proven their mettle in 2011 when they beat Butler and Mallard Creek on the way to the 4AA title. So what happened, the next year (2017) WF gets a shot at Mecklenburg's best - Mallard Creek. WF proceeds to shut out MC 21-0. People can still say what they want about WF, their region, their lack of competition, whatever; WF has belts on the wall. They did it back-to-back with a good chance of completing a three-peat (something the Charlotte powers - Indy, Butler, and MC have done). They earned their respect. EF has a chance to take another step to earning theirs this week against Porter Ridge.

EF has been to one regional final this millennium. One. They had their shot in 2015 at one of Charlotte's best (MC) in Kernersville, even had a lead late in that game, but couldn't close the deal. The next year they have another opportunity with another Charlotte power (Catholic) and they couldn't get over the hump. EF can't control their ADM. Maybe if Forsyth County schools ceased treating education as some experiment with opening schools that have no business being open then they could have a powerhouse to rival the Char-Meck schools. That's not EF's fault, Willert's fault, the student-athletes fault. They are playing the hand they are dealt. Nevertheless, if they want the whispers to quiet down: Go win it. Simple as that. It's cold. It's hard. It's the truth. Winning a state title is an accomplishment no matter the classification. There are a lot of schools with dark stadiums this Friday night. Who cares if people say, "Well, it was 4A not 4AA." Screw 'em. A title is a title. The comparison of classifications is a red herring anyway. A team has to play the opponent in front of them. This week EF has Porter Ridge, not Mallard Creek, Butler, Vance, or Myers Park. Win it this week, one more opportunity awaits in the State Championships. But EF has to get through this week first. 

• Like 4