Sign in to follow this  
Chris Hughes

3A East Finals: Jacksonville 41, Havelock 34

Fan Poll   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will advance to the finals?

• Havelock
    • Jacksonville

Yes 10-2 awaits J-ville in one week, when J-ville plays their last game of the year against the team that gave them their 1. 

• Like 1

After four tough ballgames in a row, I don't think the Rams will be taking anything for granted.  Everyone wants a piece of the number 1 3A school in the state this year.  Yet, they persevere.  The radio announcer renamed the three-headed monster Havelock backfield: too fast,  let's go, and in a hurry.   Will Harris pass, will he run, will he hand it off, will he blitz and sack the QB? I dunno does anyone know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MonarchTerritory2016 said:

Oh this is going to be a great game I can’t wait 

38 minutes ago, Ramfan75 said:

After four tough ballgames in a row, I don't think the Rams will be taking anything for granted.  Everyone wants a piece of the number 1 3A school in the state this year.  Yet, they persevere.  The radio announcer renamed the three-headed monster Havelock backfield: too fast,  let's go, and in a hurry.   Will Harris pass, will he run, will he hand it off, will he blitz and sack the QB? I dunno does anyone know?

Hey our kids are looking forward to the challenge. Hopefully we can give them a good game. Anything is possible. I mean hell the Cowboys beat the Saints. The Rams are a talented bunch I don’t think anyone will question that. Just keep in mind we have a few athletes in Jacksonville as well. I understand fans will get on boards and say what they say. But you beat believe I don’t care how many times they have beaten them in past Havelock players and coaches respect Jacksonville. They know if there is the one team who can match up with them the Cards are it. That’s straight from a die hard Havelock fan at the last game we played. Havelock knows that when they step on the field against Jacksonville they are not hands down the fastest, most athletic team on the field. Cards can match them athletically and speed wise. Rams have more big game experience which helps then

tremendously. 

This will be a good game if we clean up the flags and play a clean game it may just be like before. I don’t think we are going in saying it will be easy and I am sure Jax is ready to snap this drought against us. It is put up or shut up time, this is the Eastern Finals everyone will be on top of there game.

Good luck to whom ever wins glad it is two Coastal Conf teams, our conf has always done well in the playoffs every year.

Whomever comes out victorious Get your game up to knock off the western Conf Team I am sick of them lol 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rams4life said:

This will be a good game if we clean up the flags and play a clean game it may just be like before. I don’t think we are going in saying it will be easy and I am sure Jax is ready to snap this drought against us. It is put up or shut up time, this is the Eastern Finals everyone will be on top of there game.

Good luck to whom ever wins glad it is two Coastal Conf teams, our conf has always done well in the playoffs every year.

Whomever comes out victorious Get your game up to knock off the western Conf Team I am sick of them lol 

Exactly Ram! I am probably the biggest Ram fan except when they play my Cards! But yes so tired of the West they think they are the only folks who play football in NC. It’s awesome that no matter what anyone has to say. The state 3A title always has to go through the coastal conference.

If either of your Eastern teams can beat Catholic or Kings Mountain, well y'all got one heck of a team I'll be the first to say. Charlotte Catholic is as tough as any team in 3A and Kings Mountain just knocked off the high flying undefeated NWC. Your winner better rest up next week cause your gonna have one heck of an opponent in the championship game. West by 14.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

If either of your Eastern teams can beat Catholic or Kings Mountain, well y'all got one heck of a team I'll be the first to say. Charlotte Catholic is as tough as any team in 3A and Kings Mountain just knocked off the high flying undefeated NWC. Your winner better rest up next week cause your gonna have one heck of an opponent in the championship game. West by 14.

Can’t speak on either team have not seen either play. Whether it’s Havelock or Jacksonville the West has better be ready as well. Two very high powered offenses that are hard to stop. With crazy speed and athletes oall over the field on both sides of the ball. If it’s Havelock I can promise you will not beat the Rams twice. Cards will give you a run for your money and very well can beat you. So please stay over confident.

Just stirring the pot 32, just stirring the pot. Your boys might have what it takes but they better pack their lunch cause it's gonna take em all night.

No doubt some top notch teams out West,  and either one will bring it to the championship game.  Offensively, neither have seen a team quite like Jacksonville or Havelock.  J-ville has 2 or 3 playmakers, Havelock twice that. Both will lite up the state title game like no one has ever seen before. 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 8:55 AM, Rams4life said:

6 hours ago, SPRaiders78 said:

Just stirring the pot 32, just stirring the pot. Your boys might have what it takes but they better pack their lunch cause it's gonna take em all night.

Here is what I can guarantee you. Havelock or Jacksonville will represent themselves well if either of them make it to the championship game. Y’all always say CC never has a bunch of great athletes or a bunch of kids with great speed. Well Havelock and Jacksonville have legit burners on both sides of the ball who are not only fast but football players. Don’t just go handing your boys the ship that easy. Either team they have to play they will have to play their best game as well. Highly doubtful that they have witnessed two offenses like what they will see from either one of these Eastern Teams who can score a bunch in a hurry. I am not going to take anything away from the Western teams but when the Eastern teams have beat y’all it’s been teams that just overwhelmed y’all with a whole bunch of athletes on both sides of the ball. Not just offensively but on fast swarming athletic defenses as well. That’s what your getting from these two teams. So be real careful just handing Catholic the rings automatically. If they make it past KM they will have to play their most complete game for 4 Wt to beat either one of these Eastern teams this year. Not saying that they won’t but best believe when they line up on the field they will find out real fast.

JHS getting no love on here either. Will JHS get to their first title game since 1994 or will Havelock make their annual trip to the hill. Should be a good one. Good luck to both an hope Injury free game 

I think this year's J-ville team probably beats last year's Havelock team.  It will be very tough for them to beat this year's Havelock team which probably is one of the best offensive teams it's ever had. Whoever wins, it won't be Harris's last game.  He's on the 2018 Shrine Bowl roster and will play next weekend either for state title or for a Shrine Bowl win. Heck, he may be able to play both since the 3A title game is Friday night and the Shrine Bowl game is on Saturday.   He will also play in the US Army All American Bowl on Jan 5 2019. 

Amazing. Cannot spit great teams points like this. Opening kickoff then darn fumble kick return. Havelock doing exactly what great teams do. Make you pay. Let’s see if they make adjustments and come out in the 2nd half make some stops and score a bunch real fast. Let’s go.

Opening kickoff of 1st half returned 90 yds for TD by Hoover,  Havelock's pooch kickoff recovered by the Rams. 1st offensive play 37 yard run for TD - 14-0 25 seconds into the game.  Havelock's driven the ball into the J-ville red zone on every possession, fumbled once, stopped on downs once - scored every other time.