Rate this topic

Fan Poll   

29 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• East Forsyth
    • Porter Ridge

11 minutes ago, DaTrooth said:

I'll make it plain this time. Charlotte posters coming for EF when no one hyped EF at all except for the rankings we earned.

It's become "sport" it seems for some to downplay EF whether it makes sense or not. You're correct it is a football forum and of course I can never say what someone can and can't say.

I'm trying to understand the hype comments and among other things. No one hyped up EF. 

We're being considered "hype" by posters of teams who are no longer playing is comical. 

Hope I explained better this time guy. 

The posters are from all over and not specifically Charlotte. The majority of Charlotte Schools are 4AA. There's usually not  a lot of concern from Charlotte guys on what happens in 4A.  Good Luck to EF the rest of the way.

I guess @Creekprogram didn't get the memo. My point exactly. We're just trying to establish what programs like Creek currently have. Would've been interesting to see if we could've made another run like 15 in 4AA with this team. 

28 minutes ago, DaTrooth said:

I guess @Creekprogram didn't get the memo. My point exactly. We're just trying to establish what programs like Creek currently have. Would've been interesting to see if we could've made another run like 15 in 4AA with this team. 

Creekprogram was  just having fun. Nothing interesting about playing   Hough, Mallard Creek, Vance, Myers Park, Richmond, Butler and throw in North Meck. EF would have played no one to prepare them for that gauntlet of teams.   I don't believe anyone was excited about playing in the West this year.  While Wake Forest is playing in the Cup Cake tour out of the East. 

2 hours ago, DaTrooth said:

Here's what I don't understand no one from EF, Forsyth Co etc.. as far as I can tell has disparaged anyone from Charlotte (Creek). There was no "hype" other than the rankings we received throughout the year. The only "hyped" teams I saw and deservedly so were Creek and Hough both of which should have full basketball rosters now for their respective schools. 

No one came for Meck Co. We understand until we get it done against you all and we know we blew it in 15 we need not say anything about anyone south of Davidson Co. named (Creek, Butler) So why then are we getting heat from "Charlotte homers"?

We're just trying to finally get over the hump against a Porter Ridge team who's more than capable. Some of you all ironing basketball and wrestling jerseys for the season and EF still coming out your mouths. That's comes off as "thirsty". 

We understand ya'll rocking with PR being they're from the area and they're all you have left. The question about why we're at home since 12 could be answered by my 5yr old son.  Trying to understand the intrigue with the Weddington and Sun Valley validation toward EF.

EF played a 3A team ALSO in Tabor who we beat by 21 and who Weddington will get all they want from too. 

It's already been stated we had to get over the mental aspect of rematching Glenn and Grimsley which are very familiar with us.

There will be no rematch hangover this Friday. This will be a new AND capable opponent this week. Our kids will play better and hope in the end it's enough. 

Man.....You gotta get Meck county out of your head.

I think EF wins this one but if there is one team that would scare me its Porter Ridge. They dont have the juice that some of the other programs down here do and they have 4 losses. No matter what anyone says about being focused its real easy for the kids to exhale a bit. They have played a very good schedule and always seem to be tougher than you think they will be. I remember that  2012 game against New Bern where everyone was sure NB would blow them out. Came down to the last play. Sneaky good team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

I think EF wins this one but if there is one team that would scare me its Porter Ridge. They dont have the juice that some of the other programs down here do and they have 4 losses. No matter what anyone says about being focused its real easy for the kids to exhale a bit. They have played a very good schedule and always seem to be tougher than you think they will be. I remember that  2012 game against New Bern where everyone was sure NB would blow them out. Came down to the last play. Sneaky good team. 

Scotland pounded us the year before (2011) and when we beat them in the Eastern Finals in 2012, I think we all thought that was it. PR punched us in the mouth, they had some RB's that were fantastic. Our QB I think threw more INT's in that game than he did the entire season, but PR had a hand in that. That game-winning drive was intense. My fingers are sweating just typing this, phew, what a game. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler12 said:

Scotland pounded us the year before (2011) and when we beat them in the Eastern Finals in 2012, I think we all thought that was it. PR punched us in the mouth, they had some RB's that were fantastic. Our QB I think threw more INT's in that game than he did the entire season, but PR had a hand in that. That game-winning drive was intense. My fingers are sweating just typing this, phew, what a game. 

The name of the QB for NB escapes me but he was just ice in his veins on that last drive. It was a great HS game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, work7 said:

Creekprogram was  just having fun. Nothing interesting about playing   Hough, Mallard Creek, Vance, Myers Park, Richmond, Butler and throw in North Meck. EF would have played no one to prepare them for that gauntlet of teams.   I don't believe anyone was excited about playing in the West this year.  While Wake Forest is playing in the Cup Cake tour out of the East. 

Funny thing about your comment is we heard that in 15. We hadn't played anyone and that Creek was gonna expose us. I could hear a mosquito fart on your side of the stadium until you took it to overtime in the regional final.

You can take us to task on not closing the deal and winning States. I even laughed at some of the jokes. 

What you can't say anymore with us straight face is we can't compete with Creek or anyone else out of the SEC correction I mean IMeck. 

Those days of just showing up and beating EF are over. You can head to the store with that my dude. Our kids (program) realized in 12 we could play with anyone. Understand we didn't ask for 4A guy our ADM has us there.

We served that Richmond team that's still playing this week back in August at Wake Forest. We were prepared to see them and Vance before they went 4AA.

We don't control who goes up or down. We gotta beat PR then maybe Scotland or 71st. We knew some of you all would pull that "salty" argument 4A card. 

27 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Man.....You gotta get Meck county out of your head.

Not concerned at all. We've competed against your best and would welcome the challenge again. 

25 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

We expect a 4 quarter dog fight. We understand they're battle tested. 

My only point is you will get the same performance from Porter Ridge every time. They are consistent. They are coming in with nothing to lose. They will execute that spread option it is an irritating offense that puts pressure in clean decision making and it travels in the cold December playoffs. EF probably will win finally but I would not be surprised if PR pushes it and has a chance. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DaTrooth said:

Funny thing about your comment is we heard that in 15. We hadn't played anyone and that Creek was gonna expose us. I could hear a mosquito fart on your side of the stadium until you took it to overtime in the regional final.

You can take us to task on not closing the deal and winning States. I even laughed at some of the jokes. 

What you can't say anymore with us straight face is we can't compete with Creek or anyone else out of the SEC correction I mean IMeck. 

Those days of just showing up and beating EF are over. You can head to the store with that my dude. Our kids (program) realized in 12 we could play with anyone. Understand we didn't ask for 4A guy our ADM has us there.

We served that Richmond team that's still playing this week back in August at Wake Forest. We were prepared to see them and Vance before they went 4AA.

We don't control who goes up or down. We gotta beat PR then maybe Scotland or 71st. We knew some of you all would pull that "salty" argument 4A card. 

LOL.....Huh. When did you guys beat Richmond?

2012- Butler

2014- Providence

2015- Mallard Creek

2016- Charlotte Catholic

2017- Harding

Soon or later...........

6 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

LOL.....Huh. When did you guys beat Richmond?

We scrimmaged Richmond in August and held them to 0 points. It was a scrimmage for us as well as it was them too before you pull that card. 

You all are predictable.

5 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

2012- Butler

2014- Providence

2015- Mallard Creek

2016- Charlotte Catholic

2017- Harding

Soon or later...........

Wrigley which team do you follow sir? 

5 minutes ago, DaTrooth said:

We scrimmaged Richmond in August and held them to 0 points. It was a scrimmage for us as well as it was them too before you pull that card. 

You all are predictable.

I think you have proved my point. You are all pumped about a scrimmage in August.....LMAO. All I need to know. Congrats on that.

1 minute ago, Wrigley said:

I think you have proved my point. You are all pumped about a scrimmage in August.....LMAO. All I need to know. Congrats on that.

Don't make this more than I meant for it. All we heard were the comments that we can't compete in the Big10 I'm sorry again the IMeck but we gave it to a team that stands a great chance of closing out 4AA in the West bracket is the only point I'm making.

You all constantly change the narrative to suit your Charlotte bias and I even stated again in my beginning post until we get it done there isn't much to say. Should we lose Friday then we've given you more ammo. 

The "no playing anyone" argument is tired and flawed (15 prove that). The best you can say is we haven't sniffed States since Milli Vanilli came out. We get it. We can compete and beat anyone in Charlotte on a given night.

Until the peanut gallery arrived we were talking about beating PR. I asked you what team you rock with? 

12 minutes ago, DaTrooth said:

Don't make this more than I meant for it. All we heard were the comments that we can't compete in the Big10 I'm sorry again the IMeck but we gave it to a team that stands a great chance of closing out 4AA in the West bracket is the only point I'm making.

You all constantly change the narrative to suit your Charlotte bias and I even stated again in my beginning post until we get it done there isn't much to say. Should we lose Friday then we've given you more ammo. 

The "no playing anyone" argument is tired and flawed (15 prove that). The best you can say is we haven't sniffed States since Milli Vanilli came out. We get it. We can compete and beat anyone in Charlotte on a given night.

Until the peanut gallery arrived we were talking about beating PR. I asked you what team you rock with? 

Come on.....just stop until you finish. The only teams that can actually talk at this point are Wake Forest & Page who are the only teams North of Charlotte NC that have beat teams down here with any regularity. EF is right now a good team still trying to get over the HUMP.  This year is your best shot 4a instead of 4aa draw with PR, 71’s & a down Scotland team.  

1 hour ago, DaTrooth said:

Your post is why guys throughout the state are  giving you a hard time.  EF has been the team that just show's up thinking they can beat everyone. You need to flip that statement around.  You're basically crying for notoriety without doing anything. That's not how it works. You're not a state heavyweight when you only have moral victories on your resume.  Got to be really sad when you're  bragging about allegedly winning a scrimmage . Enjoy your run for the very  weak 4A. I can't recall when there's ever been a weaker field of competition.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Creekprogram said:

My only point is you will get the same performance from Porter Ridge every time. They are consistent. They are coming in with nothing to lose. They will execute that spread option it is an irritating offense that puts pressure in clean decision making and it travels in the cold December playoffs. EF probably will win finally but I would not be surprised if PR pushes it and has a chance. 

That's a reality. We understand what's before us and that we can lose. You get no arguments from me with this one. They're very dangerous.

25 minutes ago, work7 said:

Your post is why guys throughout the state are  giving you a hard time.  EF has been the team that just show's up thinking they can beat everyone. You need to flip that statement around.  You're basically crying for notoriety without doing anything. That's not how it works. You're not a state heavyweight when you only have moral victories on your resume.  Got to be really sad when you're  bragging about allegedly winning a scrimmage . Enjoy your run for the very  weak 4A. I can't recall when there's ever been a weaker field of competition.

The mind is a terrible thing to waste guy.  I stated clearly and concisely the scrimmage comment was a point to make we've competed with a team who is very capable of winning 4AA. 

That comment was attached to a comment made by someone that we're better off in 4A. What other point could be made comparable to anyone in 4AA when maybe the best team (Richmond) is still playing?

@work7 if you again go back and slowly read and dissect what I said I more than once said we can't say anything until we close the deal I'll break it down for you ( win states). Doesn't sound nothing like we're seeking notoriety (think you meant esteem, honor) notoriety is bad. 

My only argument and I can't make it anymore plain is if you go back to post from before 12 it was EF couldn't compete with Charlotte schools. Then after 12 and between 15 when obviously we closed the competitive gap it became EF gotta win states.

Both valid points. Now that it appears we may be on the verge of a states the narrative is like you just said we're in weak 4A. The ignorance in that comment is we didn't choose 4A but our ADMs have us there.

So how do you penalize a program for playing in a perceived weak class issued by enrollment not choice "sport"? 

46 minutes ago, Creekprogram said:

Come on.....just stop until you finish. The only teams that can actually talk at this point are Wake Forest & Page who are the only teams North of Charlotte NC that have beat teams down here with any regularity. EF is right now a good team still trying to get over the HUMP.  This year is your best shot 4a instead of 4aa draw with PR, 71’s & a down Scotland team.  

What's your best shot this year? Boys basketball, girls basketball or wrestling?😅😜😉

1 hour ago, DaTrooth said:

but we gave it to a team that stands a great chance of closing out 4AA in the West bracket is the only point I'm making.

Huh??? Maybe I missed it. What team did you guys beat in that scrimmage??

Just now, Wrigley said:

Huh??? Maybe I missed it. What team did you guys beat in that scrimmage??

Done with you. You can't answer a simple question. Lol. I asked you who you rep for? You've covered about every school in Meck Co and upper SC. I'm confused. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

The name of the QB for NB escapes me but he was just ice in his veins on that last drive. It was a great HS game.

Josh Taylor. He went on to State as a preferred walk-on before getting a scholarship.